LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 91 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by ltrain:
We won't miss a step for sure.

Pretty accurate depiction of the "steps" the Niners have taken this offseason.

That's Baalke riding Tomsula with Jed cheering on the side waiting for a trophy.
the horse gets back up tho and so will we...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
The talent has gone down the last 2 years. Not that hard to understand really.

I see the loss of a Hall of Fame ILB and players like that are hard for any team to replace. I also see the transition to a younger faster running back, the addition of elite speed both at the receiving position and at running back, the influx of high draft picks on the line who seem better suited to ZBS, the emergence of some young defensive line and secondary players and a very strong young edge pass rusher to provide a bookend for the all-pro pass rusher on the other side.

To call this "the absolute decimation of our roster" is a huge exaggeration IMO.

Who have we lost? Goldson? Whitner? Brown? Rogers? Franklin? Goodwin? A physically broken Willis? Returning ACL-CB in Culliver? 28-year old Cox who was cut a couple times by us? J.Smith and his 60% snaps and bad back at 34 years old? 32 year old Gore and his lowest production last year?

Just a tad bit of an over-exaggeration here.

Hell in terms of real loss on-the-field, the biggest loss may have been Borland at 24 years old.
Decimated......
Originally posted by 49erfan4life4:

They both died....very sad.....
Originally posted by verb1der:

That's Baalke riding Tomsula with Jed cheering on the side waiting for a trophy.

Who have we lost? Goldson? Whitner? Brown? Rogers? Franklin? Goodwin? A physically broken Willis? Returning ACL-CB in Culliver? 28-year old Cox who was cut a couple times by us? J.Smith and his 60% snaps and bad back at 34 years old? 32 year old Gore and his lowest production last year?

Hell in terms of real loss on-the-field, the biggest loss may have been Borland at 24 years old.

You don't think running behind a line anchored by Jonathan Martin might have affected Gore?
I am hopeful that Hyde can do something but I think it is a lot to ask him to outperform Gore this year.
The defense will be helped by hopefully better luck with health (and suspensions) but the 0-line needs upgrading.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

You don't think running behind a line anchored by Jonathan Martin might have affected Gore?
I am hopeful that Hyde can do something but I think it is a lot to ask him to outperform Gore this year.
The defense will be helped by hopefully better luck with health (and suspensions) but the 0-line needs upgrading.

Oh no question. Give credit where credit is due. Gore is still a beast! But Hyde and this new rushing attack is going to be drastically different this year...meaning, Baalke will finally have his "3-headed monster" at RB with Hyde, Hunter and now Bush (run and pass). This also means we'll most likely return to the zone blocking scheme which happens to not only suit Hyde, Hunter and Bush (their experience) but also CK in the Read Option. We have running backs that can pound up inside the tackles AND off tackle (HUGE for us more than you know/realize). Finally, we're getting BACK to our identity and that is a heavy run focus and play action. Therefore, I just don't see any reason not to believe we won't a top rushing team again barring injury...heck, even if we do have an injury.

We now have some damn good coaches that should coach up and hold the personnel accountable and will have the balls to make changes as needed (this is more my hope).
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 24, 2015 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Hmmm, let me see. The new cornerbacks who took the place of our previous corners are now gone. Who knows if Brock will be back to full strength and Johnson is a huge question mark. our best safety is concussion central. Bowman's return to form is also a big question mark, and of course, Willis and Borland are history. We can't keep our nose tackles healthy. McDonald is gone. Carradine hasn't proven himself yet, and is no Justin Smith (in fact, Justin was finally starting to show his age last year), at least not from evidence thus far. Aldon was subpar last season when he returned. And finally, our D genius, Fangio is gone. And that's just the D! Still think it's an exagerration?

Not to mention an entirely new coaching Staff all the way down to position coaches. To not expect drop off after experiencing that kind of turn over is to be quite frankly delusional imo. Yes hopi g for the best but my expectations for this team next season couldn't be any lower.

The 49ers have endured major turnover at certain positions the past 4 years I understand that but some of the credit for that has to go to the previous staff as well. With an unproven staff installing new systems I'm just hoping we start to see cohesion toward the end of the season and signs of improvement from the young players. Reload situation my a$$.

But why does the elevation of Geep and Mangini and adding a vastly improved (IMHO), or at least equal, set of position coaches automatically translate to lowering your expectations? Do you remember when Harbaugh and staff first arrived? What happened? Arrow up instantly until...it was arrow down (couldn't adjust).

Mangini and Geep and Tomsula KNOW our personnel WAY better than Harbaugh and staff knew ours when he first arrived...the approach the current staff is taking to build their playbooks is a sound one and could, dare I say, equate to BETTER results not only this year, but each year thereafter.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Hmmm, let me see. The new cornerbacks who took the place of our previous corners are now gone. Who knows if Brock will be back to full strength and Johnson is a huge question mark. our best safety is concussion central. Bowman's return to form is also a big question mark, and of course, Willis and Borland are history. We can't keep our nose tackles healthy. McDonald is gone. Carradine hasn't proven himself yet, and is no Justin Smith (in fact, Justin was finally starting to show his age last year), at least not from evidence thus far. Aldon was subpar last season when he returned. And finally, our D genius, Fangio is gone. And that's just the D! Still think it's an exagerration?

Not to mention an entirely new coaching Staff all the way down to position coaches. To not expect drop off after experiencing that kind of turn over is to be quite frankly delusional imo. Yes hopi g for the best but my expectations for this team next season couldn't be any lower.

The 49ers have endured major turnover at certain positions the past 4 years I understand that but some of the credit for that has to go to the previous staff as well. With an unproven staff installing new systems I'm just hoping we start to see cohesion toward the end of the season and signs of improvement from the young players. Reload situation my a$$.

But why does the elevation of Geep and Mangini and adding a vastly improved (IMHO), or at least equal, set of position coaches automatically translate to lowering your expectations? Do you remember when Harbaugh and staff first arrived? What happened? Arrow up instantly until...it was arrow down (couldn't adjust).

Mangini and Geep and Tomsula KNOW our personnel WAY better than Harbaugh and staff knew ours when he first arrived...the approach the current staff is taking to build their playbooks is a sound one and could, dare I say, equate to BETTER results not only this year, but each year thereafter.

You're obviously more of a glass half full guy, and I must admit, you know football better than me. However, all the changes leave question marks that, no matter the wealth of knowledge, won't be answered until we actually play some games (not to mention, the draft). All this re-building (not re-loading, as Baalke claims) leaves me very nervous. You have to understand, I go back over 50 years with this team and have lived through some pretty abysmal regimes. I just can't believe that a team that's gone through as much as ours can rebound over the course of one off-season, without some serious growing pains. It's pretty much a general consensus that ours may have been the worst off-season of any NFL team in recent memory, if not all time. That's a big hump to clamber over! Having said all that, you make some very good points and are succeeding in making me a little less paranoid. LOL!
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by 49erfan4life4:

They both died....very sad.....

hahaha

Let's roll 49ers!
Originally posted by verb1der:

This made my day
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Oh no question. Give credit where credit is due. Gore is still a beast! But Hyde and this new rushing attack is going to be drastically different this year...meaning, Baalke will finally have his "3-headed monster" at RB with Hyde, Hunter and now Bush (run and pass). This also means we'll most likely return to the zone blocking scheme which happens to not only suit Hyde, Hunter and Bush (their experience) but also CK in the Read Option. We have running backs that can pound up inside the tackles AND off tackle (HUGE for us more than you know/realize). Finally, we're getting BACK to our identity and that is a heavy run focus and play action. Therefore, I just don't see any reason not to believe we won't a top rushing team again barring injury...heck, even if we do have an injury.

We now have some damn good coaches that should coach up and hold the personnel accountable and will have the balls to make changes as needed (this is more my hope).

I agree and think Hyde, Hunter, and Bush will prove to be better than Gore was last year, not only in rushing but also in the recieving/screen game. The only thing we will miss about gore on the field is his blitz pickup. By far he was the best RB at picking up the blitz and standing up linebackers and dline man. That was one of the main reasons why Gore didn't come off the field much, with our terrible o-line play last year we needed Gore to help pass block and not get Kap killed. To be honest though Hyde showed he is willing to put his head down and take on the blitzer, so hopefully that continues to evolve as a part of his game. Hunter if I remember correctly wasn't bad at blitz pick up as well.

Horse is dead, Chick in a coma...
Our issue this season will be if our darft players from the last few years can play hard football. One thing i believe in is J. Smith and F. Gore heart, they play everydown like its the superbowl... lets see if we have youngplayers like that
[ Edited by Constantine on Mar 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone