There are 115 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Bruce Miller is gone too.

Damn, there goes our deep sideline go-routes. LOL

No seriously, he's a terrific FB so this just sucks!

At least we'll get some cap savings ?

...and we got younger!!!
Originally posted by 9erz4Life:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Wow...listened to talk radio and every single damn national sports radio station was lambasting the 49ers. I tried to switch stations from ESPN to Mad Dog radio but the onslaught was ferocious. Lots of "this team is a shell of its former self", "Iupati choosing to play for a division rival", "York doesn't have a clue", "fans are completely irate with the FO", "good luck to first year coach Tomsula, he's going to need loads of it with most of their great players gone, "I can't believe this team was in the Super Bowl mere years ago", and "how did they go from up here to all the way down here". I kid you not, this was all stated within a 10 minute drive on 3 different stations. We are officially a complete joke and anyone who says that everything is great and we're totally fine is on crack esp. if Vernon Davis's comment that more is yet to come is true.

Good hopefully he's talking about the fact he will be cut. Go draw a picture of yourself tanking it.

Not sure what is up with Vern, it seemed like he was talking about Willis but when the tweet came Willis was already announced.
Its not about replacing, we could have kept these guys, and been that much better with the additions we are adding this year..

Imagine Justin Smith with Dockett on each side of the D-Line? Imagine Aldon/Bowman/Willis behind them? Borland would plug in when needed..

Losing Gore/Willis/JustinSmith? U cant justify losing 3 49er hall of famers, let alone perhaps all 3 could be NFL hall of fame one day, and sell anyone on the smoke..

I dont know why they are all of a sudden leaving, but who knows..

And u say better? we finished 8-8 last year.. I ****ing hope we finish better this year even with losing these veterans.
We won't miss a step, but we will miss the playoffs

Color me pessimistic
This whole Borland is the next coming of Willis or Zach Thomas is crazy, I love the guy to death but he had only finished a season healthy one time college an pros. It's ine of the reasons teams had their doubts in the first place.
I will ride until die with my 49ers. I don't care about the haters. I may not agree with all the moves but I don't have first hand knowledge of anything either. They say they may be interested in Hardy well who the hell knows. I cheer for a uniform in today's sports and when they get a win I feel good. Joined the bandwagon in 1978 and they sucked but I believed in my team and will do so again this year and they have a hell of a lot more talent now than then. What's the point of degrading your team or the people that have kept them here?? I don't agree with everything they do but I will be out there in September and at the draft party before that and still on the bandwagon wether we are 16-0 or 0-16. What I won't do is continue to post how bad we are going to suck we have to much talent still to suck. I guess we will lose a lot of fans this offseason. Oh well.
Man, you are my favorite poster!! I get so sick of people complaining. I don't get all you niner fans. you are the same fans I love making fun of. When things are good your in!! When things get rough it's the managements fault.. How could we let gore leave how could we let harbaugh go, how can we let iupati walk, Willis is retiring because of York and Trent lol.. I've seen it all. So why not stay positive and enjoy your team?? If not don't be a niner fan watch someone else! Will complaining bring harbaugh back get York fired or make Trent leave? Trent is trying and we should respect that. Look at what's going down we took Hyde last year and most of you said what?? So we got a number one rb on the draft and now Trent is smart. We took Borland in the third round. What?? Now Willis retires we have 7.5 million dollars in cap space and this rookie that had 127 tackles and rookie of the year votes now is making less than a million dollars :) we get Darnell dockett for 2 million promised and we save 4.5 million of smith leaves. How could we let Crabtree and Stevie leave?? We are front runners for Torrey smith who is twice as good as either receiver and we save 6 million on Stevie. So a capped strapped niners now just have nearly 17 million in cap space, and a defense that was top five last year playing just backups on defense. Look to leaders kap bowman staley Reid boldin Davis bathea. And add people this is not a weak roster. The players LOVE the coach. If all you can do is complain don't watch ha. You won't be missed
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Dockett is 33 years old coming off an ACL injury. I'm going to stop short of saying he can replace Smith there's some big ifs there.

It's really going to come down to Bowman's health. Borland and Wilhote held up last year but I wouldn't bank on an encore performance. New D coordinator and they over played but as surrounding talent dips so will they.

As much as I love Gore I think we'll be better on offense though with his absence. Personally I think you're better off with a stable of different style backs who you can matchup against your opponent.

Crabtree and Torrey Smith are both above average receivers but Smith will be a better fit here because he compliments Boldin, Johnson, and Davis more. No more having the TE as the deep threat.

I love Hyde as starter, but I worry about the backup, not sold on Hunter being back 100%, 2 serious injures last 2 years is bad.

Dockett is coming off an ACL injury, I expect good but not great from him. Hopefully he is recovered soon.

I love Smith signing. Crabs was so overrated.

Losing Willis and JSmith hurts big time. Not sure if Bow will be 100%, ACL and MCL injury.
As an ex-athlete and a man with a wife who deals with sports injuries for a living I have to say your concern about the injuries are a bit extreme. Hunter may not be the same... I agree on that. But guys come back from acls and mcls all the time. Most of the time better because the surgery can make their knee better than before most of the time. Even more so when you spend the majority of a year building up that one part of your body. If Bow comes back I promise he will be better than before.
I get people are upset coz the s**t is hitting the fan but it's not like the FO have made this all happen.

Gore signing for more dollars. Good for him. The last thing you do in this league is overpay for aging RB's.
Smith had already considered retiring the past couple of years. He was always unlikely to make it back this year - he still may though as well.
Willis retiring is out of the blue. The report's on NFL.com were that he's tried to return to training and he's not happy with where he's at.
Iupati chasing more dollars. Whatever, he's a huge liability in pass coverage as is. Palmer will be dead early in the season.
Crab, Brooks - whatever. Couldn't perform at a high level last year anyway.

Only guys I hope we can retain are Cully and/or Cox. But both are certainly replaceable. Hopefully Bow is ready to go but if he's not you have to move on. It's tough but that's football.

I just think that York and Baalke are coping a lot of flak for things that are generally out of their control.
the whole staircase is gone.

when i went to work we were superbowl contenders/dark horse. come home and we lost willis, smith and gore is pretty much out. three probowl/all pro players in one day. This is officially Black Monday
The fans that are complaining are the same fans that we see all year long during games saying, man frank has lost a step he's not the same. We need a new qb. Man Willis is always hurt, harbaugh has lost this team. So the people that complain will always complain. Also remember the daily fire roman posts. Ha
[ Edited by Hoganrick1 on Mar 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoganrick1:
The fans that are complaining are the same fans that we see all year long during games saying, man frank has lost a step he's not the same. We need a new qb. Man Willis is always hurt, harbaugh has lost this team. So the people that complain will always complain.

we just lost 3 fan favorites, im sure everyone is complaining besides the blind optimists/make everyone else look fairweather type fans
do we atleast get comp picks for retiring players or did we f**k that up by signing docket and when we get smith? should still get one for crabs and iupati. most likely high ones. we lost a lot of talent. a lot...
Don't get me wrong, we've set ourselves up nicely for the future with our young replacements. It's almost like we've started our rebuilding process years ago with our veteran core players still on the team. With that said, we've lost great coaching as well as leadership, and that's something you can't replace overnight. I think it'll take a couple of years before we're relevant in the playoffs again; hopefully two.
Share 49ersWebzone