LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 175 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
If we can't bring back Culliver I'd like to see us make a push for CB Trae Waynes. If we can somehow bring back Cully, I'd like a trade back and take Gurley/Pass Rusher
Originally posted by nenerahero:
Originally posted by crabman82:
you dont gut the core of your team and not face a set back. even if talent level doesnt dip much or any, you have to take into account leadership and chemistry. look at the rag tag D we ended last year with, you're only an injury or two from seeing these guys as starters. its incredibly naive to think we wont miss a beat. i wont begrudge the overly homer angle on this, i wish i could feel the same way. i hope it works out, but you have to highly skeptical to expect them back next year in the mix again.

Agree. There are a lot of dynamics at play for us to "not miss a beat". Other teams are getting some pretty good updates too. Baltimore, Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Philly, Arizona, all of them are going to be stronger than before.

After these many changes, I get a feeling we have traded a working model to replace it with a random one. I just hope what'll come to pass won't make me bitter.

All those teams you listed have lost a lot of critical coaches AND starters and key depth. This is only day 2 of FA and I'm having a hard time finding a single rookie who could come in and start/upgrade over what we currently have in place.
Originally posted by NCommand:
What cracks me up is that New England literally, turns over their roster every year...no biggie. We lost key players from 2012 and now we've got "big holes to fill" and are slated to be last place in the NFC West. LMAO!

They do keep one particular guy around, some QB they seem to like.

In other news I am still betting my peeps on FB that the niners will finish better than their teams. Their teams include raiders, rams, some seahawks and a few outliers like bengals, patriots and bears.

But inside, I am crying. I think next year is more of a quest for six wins than a quest for six titles.
Stopped reading at "Justin Smith wasn't that great last year"
Originally posted by fister30:
What cracks me up is that New England literally, turns over their roster every year...no biggie. We lost key players from 2012 and now we've got "big holes to fill" and are slated to be last place in the NFC West. LMAO!

In other news I am still betting my peeps on FB that the niners will finish better than their teams. Their teams include raiders, rams, some seahawks and a few outliers like bengals, patriots and bears.

But inside, I am crying. I think next year is more of a quest for six wins than a quest for six titles.

Very true about Brady..although their key losses seem mostly on defense over the years...like this year (Browner, Revis, Wilfork, etc.). But nobody is talking about how Revis/Wilfork (possible HOF players) and Browner (critical player last year including on the INT) are big enough losses to consider a "retool" or "rebuild" or does it mean that they are going to finish dead last in their division (given they aren't in the NFC West).
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by nenerahero:
Originally posted by crabman82:
you dont gut the core of your team and not face a set back. even if talent level doesnt dip much or any, you have to take into account leadership and chemistry. look at the rag tag D we ended last year with, you're only an injury or two from seeing these guys as starters. its incredibly naive to think we wont miss a beat. i wont begrudge the overly homer angle on this, i wish i could feel the same way. i hope it works out, but you have to highly skeptical to expect them back next year in the mix again.

Agree. There are a lot of dynamics at play for us to "not miss a beat". Other teams are getting some pretty good updates too. Baltimore, Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Philly, Arizona, all of them are going to be stronger than before.

After these many changes, I get a feeling we have traded a working model to replace it with a random one. I just hope what'll come to pass won't make me bitter.

All those teams you listed have lost a lot of critical coaches AND starters and key depth. This is only day 2 of FA and I'm having a hard time finding a single rookie who could come in and start/upgrade over what we currently have in place.

This! As I step back and look honestly at the changes, outside of Willis and to a lesser extent Cox, I'm not that worried. Our core offensive and defenses fronts will actually be better than they were last year. Couple that with what could be a better starting WR core, a better Kaep and a healthy VD, I think we will be better than ok.
Originally posted by fister30:

Very true about Brady..although their key losses seem mostly on defense over the years...like this year (Browner, Revis, Wilfork, etc.). But nobody is talking about how Revis/Wilfork (possible HOF players) and Browner (critical player last year including on the INT) are big enough losses to consider a "retool" or "rebuild" or does it mean that they are going to finish dead last in their division (given they aren't in the NFC West).
you know Super Bowl winners are always insulated from any criticism, unless its the 2013 Ravens
Some of you need to get real. You don't lose coaches like Harbaugh and Fangio, replace them with Tomsula and Magnini and not take a step back. LOL.

This team just lost a ton of talent plus icons and leaders like Gore, Willis, and Justin Smith.

Iupati (best run blocker), one of (or both) Cox and Culliver out the door which weakens the OL and makes us extremely vulnerable at CB.

You can't assume where Bowman will be when he returns or if he will even be the same player again.

Same with Dockett, an aging (and declining) DL coming off a gruesome knee injury of his own.

Aldon is a blunt or incident away from getting kicked off the team and probably the league.

Reid is a couple of concussions away from having to seriously consider calling it career. It's very concerning and I hope he can find a solution to better protect himself.

Borland is solid but to say he's better than Willis is a gross over exaggeration at best and simply a delusional thought. If we're forced to assign Borland to cover the new Seahawk Jimmy Graham, you're going to be begging for Willis because I have two words for you: Burned Toast.

Several Niners players at key positions like Vernon and Boldin for example are aging and have seen their best days.

And then there's Kap who needs to significantly improve and prove that he is in fact a franchise QB. Because if he plays like he did last year, I can guarantee this team isn't going anywhere but the cellar. He is the key.

Does this team have the talent to be a competitive squad? Yes. The problem is that they're in a stacked division where every team in this division can claim the same. This ain't the AFC or the NFC South.

The Seahawks and now even the Cardinals can all claim that they have equal if not better talent. Rams with decent QB isn't far behind and they gave us hell even with third stringers.

Seattle just nuked the whole damn division by going out and getting Wilson a real weapon to throw the ball to. Arguably the best receiving TE in the entire league. They got better.

One of the Cardinals weaknesses was the interior OL. Iupati helps them there. They got better.

Rams might have just gotten the decent QB play that I was talking about. Foles is certainly more reliable than Bradford and better than the trash they had playing QB last year. They got better.

You have to be wearing rose colored shades and drinking some serious Kool Aid if you think this team got better this year. This team took significant steps back in this offseason and everyone realistically looking at the current outlook of this team knows it.

The Niners are much closer to rebuilding than competing for a Super Bowl or anything meaningful.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Some of you need to get real. You don't lose coaches like Harbaugh and Fangio, replace them with Tomsula and Magnini and not take a step back. LOL.

This team just lost a ton of talent plus icons and leaders like Gore, Willis, and Justin Smith.

Iupati (best run blocker), one of (or both) Cox and Culliver out the door which weakens the OL and makes us extremely vulnerable at CB.

You can't assume where Bowman will be when he returns or if he will even be the same player again.

Same with Dockett, an aging (and declining) DL coming off a gruesome knee injury of his own.

Aldon is a blunt or incident away from getting kicked off the team and probably the league.

Reid is a couple of concussions away from having to seriously consider calling it career. It's very concerning and I hope he can find a solution to better protect himself.

Borland is solid but to say he's better than Willis is a gross over exaggeration at best and simply a delusional thought. If we're forced to assign Borland to cover the new Seahawk Jimmy Graham, you're going to be begging for Willis because I have two words for you: Burned Toast.

Several Niners players at key positions like Vernon and Boldin for example are aging and have seen their best days.

And then there's Kap who needs to significantly improve and prove that he is in fact a franchise QB. Because if he plays like he did last year, I can guarantee this team isn't going anywhere but the cellar. He is the key.

Does this team have the talent to be a competitive squad? Yes. The problem is that they're in a stacked division where every team in this division can claim the same. This ain't the AFC or the NFC South.

The Seahawks and now even the Cardinals can all claim that they have equal if not better talent. Rams with decent QB isn't far behind and they gave us hell even with third stringers.

Seattle just nuked the whole damn division by going out and getting Wilson a real weapon to throw the ball to. Arguably the best receiving TE in the entire league. They got better.

One of the Cardinals weaknesses was the interior OL. Iupati helps them there. They got better.

Rams might have just gotten the decent QB play that I was talking about. Foles is certainly more reliable than Bradford and better than the trash they had playing QB last year. They got better.

You have to be wearing rose colored shades and drinking some serious Kool Aid if you think this team got better this year. This team took significant steps back in this offseason and everyone realistically looking at the current outlook of this team knows it.

The Niners are much closer to rebuilding than competing for a Super Bowl or anything meaningful.
it's funny but for all those reasons if you look whos taking over...is the reason why we will do better

Seahawks better with a TE that wants the ball all the time..when they dont throw all the time (look at Harvin last year)

Cardinal all of a sudden better because of a run blocking Guard when they needed pass protection, plus that team revolved around their blitz crazy DC..which is gone now

Rams Foles is bradford 2.0 who cant beat out Sanchez ..i repeat Sanchez to get back his Starting position who he lost it to Vick the year before

Edit: on JG..who covered him in week 10 when we didnt have PW and Bow ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 11, 2015 at 3:52 PM ]

Originally posted by Since07:
Stopped reading at "Justin Smith wasn't that great last year"

I know. Only pass rush we had at times and definitely best d-lineman
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's funny but for all those reasons if you look whos taking over...is the reason why we will do better

Seahawks better with a TE that wants the ball all the time..when they dont throw all the time (look at Harvin last year)

Cardinal all of a sudden better because of a run blocking Guard when they needed pass protection, plus that team revolved around their blitz crazy DC..which is gone now

Rams Foles is bradford 2.0 who cant beat out Sanchez ..i repeat Sanchez to get back his Starting position who he lost it to Vick the year before

Edit: on JG..who covered him in week 10 when we didnt have PW and Bow ?

You are right. The Seahawks lost their Pro Bowl center, their guard and ANOTHER first round pick. They got owned with a first and third round pick and salary with harvin, and look what happened when they TRIED to pass with a qb that isn't a good passer with harvin....their offense suffered. Now they will be a better offense on paper with graham, but we ALL would rather have Wilson throw to beat us then them force passes and targets to graham....so would the rest of the nfl and especially know the pats are great full Wilson tries to throw and the results are never that great for Wilson when it comes to throwing

The cards might lose cromartie and they don't have another good cb besides PP. the honey badger is solid as a nickel and safety but they need pass protection for Palmer and Iupati sucks in pass pro. Their running game will improve, but with Ellington??? Block all you want, their running backs suck so the addition of iupati is minimal. Also, dockett one of the best DL pass rushers in the league has been lost to us and they haven't replaced him with a similar player.

The rams......above average qb, no Wrs, average RB, average lbs, average Ol, average CBS and average safeties. Not worried at all.
Go ahead, opponents...watch 2014 tape on us. We could catch some teams off guard for a few weeks. Yes, we had better coaches last year. But if they don't utilize the players to their respective strengths, does that not factor in on the effectiveness of a coach? If this turnover makes a stud out of a player or 2 on the roster from last year, they should get their due from us.

Ellington and Patton probably the leading candidates as we have a clue as to what Hyde can do.
we will not miss a step

we will miss all of them on our flying leap into the basement of the NFC west

there is a 0% chance the 49ers win more than 4 games next year. you can take that to the bank and borrow off of it

f**king dumpster fire

if only there was a way to fire the owner for bad performance
0% folks....0.
Share 49ersWebzone