LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 164 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Do you think VD is hurt or something else?

I just think he lost it. Hoping he proves me wrong. But signing the 3rd te to an extension leans me think so too.

off year caused by multiple distractions on many levels,, the x coach lost the team during the late stages of the season so do not blame vernon much for his off year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Oh by the way, what an insane offseason in general. I wish the 49ers weren't so prominent, but its been crazy all over. I cant wait to see what goes down later and this week. At this point I am excited to see how the first round of the draft goes. We could seriously go in an direction. Would anyone be made if we moved up for Gordon? So many options.

Looks like we're signing Torrey Smith to a 4-5 years, only $6.5M per. That's a terrific contract/value.
but but but, no one wants to come here and i miss jh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Looks like we're signing Torrey Smith to a 4-5 years, only $6.5M per. That's a terrific contract/value.

Waaaaay better fit for us than craptree. lol

He takes the top off - lets boldin do his thing and then we can work patton and ellington underneath as well. Vd is the big ? here. I hope these coaches are up to par man.
you think we may sign a nice free agent guard along with a rookie to compete for over rated lupati?
Originally posted by cciowa:
you think we may sign a nice free agent guard along with a rookie to compete for over rated lupati?

Iupatis replacement was drafted last year to compete with whoever doesn't win center this year and likely another draft pick this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Iupatis replacement was drafted last year to compete with whoever doesn't win center this year and likely another draft pick this year.
ok, sounds good. i hate lupati and i chuckle every time some talking head expert blathers that losing him is another sign we will suck.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1. For one, Baalke couldn't have been preparing for turnover like yesterday. I'm sure Patrick Willis retiring was a big blow to his plans and Tomsula's for that matter.

Frank Gore - You all are optimistic that Hyde can fill Gore's shoes, maybe but I'm being cautiously optimistic. For one Gore was the best blocking RB this team has had since Garrison Hearst, Gore not only filled those shoes he owned them.

Justin Smith - He was great by any means, R U FRICKIN KIDDING ME!!!! Justin Smith shutdown the left-side thee was a huge drop off in play when he left. Filling his shoes is a HUGE NEED. Maybe just maybe Tank Carradine can step right in.

Patrick Willis - The hear and soul of the defense, it wasn't just his play but his leadership on the field that made the difference. Hopefully Navarro Bowman is healthy enough to fill that role.

Last but not least, losing Jim Harbaugh I think will be a big factor and to say we won't miss a step is a little absurd, we don't even know how Tomsula will manage a game right now let alone game plan for one. Like I said before, with Harbaugh I always felt like the 9ers are SUPPOSE to be in the playoffs and the NFC Championship, last year has got to be one of the biggest flukes in Harbaugh's career.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
1. For one, Baalke couldn't have been preparing for turnover like yesterday. I'm sure Patrick Willis retiring was a big blow to his plans and Tomsula's for that matter.

Frank Gore - You all are optimistic that Hyde can fill Gore's shoes, maybe but I'm being cautiously optimistic. For one Gore was the best blocking RB this team has had since Garrison Hearst, Gore not only filled those shoes he owned them.

Justin Smith - He was great by any means, R U FRICKIN KIDDING ME!!!! Justin Smith shutdown the left-side thee was a huge drop off in play when he left. Filling his shoes is a HUGE NEED. Maybe just maybe Tank Carradine can step right in.

Patrick Willis - The hear and soul of the defense, it wasn't just his play but his leadership on the field that made the difference. Hopefully Navarro Bowman is healthy enough to fill that role.

Last but not least, losing Jim Harbaugh I think will be a big factor and to say we won't miss a step is a little absurd, we don't even know how Tomsula will manage a game right now let alone game plan for one. Like I said before, with Harbaugh I always felt like the 9ers are SUPPOSE to be in the playoffs and the NFC Championship, last year has got to be one of the biggest flukes in Harbaugh's career.

Willis retiring is a major blow. No doubt about it. Our Free agent losses are expected. I actually think we need to try keep Cox and/or Cully, not the more popular named players. My biggest concern is the coaches as well. A lot of fans fear the Nolan/Singletary era all over again (rightfully so). Come week ten will the consensus be the coaches are getting all the talent out of these guys are not? To me that is the real question this year. Don't forget we could go 8-8 this year and the feeling will be that it was a great year and we are primed for 2016 etc. We just have no idea what to expect at this time.
ok guys... Tom Brady has key players lost each and every year... Colin is our Tom!!! I believe in #7 !!!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by THEB:
Baalke has been preparing for this day to come. We already have or are set to acquire all the replacements for the guys we lost, and some of them are better than who we lost.

Frank Gore - He will be replaced with a tandem of Hyde and Hunter (if hunter can recover from the injury) I firmly believe that even if we just had Hyde, it will be a slight improvement in speed and stamina. We will lose a team leader, but whos to say Carlos cant step into that role until he has the chance to?

Justin Smith - He wasnt great by any means last year, and we have Dockett coming in to help solidify the d line.

Patrick Willis - I can confidently say that Borland is better than Pat right now. Pat was obviously better in his prime, but right now is what counts, and what Borland did last year was spectacular.

Michael Crabtree - Bringing in Torrey Smith will be a HUGE upgrade over Crabtree, who most of us are ready to let go of.

Jim Harbaugh and Staff - Jim & staff are seriously the only loss that im not confident we have replaced with equal or better talent, but i have to hold judgement until i see Tomsulas staff perform.

Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

if you disagree, why dont you actually contribute your disagreement instead of contributing absolutely nothing.

Well said, explain

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I get some of the optimism with replacing other players, but I just don't see it in any way shape or form with Cowboy. Docket has been falling off, even before his ACL, and Carradine's four sacks are not a sign of the second coming of J. Smith.

No comment on the coaching staff.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
loosing brooks will be one of our biggest issues. dude gets no where near the credit he deserves. Sure he fks up every now and then, but he's a fkn beast. Sets the edge like no one else. Lynch will get swept in or out, allowing RB's to get around him. wait and see.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the other thing that no one talks about, cuz its more fun to roll out shock and awe at the rats jumping ship.... for years we have spent alot of time signing under the radar middle tier players no one else wanted like skuta, cox , rogersand others. while some of our own fans called them garbage the front office knew better and they all went on to do good things for us. if i recall, they were all signed on one or two year cheap deals. Thats fine until those guys start to perform which they did. Now i may be simple and stupid but pretty soon you have to either pay them more based upon their showing for you or let them walk. since we do not get into a pissing match for anyone, we let them walk, after we affix a fair price to them.. that is the risk in the long term you run when you sign some guys to those one year cheap deals. sooner or later , if they play well, you have a decision to make i love skuta but no way in hell i will pay for what the jags are paying for him. i love gore but yes, all i would do is a one year deal
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

yep,, i think it will be fun to see thomas, martin and kilgore duke it out for the various spots. the line may look different but thats ok,, lupati sucked and i would be ok dumping boone to. maybe dump martin and maybe sign a cheap under the radar vet?
Daniel Jeremiah the only guy with perspective on the NFLN panel about us.
Share 49ersWebzone