There are 137 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Daniel Jeremiah the only guy with perspective on the NFLN panel about us.

What did he say

Same that we said in here in terms of no drop-off on the field (talent and we're prepared for this) but loss in leadership while still recognizing we still have great leaders in Boldin, CK, Staley, Dockett, Reid, Bethea, Bowman, etc. familiarity with systems and coaches with Tomsula, Mangini, Geep, etc. AND that we are just starting FA today...draft...long ways to go.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
The over reactions have been silly at best. Let's recap "Black Monday":

- The eminent loss of the following players has been expected for weeks - Iupati, Crabtree, Gore, J. Smith (retirement), Cully/Cox (very unlikely we'd ever keep both). To add these to the list of unexpected shocks is disingenuous.

- Willis retirement. A true surprise, but can't control what people want to do with their lives. I wish him the best. You have Bowman/Borland step up to plate and move on.

- Miller's arrest. Hopefully it's a misunderstanding and he was trying to stop her from driving drunk or something, but even if he's guilty as sin you cut him and find someone else to step up. A FB can be replaced if needed.

- Bowman may be cut. LOLOLOLOL - not gonna happen

- Kaep on the trade block - LOLOLOL - not gonna happen. Pretty obvious at this point that it was spin from other teams trying to go after the same free agents.

So, in short - two unexpected things that actually matter, not a dozen. Calm yourselves.
and we have no control over the willis and alleged miller thing. losing fat ass lupati and crabs was a given thank god,, county is still on the fence but you knew that has been brewing for two years
Not that a Hawks fan input matters but jeez some of you need to chill. My team made over 200 player changes in one year. Then two years later was playing in a playoff game with a winning record in Atlanta. Next year we were in the Super Bowl. I remember when we lost what I thought was our best players for NO NAMES like Kam and Richard Who? We picked up Bennett and Avril and our D got better. I'm just saying wait till August because Free Agents can be signed and let go within a week or so. Wait till after the draft and FA and some mini camps before you get bummed on your team. Your team was only in the dark years to bad choices on contracts and sh***y coaching and personal till TB fixed it. He hired a lot of people that this fan base loved so I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he can still find players and draft well enough to be competing this year or the following years.
^^^ Thank you, Seahawk fan. Good perspective.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Daniel Jeremiah the only guy with perspective on the NFLN panel about us.

What did he say

Same that we said in here in terms of no drop-off on the field (talent and we're prepared for this) but loss in leadership while still recognizing we still have great leaders in Boldin, CK, Staley, Dockett, Reid, Bethea, Bowman, etc. familiarity with systems and coaches with Tomsula, Mangini, Geep, etc. AND that we are just starting FA today...draft...long ways to go.

Let's add that we're starting the FA period with something like $20 mil in cap space and we've got the highest draft pick the team has had in years. People need to calm down and let the process happen before they decide the world is ending.
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
Not that a Hawks fan input matters but jeez some of you need to chill. My team made over 200 player changes in one year. Then two years later was playing in a playoff game with a winning record in Atlanta. Next year we were in the Super Bowl. I remember when we lost what I thought was our best players for NO NAMES like Kam and Richard Who? We picked up Bennett and Avril and our D got better. I'm just saying wait till August because Free Agents can be signed and let go within a week or so. Wait till after the draft and FA and some mini camps before you get bummed on your team. Your team was only in the dark years to bad choices on contracts and sh***y coaching and personal till TB fixed it. He hired a lot of people that this fan base loved so I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he can still find players and draft well enough to be competing this year or the following years.

How do we get a Russell Wilson?
last in division

book it
OK so Seattle got Jimmy Graham and no more Willis to cover him. I mark that an improvement for Hawks over Niners lol
Originally posted by susweel:
last in division

book it

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
OK so Seattle got Jimmy Graham and no more Willis to cover him. I mark that an improvement for Hawks over Niners lol

"Sooo Willis is retiring? Let's go get Graham."

Didn't Bowman cover him in the 2013 game?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That dudes going to dehydrate quickly if he keeps that up.
Originally posted by braap49er:

You guys know Willis hasn't primarily covered TE's since Bowman's emergence right?
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Mar 10, 2015 at 1:14 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by braap49er:

You guys know Willis hasn't primarily covered TE's since Bowman's emergence right?

I think it's pretty clear that Cisco doesn't know that. Maybe he hasn't actually been watching games.
We Got another Smith brother..Torrey !
Share 49ersWebzone