LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 175 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just hope Bowman comes back strong. We did not have Bo, Willis, and Aldon. Just having Bo and Aldon back at full speed is a huge upgrade considering how well Borland played.

Now throw in a more experienced Lynch and adding Dockett.

How defense is better on paper right now.
hyde for gore, somebody for iupati, ray mac gone, skuta gone, cowboy in limbo, cox and or cully in limbo, miller limbo, crabs?, lloyd limbo, willis gone, brooks gone. i can see how we'll stay competitive.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

LOL awesome
Originally posted by NCommand:
Daniel Jeremiah the only guy with perspective on the NFLN panel about us.

What did he say
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
hyde for gore, somebody for iupati, ray mac gone, skuta gone, cowboy in limbo, cox and or cully in limbo, miller limbo, crabs?, lloyd limbo, willis gone, brooks gone. i can see how we'll stay competitive.

you may be the only one crying for the loss of miss lloyd and lupati and crabs.. you want to pay skuta what he got from the jags? three nice young kids duking it out for center and over rated lupaits job. slow crab tree,,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we certainly have had experience trying to fill the shoes of willis over the last few years when he has been hurt. bowman, borland michael w and some unknown you know we will pick up with fill the bill there. other vets like bethea and bowman need to step up,, you know damn well dockett is a automatic motivator . if country comes back thats just gravy
We wont miss a step and here's why.....

There are no steps once you fall off the cliff.....
Originally posted by crabman82:
you dont gut the core of your team and not face a set back. even if talent level doesnt dip much or any, you have to take into account leadership and chemistry. look at the rag tag D we ended last year with, you're only an injury or two from seeing these guys as starters. its incredibly naive to think we wont miss a beat. i wont begrudge the overly homer angle on this, i wish i could feel the same way. i hope it works out, but you have to highly skeptical to expect them back next year in the mix again.

And who exactly was it that gutted the core of their team? All of the players mentioned were unrestricted free agents who could sign wherever they wanted. Carlos Hyde and Brandon Thomas were drafted for a reason now its time to see if they can step up. Justin Smith has been contemplating retirement for awhile and they have already signed Dockett to help. They apparently offered Gore $4 Million for one year, a fair price for a 32 year old RB. I hate to see him go but that is the economics of the game. Everyone says Iupati has been a liability in the passing game maybe Thomas can do better. People who claim to know about these things say he was a first or second round talent before his knee injury. And how is Patrick Willis' retirement the front office's fault?

Skuta wasn't worth to them what he ended up getting in Jacksonville where he'll probably be a starter so I can't see how to fault them there. As for Crabtree all I have to say about him is good riddance. And Harbaugh and his staff? I liked them well enough but at the end of the day they proved that they couldn't beat Seattle with Harbaugh's handpicked QB. If you can't beat Seattle you can't win the division so I'm not sure what all the drama has been about his ouster. Fangio will be missed though.

I think the more distressing news is the signing of Jerome Simpson, the interest in Greg Hardy, and the report about Bruce Miller, who I like a lot but even there they have Trey Millard in the wings. It sort of puts the lie to the whole "winning with class" thing which I think is a worthwhile goal.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Daniel Jeremiah the only guy with perspective on the NFLN panel about us.

and peter king wrote an amazingly good article about us.. well the haters will knash their teeth and foam at the mouth cuz it is positive talk about us but thats beside the point
Originally posted by Joecool:
I just hope Bowman comes back strong. We did not have Bo, Willis, and Aldon. Just having Bo and Aldon back at full speed is a huge upgrade considering how well Borland played.

And Carradine started to come on late last year.... and Brock was our #1 CB who will be back this year…. among many other roster based positives that are being overlooked.

Some fans just want to justify and soak in the misery of the situation and refuse to see any positive whatsoever, kind of sad really. Outside of Willis and now Millers law troubles, all of this was foreseen since the start of last year. We knew it would be hard to get Gore to sign another contract here considering we don't overpay, Smith contemplated retirement last year, Crabtree was as good as gone the second he took off his cleats in the last game of the season, and Iupati was a turnstile in pass protection and his run blocking regressed as well to the point it was likely the FO wouldn't meet his contract demands.

The leadership void will be hard to take initially but the mantra is "next man up" for a reason. New voices and leaders will emerge in the locker room, the roster is still as talented as ever. Grabbing Torrey Smith & Dockett are key, Iupati's replacement is already on the roster as is Willis's, and there is still cap room and 9 picks to play with before the real season actually starts. Writing this team off so early is a mistake.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
you dont gut the core of your team and not face a set back. even if talent level doesnt dip much or any, you have to take into account leadership and chemistry. look at the rag tag D we ended last year with, you're only an injury or two from seeing these guys as starters. its incredibly naive to think we wont miss a beat. i wont begrudge the overly homer angle on this, i wish i could feel the same way. i hope it works out, but you have to highly skeptical to expect them back next year in the mix again.

And who exactly was it that gutted the core of their team? All of the players mentioned were unrestricted free agents who could sign wherever they wanted. Carlos Hyde and Brandon Thomas were drafted for a reason now its time to see if they can step up. Justin Smith has been contemplating retirement for awhile and they have already signed Dockett to help. They apparently offered Gore $4 Million for one year, a fair price for a 32 year old RB. I hate to see him go but that is the economics of the game. Everyone says Iupati has been a liability in the passing game maybe Thomas can do better. People who claim to know about these things say he was a first or second round talent before his knee injury. And how is Patrick Willis' retirement the front office's fault?

Skuta wasn't worth to them what he ended up getting in Jacksonville where he'll probably be a starter so I can't see how to fault them there. As for Crabtree all I have to say about him is good riddance. And Harbaugh and his staff? I liked them well enough but at the end of the day they proved that they couldn't beat Seattle with Harbaugh's handpicked QB. If you can't beat Seattle you can't win the division so I'm not sure what all the drama has been about his ouster. Fangio will be missed though.

I think the more distressing news is the signing of Jerome Simpson, the interest in Greg Hardy, and the report about Bruce Miller, who I like a lot but even there they have Trey Millard in the wings. It sort of puts the lie to the whole "winning with class" thing which I think is a worthwhile goal.
good post,, i am ok with simpson cuz i think everyone deserves a second chance and we have done that many times,,,, not a big fan of hardy. miller is a surprise but again not the front office fault although i am sure some in the grassy knoll will fine a way to spin it that way. disagree with you about fangio,, he was average at best before he came here and took over good players. i think the winning class is more about having a coach who does not throw multiple temper tantrums on the field
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by Joecool:

And Carradine started to come on late last year.... and Brock was our #1 CB who will be back this year…. among many other roster based positives that are being overlooked.

Some fans just want to justify and soak in the misery of the situation and refuse to see any positive whatsoever, kind of sad really. Outside of Willis and now Millers law troubles, all of this was foreseen since the start of last year. We knew it would be hard to get Gore to sign another contract here considering we don't overpay, Smith contemplated retirement last year, Crabtree was as good as gone the second he took off his cleats in the last game of the season, and Iupati was a turnstile in pass protection and his run blocking regressed as well to the point it was likely the FO wouldn't meet his contract demands.

The leadership void will be hard to take initially but the mantra is "next man up" for a reason. New voices and leaders will emerge in the locker room, the roster is still as talented as ever. Grabbing Torrey Smith & Dockett are key, Iupati's replacement is already on the roster as is Willis's, and there is still cap room and 9 picks to play with before the real season actually starts. Writing this team off so early is a mistake.

I agree with everything you said but let's look at leadership and chemistry. What leaders of the locker room did we lose in Gore, Willis, and Justin? I don't think we lost any locker room verbal leadership because these are the same guys that accepted a locker room that had half the players dressing in a different location. They had onfield leadership but I don't think they had much locker room leadership. They worked will with personalities in that they didn't step on anyone's toes but I think this team needed a little more.
Originally posted by 49ers81:

I think what jed said was winning with class by smashing on opponents not keeping them around for a comeback...
What cracks me up is that New England literally, turns over their roster every year...no biggie. We lost key players from 2012 and now we've got "big holes to fill" and are slated to be last place in the NFC West. LMAO!
The over reactions have been silly at best. Let's recap "Black Monday":

- The eminent loss of the following players has been expected for weeks - Iupati, Crabtree, Gore, J. Smith (retirement), Cully/Cox (very unlikely we'd ever keep both). To add these to the list of unexpected shocks is disingenuous.

- Willis retirement. A true surprise, but can't control what people want to do with their lives. I wish him the best. You have Bowman/Borland step up to plate and move on.

- Miller's arrest. Hopefully it's a misunderstanding and he was trying to stop her from driving drunk or something, but even if he's guilty as sin you cut him and find someone else to step up. A FB can be replaced if needed.

- Bowman may be cut. LOLOLOLOL - not gonna happen

- Kaep on the trade block - LOLOLOL - not gonna happen. Pretty obvious at this point that it was spin from other teams trying to go after the same free agents.

So, in short - two unexpected things that actually matter, not a dozen. Calm yourselves.
Share 49ersWebzone