There are 217 users in the forums

Best Goal Line Stand

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Gets better every time. I don't care if it was the Super Bowl or not.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
actually i seem to recall a big game we had in the mooch days, when we held held a team on first and goal from the one,,, they then got a fresh set of downs and had a brand new first and goal from the one. if i recall someone knocked the ball loose and one of our linebackers ran 99 yards for the 7.... now that was a long time ago and i may have my facts all messed up but i really recall something like this??
Originally posted by cciowa:
actually i seem to recall a big game we had in the mooch days, when we held held a team on first and goal from the one,,, they then got a fresh set of downs and had a brand new first and goal from the one. if i recall someone knocked the ball loose and one of our linebackers ran 99 yards for the 7.... now that was a long time ago and i may have my facts all messed up but i really recall something like this??

I believe it was 2001 vs philly was the mooch era one. The second one was lee Woodall vs buffalo in 1995.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Gets better every time. I don't care if it was the Super Bowl or not.
that is a very well done video,, now my question is who is the world is the little goober who works for the niners in a suit coat, short guy with black hair a black goatee,,, he was on the sidelines in that game and he was also right in the middle of the infamous jh slap on the back moment in the lions game,,, he is always around,, pr guy? i have been curious about him for years

We had a great goal-line stand with Mooch back in 2001 against the Eagles. I believe they ran 7 or 8 plays inside our 5-yard line (got a fresh set of downs after defensive holding). Derek "Cyclops" Smith picked off McNabb in the endzone. That was epic!

The 99-yard TD was back in 1995 iirc. Against the Bills. I think it was Gary Plummer that crushed Thurman Thomas right at the goalline, and then Lee Woodall scooped up the fumble and raced 99 yards for the score.
Originally posted by Niners816:

I believe it was 2001 vs philly was the mooch era one. The second one was lee Woodall vs buffalo in 1995.

Yup. Good memory
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i think you are right , thank you . two different things, thank you 816,, you are a good citizen. yes in 2001 i think we held a team 8 times on first and goal from the one. i think
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yup. Good memory
thank god for you guys. you are a tribute to niner history!!
thank god for you guys. you are a tribute to niner history!!

Thanks....football is my favorite hobby and I really love being able understand both the X's and O's and the history of such a great game/team.

uhhhh..... 81 super bowl vs the bengals anyone? Dan Bunz?
  • thl408
cover0

@ 6:51
Originally posted by FGore2121:
uhhhh..... 81 super bowl vs the bengals anyone? Dan Bunz?

That's what I was thinking

Share 49ersWebzone