LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 101 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are niner fans!! Today has been horrible!
So to make all of us feel better Google worst play call in nfl history 😂😂 no matter how bad things are going we would have to do massive damage to upstage the 1-2 😃
Originally posted by cris_sonic:

i hope jim tomsula,york and balke are inside..
I need an extra serving of that kool aid please.
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Originally posted by THEB:
Baalke has been preparing for this day to come. We already have or are set to acquire all the replacements for the guys we lost, and some of them are better than who we lost.

Frank Gore - He will be replaced with a tandem of Hyde and Hunter (if hunter can recover from the injury) I firmly believe that even if we just had Hyde, it will be a slight improvement in speed and stamina. We will lose a team leader, but whos to say Carlos cant step into that role until he has the chance to?

Justin Smith - He wasnt great by any means last year, and we have Dockett coming in to help solidify the d line.

Patrick Willis - I can confidently say that Borland is better than Pat right now. Pat was obviously better in his prime, but right now is what counts, and what Borland did last year was spectacular.

Michael Crabtree - Bringing in Torrey Smith will be a HUGE upgrade over Crabtree, who most of us are ready to let go of.

Jim Harbaugh and Staff - Jim & staff are seriously the only loss that im not confident we have replaced with equal or better talent, but i have to hold judgement until i see Tomsulas staff perform.

no. Willis when healthy is incredible. Borland is solid, but small and not great in coverage.
I'm still not certain he will be better than Wilhoite.

LMAO Borland was better than Wilhoite the second he stepped onto the field.
Well, it all depends to me how Bowman returns. If the rumors are true that he failed his physical, then we are in big trouble. If he gets healthy and back to his old self or at least close to, then the loss of Willis won't be that big. I'm worried about the loss of Smith/McDonald at DL as we have some question marks there. How does Dockett return from his ACL injury? Will Tank take the next step? Getting Dorsey/Williams back on the DL should help though.

I agree that the loss of Gore shouldn't be all that bad. Hyde should be able to put up similar production and Hunter will return. And of course, we will pick a RB in one of the first four rounds like always.

Even if Miller leaves, I see Millard stepping right in. Millard was the best FB prospect in the draft last year.

What I am worried about is what happens with Culliver or Cox? We need to sign one of them for sure, and I hope it is Culliver.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Well, it all depends to me how Bowman returns. If the rumors are true that he failed his physical, then we are in big trouble. If he gets healthy and back to his old self or at least close to, then the loss of Willis won't be that big. I'm worried about the loss of Smith/McDonald at DL as we have some question marks there. How does Dockett return from his ACL injury? Will Tank take the next step? Getting Dorsey/Williams back on the DL should help though.

I agree that the loss of Gore shouldn't be all that bad. Hyde should be able to put up similar production and Hunter will return. And of course, we will pick a RB in one of the first four rounds like always.

Even if Miller leaves, I see Millard stepping right in. Millard was the best FB prospect in the draft last year.

What I am worried about is what happens with Culliver or Cox? We need to sign one of them for sure, and I hope it is Culliver.

you had me until you said culliver
This is like a bizzaro version of the 49ers to include the coaches. WTF!? all of my favorite coaches and players are gone. The ones I don't like are still here.
If you don't think Culliver is good, then I have nothing to say to you. Shame how some get stuck to one opinion and aren't open minded. Culliver plays great this past season but is still seen as an bum? Okay…….
Originally posted by LB49ers:
I really don't get why everyone thinks that Bowman is just going to come back like nothing ever happened. The last time we saw him he was on the ground with his leg bent completely the wrong way. I can't think of any player who has ever comeback to original form. In fact most are average at best. Remember what BY was before the injury and what he was after is wasn't even close. BY before looked like a multiple year all-pro with a hall of fame career and after he was just a good player. And the one place that Willis will hurt the most is in Pass Defense. He could stay with great TE's and RB's while Borland while great against the run is real liability in the pass game.

Sad isn't it? Bowman is and will not be the same.. I love the guy? Wish him the best but it's sad that people think he will be the same guy pre-injury. Not going to happen guys. It's the reality of the situation, it was a very bad knee injury. You can't possibly count him in like everything will be back to form with him.

Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Sad isn't it? Bowman is and will not be the same.. I love the guy? Wish him the best but it's sad that people think he will be the same guy pre-injury. Not going to happen guys. It's the reality of the situation, it was a very bad knee injury. You can't possibly count him in like everything will be back to form with him.

We are seeing this first hand with the Bulls D.Rose. Lost explosiveness and is now injury prone.
Tank/Dorsey/Dockett

Aldon/Bowman/Borland/Lynch

Is still a pretty darn good front 7. Especially if Tank is the real deal.
Im with ab on this. You cant lose that many performers and expect very green talent to fill the void. Npne of the new guys have the physical tools of the departed. Thats the reality.
The niners will be a completely different team next year. That is not necessarily a bad or good thing, all depends on the young guys we've been developing. We literally have a player that CAN step up for every one that has gone lets hope they do. Its going to come down to coaching and for now i have faith in tomsula. That's mostly the fan in me, because i am a homer. Not a blind homer. But in my heart i see playoffs. my brain isn't working atm so can't comment what it sees.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Im with ab on this. You cant lose that many performers and expect very green talent to fill the void. Npne of the new guys have the physical tools of the departed. Thats the reality.

So...what did we see out of the guys who filled in for those dearted guys last year...?

Hyde, Borland, tank did very well...and that is a reality
Share 49ersWebzone