There are 135 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Don't wanna be a dick, but the Cundiff was the reason the Skins started out 3-6, and could have been 5-4. -The guy they brought in to replace Cundiff back in October (Kai Forbath) came in and broke the NFL record for consecutive field goals, one of his shoes was sent to Canton last week.

Sadly though, the move makes sense, cause Cundiff is probably the only 'fit' kicker ready to start on the 12th with (recent) deep playoff experience, cause Jeff Reed is under a bar table somewhere, s**tting his pants.

so we get the bye thanks to Cundiff!

LOL.
WTF? I'd rather have Punter Lee compete with Akers. Great, TWO Kickers who are likely to choke in the playoffs.
Jim will only use Cundiff if we play the ravens in the superbowl, and are down three with 2 seconds left and if that isnt the case I dont know why he would sign this chokingSONA^%&%*&MUTHER^%^&%
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Don't wanna be a dick, but the Cundiff was the reason the Skins started out 3-6, and could have been 5-4. -The guy they brought in to replace Cundiff back in October (Kai Forbath) came in and broke the NFL record for consecutive field goals, one of his shoes was sent to Canton last week.

Sadly though, the move makes sense, cause Cundiff is probably the only 'fit' kicker ready to start on the 12th with (recent) deep playoff experience, cause Jeff Reed is under a bar table somewhere, s**tting his pants.

so we get the bye thanks to Cundiff!

LOL.
Game stats 2012

9/9 @ Saints = 4/4 (long 45)
9/16 @ Rams = 0/1
9/23 vs Bengals = 1/1 (long 36)
9/30 @ Buccaneers = 1/4 (long 41)
10/7 vs Falcons = 1/2 (long 23)
May the best man win. Hopefully we are very aggressive when it comes to trying to get touchdowns not field goals in the playoffs!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
May the best man win. Hopefully we are very aggressive when it comes to trying to get touchdowns not field goals in the playoffs!

Good point, this will force us to go for touchdowns instead of settling for FG's.
I just hope Akers isn't suffering from depression, and that it is a legit injury which has put him through this slump.
Originally posted by 49amane:
Jim will only use Cundiff if we play the ravens in the superbowl, and are down three with 2 seconds left and if that isnt the case I dont know why he would sign this chokingSONA^%&%*&MUTHER^%^&%

isnt that his brothers kicker from last year lol
billy dont be a hero
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I want an entire scouting team devoted to searching the nation for the best kicker and spending a 4th round pick on him. This kicking competition is something out of an Adam Sandler movie.

Not that bad. One year, the Patriots invited people from all over the world in for a wide open kicker competition and ended up signing a guy named John Smith, who had never played football at any level before. He turned out OK, lasting 10 years.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
This doesn't make me feel any better

It makes me feel better, waaaaay better.
Share 49ersWebzone