LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 201 users in the forums

What I noticed about our playcalling...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought it was a big eff you to everyone who doubted our ability to get the job done in the air
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
I thought it was a big eff you to everyone who doubted our ability to get the job done in the air

This ^

A BIG F U C K YOU
On the 2 point conversion against the Giants, I noticed Jim Harbaugh used the Split Back Formation which I thought it was a classic West Coast formation that was ran by Bill Walsh to Steve Marriucci era.
[ Edited by letitroll on Nov 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
Keep in mind that keeping the passing game limited wasn't just the coaches wanting it that way -- "hiding it". It was prudent development of the passing game. It takes longer for the Oline to gel for pass protection (see preseason and game 1 as examples of the problems) and time for the QB and receivers to get all the route adjustments and timing down. So the coaches were taking as much time as possible to develop the passing game before having to unveil it.

I would suspect the last couple of weeks it was looking a lot better in practice, so with Gore hurt, it was time to unveil the passing attack.

Now the offense can really start to become a balanced multi-pronged threat. This could get fun to watch.
Originally posted by Next9erDynasty:
I think the idea is to systematically make it difficult for opponents to prepare.

Start by establishing an identity as a run-first team, then air it out. Once teams start dropping into coverage, ground and pound.

When the playoffs come, use formations and plays that have been practiced for the whole year, just waiting for the right situation. (Like "Sprint Right Option" for example)

Agree. I think they are saving a lot of things for later in the playoffs when teams think they have a formation figured out will get something completely different for sure
Share 49ersWebzone