LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Mad Props to our fans!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I was at the game yesterday and it's the first time i've seen our fans standing for long time and cheering on the team like they did...almost the entire stadium was standing (minus the old grumpy fan base) The noise was LOUD and the atmosphere was intense!

I've never been to a playoff game but to many regular season games and yesterday was the best time ever!!!
Saw way too many Giants fans in the stadium
Originally posted by valrod33:

There were definitely plenty Giants fans! I could hear them trying to chant DEFENSE and rival our Niner fans but they weren't having it!! Niner fans rocked the stick and I couldn't have been more proud of our fan base than I was yesterday during that game! GO FAITHFUL!!!
ya the crowd sounded amazing if we make it to NFC Championship game in GREEN BAY im finding away to go even if i live 15 hours away in Ottawa Canada GO NINERS

expected that, those big name teams fans travel well. thats why the bucs game and browns game you didnt have insane numbers of their fans, i expect a whole bunch of terrible towels waving around our monday night game.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
There were a lot of Giant fans at the game and did hear their cheers but it was nothing compared to our fans cheering defense! Even some of the Giant fans around me were saying that it was intense yesterday and that their fans don't get this crazy! They admitted to enjoying the experience at "The Stick!"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Was gonna say the same thing kind of, but on TV I heard way too much cheering when the Giants did something good.
  • boqi
  • Veteran
Wish I had gone to the game... Cheap friends/family. Lol.

Well I'm going to the Rams game (12/4). I hope the Stick is as packed as yesterday.
That was as loud as they've been since the Giants playoff game back in '02.
The crowd was loud but I've seen it louder before. Way too many giants fans. The crowd could have been louder. I expect more especially if we have a home playoff game

That was as electric of a sporting event that I attended. The only one that compared was a Sacramento-Utah basketball game back in 2002 at Arco Arena. It doesn't get much better than this, and I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy the moment, because these moments (when a team is in its ascendancy and has "legitimizing" games) in the histories of franchises don't come very often.

Here is the thing regarding other fans that come to the stick. California is one of the most diverse states in the country and there are a lot of transplants from other states. I haven't been to an away game yet, but I doubt you are going to see many opposing fans at other stadiums outside of California. 49er fans came up yesterday and I loved it...I felt like screaming at the top of my lungs was not enough...I was pounding on the seat in front of me and stomping my feet...12th man in its finest form...Mad props to the Faithful
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boqi:

Well I'm going to the Rams game (12/4). I hope the Stick is as packed as yesterday.

I hear you there! I invite friends or family to these games and even offer to get them tickets...but noooooo! i'm too tired, i don't want to spend the money...lol - love them to death but com'mon man!!!
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by boqi:

I hear you there! I invite friends or family to these games and even offer to get them tickets...but noooooo! i'm too tired, i don't want to spend the money...lol - love them to death but com'mon man!!!

Why not go to the game by yourself?
"You're welcome."

Sincerely,
Obnoxious, yet knowledgeable, young 49er fan that loves my team.
Share 49ersWebzone