There are 209 users in the forums

Jim Tomsula FIRED thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
My list in order of preference (not the most realistic options for many reasons)

1. Mike Holgrem - proven he can develop a young QB
2 . Mike Shanahan - Proven good coach and a great eye for talent.
3. Chip Kelly - Wild card - could be a great hire and a visionary or out of the NFL after the next stop.
4. Jon Gruden - long shot - making to much $ working a couple days a week.
5. Bill Cower - long shot - making to much $ working a couple days a week.
6. Josh McDaniels - long shot, i doubt he will take this job. I think he even turned down the interview last year.

I don't see most of those guys being HC. Most of them have not been HCs, OCs or DCs for a while. I think they will go with a 40 year old OC or DC.
Tomsula is a rat, he always was an helped get Harbs fired. He is getting everything he deserves. Kick rocks!!! Exit stage left!!
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
My list in order of preference (not the most realistic options for many reasons)

1. Mike Holgrem - proven he can develop a young QB
2 . Mike Shanahan - Proven good coach and a great eye for talent.
3. Chip Kelly - Wild card - could be a great hire and a visionary or out of the NFL after the next stop.
4. Jon Gruden - long shot - making to much $ working a couple days a week.
5. Bill Cower - long shot - making to much $ working a couple days a week.
6. Josh McDaniels - long shot, i doubt he will take this job. I think he even turned down the interview last year.

I don't see most of those guys being HC. Most of them have not been HCs, OCs or DCs for a while. I think they will go with a 40 year old OC or DC.

I agree with you. I think we will end up with a first time HC who was a DC. None of the top young guys are going to take the job. They will go into better situations with more talent like Indy (Gase or Jackson) and the Giants (McDaniels).

Thats just my wish list, I think Holgrem would be the best by far but York and Balkee will never go for it because he would be the most competent person in the building and will call them on their idiotic moves and ideas.
Mixed emotions hearing Adam and Mort on Tomsula. I want him gone as HC (but would love him to return as DL Coach), but very worried about the replacement. Can't believe they would promote Mangina with his history, but we are talking about the Yorks....
JT will never be a HC in the NFL again after this. I don't want JT anywhere near Santa Clara from here on out. There are other competent DL coaches.
[ Edited by fister30 on Jan 3, 2016 at 8:30 AM ]
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Mixed emotions hearing Adam and Mort on Tomsula. I want him gone as HC (but would love him to return as DL Coach), but very worried about the replacement. Can't believe they would promote Mangina with his history, but we are talking about the Yorks....

If they retain him, they could just make him the DL coach and HC Assistant.

But not realistic.
Tomasula has been universally hated. Damn near everyone here has trashed him yet I knew I'd come here and see people complaining that he was probably gonna be fired.

According to most here I would think that tomasula is so bad that it doesn't matter who we replace him with.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Jan 3, 2016 at 8:55 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Tomsula out, Mangini in, lol The zone would implode.

Lol no one is staying on this staff.

no one deserves to
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Tomasula has been universally hated. Damn near everyone here has trashed him yet I knew I'd come here and see people complaining that he was probably gonna be fired.

According to most here I would think that tomasula is so bad that it doesn't matter who we replace him with.

Uh, where?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Tomsula is a rat, he always was an helped get Harbs fired. He is getting everything he deserves. Kick rocks!!! Exit stage left!!

but he is a nice guy who deserves to come back as d line coach

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:

why? he let the d line go to hell this year. in my opinion he rode the coat tails of country and aldon smith, when aldon was not stabbing himself with a pen knife
Originally posted by cciowa:

He IS a nice guy and a very good D-line coach and we are losing that talent as a result of Jed and Baalke's ineptitude.

But, the Niners can't insist that the new coach retain the old coach. The new coach needs to be able to hire their own staff. Look what happened last year when Gase was told he had to retain Tomsula. Not again!
Double post
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:06 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

He IS a nice guy and a very good D-line coach and we are losing that talent as a result of Jed and Baalke's ineptitude.

you are wrong on every count in my opinion,,,,,,, just as i was wrong in thinking jt and his coaches would be good for us, I could give two s**ts if he is a nice guy and if he is, that is in part what got him fired. to worried about being a friend to the players,, and of all the things that keep me up at night, losing him as a d line coach is not one of them. if he was so good, he would have stepped in this year and not let the d line go to hell. over rated as a good guy, over rated as a d line coach and he can not even be rated as a head coach
Share 49ersWebzone