LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Could playing in Green Bay be better than Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
playing in SF is obviously better

we need alex to ake his audibles
If we play them in the NFC championship game, it will probably be like 14 below I would much rather play in San Francisco!
I gave some guff to the lame Packer backer that joined recently in regard to the Niners being better built to play in Lambeau come January, but that's far from the truth. GB has the best home field advantage in the League come December. I been to that stadium for a game in January and it's effing miserable, but to those Packer fans it's a right of passage and they take great pride in showing up in droves in the brutal cold to support their team.

Niners were in town in December one year, I am sitting on a metal bleacher 5 rows up in an end-zone section. The entire stadium is shaking with chants of "T O SUCKS" "T O SUCKS". Literally shaking and quite noticeably. Now it wasn't as cold as other times I had been, but it was sleeting which blows nearly as bad as negative temps.

Imo any team's best chances to beat the Packers is to play them anywhere but Lambeau come playoff time.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Happs:
Depends on the seat location. My regular season tix are $99. I'm assuming the Playoff tickets are going to be $200+.

I usually take friends and just give them a ticket during the season. But for the playoffs, I'm going to have to ask them to fork over some cash.

You could always send me a pm , I'm willing to pay! Ive been saving
My money for playoff ticket.
Originally posted by strat1080:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
They don't practice in the cold, The only time they are in the Cold is on Gameday and walking to their car from where ever they are at or going to.

Actually they do. They have an outdoor practice field with a heated surface. They only go inside when its too windy or snowing.
Ummm no, their practice facility is in doors, and right across the street from the stadium.
Originally posted by WINiner:
They don't practice in the cold, The only time they are in the Cold is on Gameday and walking to their car from where ever they are at or going to.

Actually they do. They have an outdoor practice field with a heated surface. They only go inside when its too windy or snowing.
Ummm no, their practice facility is in doors, and right across the street from the stadium.

When I was there they were practicing outside accross the street from the stadium. Maybe they have two practice fields?
Originally posted by Yunchang:

When I was there they were practicing outside accross the street from the stadium. Maybe they have two practice fields?
They do practice outside in like training camp and maybe walk through quickly outside during the season, but I have never heard of them practicing outside in the winter and knowing the media and Packer fans I think it would certainly be a topic of discussion.

Your typical Packer fans knows EVERYTHING there is to know about the Packers. Obscure records held from the days when the NFL consisted of a handful of teams right off the top of their heads, but know jack crap about the rest the NFL. I was talking with a few friends who are fans, after the Packers opening day Thursday night win, what they thought of the weekends games and the response was "What do I care, the Packers already won" to a man.

They do practice outside in like training camp and maybe walk through quickly outside during the season, but I have never heard of them practicing outside in the winter and knowing the media and Packer fans I think it would certainly be a topic of discussion.

Your typical Packer fans knows EVERYTHING there is to know about the Packers. Obscure records held from the days when the NFL consisted of a handful of teams right off the top of their heads, but know jack crap about the rest the NFL. I was talking with a few friends who are fans, after the Packers opening day Thursday night win, what they thought of the weekends games and the response was "What do I care, the Packers already won" to a man.

My wife is a Packer fan and we went there some years ago (2003-2004) in late November and we would eat at the upstairs bar/restaurant during the week and watch them accross the street. I guess it is possible that they were just doing a walkthough.
I do have to say that Lambeau is a great stadium. If anybody has a chance to go there for a game they should not pass it up. Hopefully the Niners new stadium can stack up.

My wife is a Packer fan and we went there some years ago (2003-2004) in late November and we would eat at the upstairs bar/restaurant during the week and watch them accross the street. I guess it is possible that they were just doing a walkthough.
I do have to say that Lambeau is a great stadium. If anybody has a chance to go there for a game they should not pass it up. Hopefully the Niners new stadium can stack up.
It's ok, but not at all comfortable. You can kinda feel the history though and that's cool. They are talking about reopening stock sales to fund an expansion.
Yeah the history has alot to do with it. We had good seats. 40-45 yard line behind visitors sideline first row. Only thing that sucked was it was sometimes tuff to see the field with all the players standing up.

Share 49ersWebzone