LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 200 users in the forums

Did they ever reveal which play was Skywalker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I highly doubt we'll ever know if we'll know which play was Skywalker. Harbaugh and the 49ers tend to keep everything close to the vest... but I'm so curious! Harbaugh said it worked!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I highly doubt we'll ever know if we'll know which play was Skywalker. Harbaugh and the 49ers tend to keep everything close to the vest... but I'm so curious! Harbaugh said it worked!

It was that pass to Kyle Williams that netted 14 yards.

14yd pass to Kyle Williams

Harbaugh said it went for 14 yards. i am half tempted to rematch game and fond that 14 yard play.
The wheel route play...?
I thought it was the Alex Smith scramble that went for 14 yards, Maiocco said they placed that as an option for Alex Smith depending on what coverage the Giants go with.

It makes more sense.

Even one of the team's early "runs" came on a called pass play featuring a scramble from Smith. When Smith later set up a field goal with a run up the middle, I thought the play appeared to have come off by design. The team sent three players on what appeared to be vertical routes along the left side. Smith quickly took off up the middle. That play was not scripted, however. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman said Smith ran upon seeing the Giants' coverage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/51403/around-the-nfc-west-49ers-big-step
[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM ]
It was the onside kick!
Originally posted by brizznasty:
It was that pass to Kyle Williams that netted 14 yards.

Ooooh! We'll see it tomorrow on NFL Network, but can anybody remember how the play went? Wasn't it a playaction bootleg or something? I have no idea what the play design was, except that it was a nice play by Williams.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
49ers unveil 'Skywalker' pass play. It gains 16 yards and leads to one of David Akers' four field goals. bit.ly/vnhgxf

SANTA CLARA -- The 49ers unveiled their "Skywalker" pass play on Sunday, and it netted 16 yards in the third quarter.Tight ends Delanie Walker and Vernon Davis ran streak routes down the middle of the field. Ted Ginn, lined up wide to the right side, and ran a comeback route. Quarterback Alex Smith hit Ginn with a 16-yard pass along the 49ers' sideline.

The play helped set up a David Akers' fourth field goal in the 49ers' 27-20 victory over the New York Giants.

The 49ers added "Skywalker" to their playbook last week in honor of Sgt. Dontae Skywalker, a Relief Commander at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Sgt. Skywalker gave the team a tour at Arlington National Cemetery the day before the 49ers played the Washington Redskins.

He was a guest of the team on the sideline for the 49ers' 19-11 victory. Sgt. Skywalker and his wife will also be on the sideline for the 49ers' game Thanksgiving night against the Baltimore Ravens.

"We heard that name and we said we have to name a play after this guy, so we did," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said.

Read more: 'Skywalker' gains 16 yards, sets up 49ers field goal Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone