LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 127 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Hoganrick1:
The fans that are complaining are the same fans that we see all year long during games saying, man frank has lost a step he's not the same. We need a new qb. Man Willis is always hurt, harbaugh has lost this team. So the people that complain will always complain.

we just lost 3 fan favorites, im sure everyone is complaining besides the blind optimists/make everyone else look fairweather type fans
Oh course we did but let's complain about it? Why not look at the future Torrey smith, borlands growth, hyde is a beast! Sorry for being a "blind optimists" maybe the niners should be more like you? I sure hope not. Lol I hope they aren't all setting there saying man we lost 3 hofers we are screwed let's not play! The team is full of warriors. For all of our sakes I hope they aren't "pessimists" and bring it every week and new leaders rise!! If not I guess I can be like you and say fire York lol. He owns a franchise and justike jerry jones you can hate him all you want he's not going anywhere

• REB4
Originally posted by THEB:
Baalke has been preparing for this day to come. We already have or are set to acquire all the replacements for the guys we lost, and some of them are better than who we lost.

Frank Gore - He will be replaced with a tandem of Hyde and Hunter (if hunter can recover from the injury) I firmly believe that even if we just had Hyde, it will be a slight improvement in speed and stamina. We will lose a team leader, but whos to say Carlos cant step into that role until he has the chance to?

Justin Smith - He wasnt great by any means last year, and we have Dockett coming in to help solidify the d line.

Patrick Willis - I can confidently say that Borland is better than Pat right now. Pat was obviously better in his prime, but right now is what counts, and what Borland did last year was spectacular.

Michael Crabtree - Bringing in Torrey Smith will be a HUGE upgrade over Crabtree, who most of us are ready to let go of.

Jim Harbaugh and Staff - Jim & staff are seriously the only loss that im not confident we have replaced with equal or better talent, but i have to hold judgement until i see Tomsulas staff perform.

Originally posted by THEB:
Baalke has been preparing for this day to come. We already have or are set to acquire all the replacements for the guys we lost, and some of them are better than who we lost.

Frank Gore - He will be replaced with a tandem of Hyde and Hunter (if hunter can recover from the injury) I firmly believe that even if we just had Hyde, it will be a slight improvement in speed and stamina. We will lose a team leader, but whos to say Carlos cant step into that role until he has the chance to?

Justin Smith - He wasnt great by any means last year, and we have Dockett coming in to help solidify the d line.

Patrick Willis - I can confidently say that Borland is better than Pat right now. Pat was obviously better in his prime, but right now is what counts, and what Borland did last year was spectacular.

Michael Crabtree - Bringing in Torrey Smith will be a HUGE upgrade over Crabtree, who most of us are ready to let go of.

Jim Harbaugh and Staff - Jim & staff are seriously the only loss that im not confident we have replaced with equal or better talent, but i have to hold judgement until i see Tomsulas staff perform.

You mean Patrick with the boot still on & the stitches not being removed? Because even then, Borland STILL couldn't carry P.Willis' jockstrap.
[ Edited by REB4 on Mar 9, 2015 at 7:23 PM ]
The fans that are complaining are the same fans that we see all year long during games saying, man frank has lost a step he's not the same. We need a new qb. Man Willis is always hurt, harbaugh has lost this team. So the people that complain will always complain.

we just lost 3 fan favorites, im sure everyone is complaining besides the blind optimists/make everyone else look fairweather type fans
Oh course we did but let's complain about it? Why not look at the future Torrey smith, borlands growth, hyde is a beast! Sorry for being a "blind optimists" maybe the niners should be more like you? I sure hope not. Lol I hope they aren't all setting there saying man we lost 3 hofers we are screwed let's not play! The team is full of warriors. For all of our sakes I hope they aren't "pessimists" and bring it every week and new leaders rise!! If not I guess I can be like you and say fire York lol. He owns a franchise and justike jerry jones you can hate him all you want he's not going anywhere

its an internet forum dude, dont get butt hurt so easy lol. i never said fire york, thats not even possible. am i upset that we lost willis, smith and gore? ofcourse I am. just because im not all grass is always greener about it right now doesnt mean I lost all faith in the team. but the leadership that we lost with these three guys is off the charts. that is not going to be replaced by signing an outsider or drafting a rookie.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
the whole staircase is gone.

Do we still have a pole to slide down?
I just can't muster the love today. I can only laugh, how in the Holy Hell did we go from 2012 to this? They were back in the Super Bowl, yards away from a great comeback win. 3 straight NFCC games, essentially a genuine contender when healthy. I am starting to question what is happening in the FO. Harbs, Fangio, Gore, Willis and the potential for others?

The way I see it, either there is a huge signing coming, maybe 2 or 3, but if there isn't the Niners are just handing the division to the Hags and maybe even the Cards. They can't compete against those teams with that roster as it looks like it is going to be.
its an internet forum dude, dont get butt hurt so easy lol. i never said fire york, thats not even possible. am i upset that we lost willis, smith and gore? ofcourse I am. just because im not all grass is always greener about it right now doesnt mean I lost all faith in the team. but the leadership that we lost with these three guys is off the charts. that is not going to be replaced by signing an outsider or drafting a rookie.

I totally understand what you're saying but I have been thinking about this all day ha. It's a team and its overall talent. We had pretty much our worse years with frank gore and Willis and Justin smith. We kept growing and became a contender! Was it gore and Willis?? No way! They were part of our 3 win seasons ha
Another thing you have to consider is we played the entire season without Bowman, who is as good as Willis at this point, and our D was still very good despite injuries at other positions. It definitely sucks, but shouldn't be the deathblow to this d.
This is a team! If gore and Willis is all we need why where we the laughing stock of the nfl for so many years? Admit it or not Trent has built a roster! And that's not harbaugh and sadly harbaugh is gone for this, he had no say it was Trent that drafted and brought in players for Jim to coach. I trust Trent I honestly do. Hyde, Aldon smith, Borland and honestly be honest who thought lynch would be such a beast!!! He ran Brooke's out of town!

I totally understand what you're saying but I have been thinking about this all day ha. It's a team and its overall talent. We had pretty much our worse years with frank gore and Willis and Justin smith. We kept growing and became a contender! Was it gore and Willis?? No way! They were part of our 3 win seasons ha
without gore and willis those horrible years we wouldnt have even won the games we won. especially gore. and we never had a 3 win season, a 2 winner alex smiths first year was the worst i remember.

Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Another thing you have to consider is we played the entire season without Bowman, who is as good as Willis at this point, and our D was still very good despite injuries at other positions. It definitely sucks, but shouldn't be the deathblow to this d.
Exactly!!! We were a top five defense last year with backups!! How many of you guys think of Goldson in Tampa bay and how good did the raiders secondary do last year taking our two starting corners 😂😂

without gore and willis those horrible years we wouldnt have even won the games we won. especially gore. and we never had a 3 win season, a 2 winner alex smiths first year was the worst i remember.
Ha ok you're right let's give gore 8 million a year
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Exactly!!! We were a top five defense last year with backups!! How many of you guys think of Goldson in Tampa bay and how good did the raiders secondary do last year taking our two starting corners 😂😂

Fangio is gone though and our starting corners were good in our scheme because donatell and fangio were geniuses. hopefully mangini can even be close to as good as fangio and ill be ecstatic but we'll see
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Bring in Revis and Murray along with Torrey Smith. Load up in the draft with DGB and all defense.
We still have a s**t load of good and great players.

Staley
A Davis
Boone and Kilgore are good when healthy which they are
VD when healthy equals many many tds
Hyde is good
Boldin and t smith kick ass
Kap is good especially when he has a little time to throw and is able to run

Dockett is crazy pass rushing
Dorsey and Ian Williams graded out as top NTS
Tank is a good pass rusher 3 sacks in the last 3 games
Borland is very very good, easily DROY if played all 16, hell even 10-12
Bowman is disgustingly good even at less than 100%
Aldon smith is arguably the best pass rusher in the league
Bathea is a top 5 safety. I believe he graded out better than chancellor
Reid is very good, pro bowl alternate with bathea
Brock is solid
Lynch or brooks are both very good

I think most any team would love to have this roster. Even Seattle IMO doesn't have as many good players.

So we lost cowboy gore and Willis. Well good thing Borland is about a pro bowler and Hyde should be a little more productive than gore at his age and dockett is one of the best pass rushers on the DL in the league. We are better against the pass on defense with that pass rush and if we resign either cox or cully we are in great shape.
Share 49ersWebzone