LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Carlos Rodgers is about to be on NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Are they seriously going to debate if the bears are the second best team in the league? We beat them with Singletary as the HC, and yes, the niners have the better chance against the packers.

I don't know, but I seriously do think the Bears will beat the Packers when they meet this year.

Packers still need to prove they are good, They haven't gone up against a decent Defense yet.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Are they seriously going to debate if the bears are the second best team in the league? We beat them with Singletary as the HC, and yes, the niners have the better chance against the packers.

I don't know, but I seriously do think the Bears will beat the Packers when they meet this year.

Packers still need to prove they are good, They haven't gone up against a decent Defense yet.

Yup, and like it or not, the Bears are also one of the most complete teams in the NFL. They can pass, they can run, they have great defense, they have arguably the best special teams (better than SF).

Yup, and like it or not, the Bears are also one of the most complete teams in the NFL. They can pass, they can run, they have great defense, they have arguably the best special teams (better than SF).

Disagree with the last part.

Yes, I'd take Hester over Ginn without a second thought, but both Akers and Lee are better.

Rodgers was knocked out (concussion) more than one game i think last year. The way he likes to run sometimes, it could happen again against Chi, Det.

UM GB already played and beat chicago IN Chicago. of course that was back when the bears were throwing on every single play rather than handing the ball off to Forte, but that has nothing to do with GB not playing a good D I still hope the Bears win when they meet again tho. SOMEONE besides us has to beat GB
  • Jiks
It's Rogers not Rodgers...
NaVorro Bowman is about to be on NFL32 on ESPN2
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
NaVorro Bowman is about to be on NFL32 on ESPN2

Watching nao!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Yes, I'd take Hester over Ginn without a second thought, but both Akers and Lee are better.

Yea that's a good point.

Rodgers was knocked out (concussion) more than one game i think last year. The way he likes to run sometimes, it could happen again against Chi, Det.
I hope so!

Originally posted by tmpluff:
UM GB already played and beat chicago IN Chicago. of course that was back when the bears were throwing on every single play rather than handing the ball off to Forte, but that has nothing to do with GB not playing a good D I still hope the Bears win when they meet again tho. SOMEONE besides us has to beat GB

You're right they did lose in chicago. I just think the Bears will get em next time, they're are different team with the offensive focus on Forte. And the Bears D was scary good yesterday against the Lions!

I think they're the last hope to beat the Packers, otherwise they will go undefeated!

Our coverage unit is top flight as well.

And we don't have Hester, but we have a guy who's maybe 2nd or 3rd best return man in the league.

I agree with Marvin. Akers/Lee combo is scary good. If the Niner offense gets to the opposition 35 yard its pretty much a guarenteed minimum of 3 points considering Akers never misses and the offense takes care of the ball. Then you have Lee who can flip field position in our favor everytime he punts it away. These two guys make it an uphill battle for oposing teams.
Carlos Rogers has been such a pleasant surprise. The knock on him coming in was that he couldn't catch the football to save his life, there wasn't really any complaints about his coverage. Well, all he's done is fine tune his coverage skills and become one of the games elite corners with 5 picks through week 10. The 49ers haven't had an impact corner like this in years! Should definitely be in Pro Bowl, even if he doesn't intercept another pass all year, he's been huge for this secondary! http://baysportsjournal.blogspot.com/
Double-Post
[ Edited by BaySportsJournal on Nov 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Yunchang:

I agree with Marvin. Akers/Lee combo is scary good. If the Niner offense gets to the opposition 35 yard its pretty much a guarenteed minimum of 3 points considering Akers never misses and the offense takes care of the ball. Then you have Lee who can flip field position in our favor everytime he punts it away. These two guys make it an uphill battle for oposing teams.

I agree with Marvin too. Maybe what I should've said was "The Bears return game is the NFL's deadliest."

Hester just changes the game.
Originally posted by Yunchang:

I agree with Marvin too. Maybe what I should've said was "The Bears return game is the NFL's deadliest."

Hester just changes the game.

bears have the best ST in the nfl period

hester is just to valuable

he will be in the HOF as a returner
Share 49ersWebzone