LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Get Vernon the darn ball!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know how else to say this...Vernon needs the ball in his hands. Outside of Gore/Hunter he's one of our best playmakers. He's not a natural pass catcher but he's pretty explosive when given he opportunity. And he needs MORE opportunitys hands down. 5 to 10 yard outs and seam routes are his money makers.. Hell it works on Madden :-) If we wanna continue to progress with the offense then he needs more touches per game. Dudes a beast.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I wish he'd head straight downhill after the grab, he tries to stop and start too much in the open field. He looked good catching the ball in stride last night though. I wish we'd threaten deep more often with that seam route he dropped last week.
Wish he caught that one in Washington
Yes he needs to get the ball on regular basis
Everyone always complains about not getting the ball to VD, i personally agree and think we should try more often.
But what people dont realize is that defenses know by now to cover VD with their best players. He's covered up almost every play.

That's why D.Walker has been getting so much attention, defenses usually cover up Davis and leave walker wide open
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Nov 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]
He's not very shift in open space and always uses his body to catch the ball. Not to say he's a bad player, but he has a lot of limitations.
Smith completed 19 passes to 8 different targets, including three or more passes to four different receivers.

Forcing the ball to Davis is something both Martz and Singtary attempted to imploy. Davis will get more targets when he gets open more often.
Share 49ersWebzone