LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 108 users in the forums

We wont miss a step, and here's why...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hoganrick1:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
its an internet forum dude, dont get butt hurt so easy lol. i never said fire york, thats not even possible. am i upset that we lost willis, smith and gore? ofcourse I am. just because im not all grass is always greener about it right now doesnt mean I lost all faith in the team. but the leadership that we lost with these three guys is off the charts. that is not going to be replaced by signing an outsider or drafting a rookie.

I totally understand what you're saying but I have been thinking about this all day ha. It's a team and its overall talent. We had pretty much our worse years with frank gore and Willis and Justin smith. We kept growing and became a contender! Was it gore and Willis?? No way! They were part of our 3 win seasons ha
without gore and willis those horrible years we wouldnt have even won the games we won. especially gore. and we never had a 3 win season, a 2 winner alex smiths first year was the worst i remember.
Ha ok you're right let's give gore 8 million a year
My point was is that two or three players don't make a team. But I can't convince you be negative and think the worst!
Fangio had bad years as a DC when he had bad personnel. He had great years here. I think Fangio is a very very good DC but I think we have a lot of good players. Especially if Aldon can play a full season this year.
its an internet forum dude, dont get butt hurt so easy lol. i never said fire york, thats not even possible. am i upset that we lost willis, smith and gore? ofcourse I am. just because im not all grass is always greener about it right now doesnt mean I lost all faith in the team. but the leadership that we lost with these three guys is off the charts. that is not going to be replaced by signing an outsider or drafting a rookie.

I totally understand what you're saying but I have been thinking about this all day ha. It's a team and its overall talent. We had pretty much our worse years with frank gore and Willis and Justin smith. We kept growing and became a contender! Was it gore and Willis?? No way! They were part of our 3 win seasons ha
without gore and willis those horrible years we wouldnt have even won the games we won. especially gore. and we never had a 3 win season, a 2 winner alex smiths first year was the worst i remember.
Ha ok you're right let's give gore 8 million a year
My point was is that two or three players don't make a team. But I can't convince you be negative and think the worst!
you keep putting words in my mouth, find me where i said to pay gore 8 mill and ill give you 8 mill. you take others opinions as personal attacks and get all defensive, chill the f**k out
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
We still have a s**t load of good and great players.

Staley
A Davis
Boone and Kilgore are good when healthy which they are
VD when healthy equals many many tds
Hyde is good
Boldin and t smith kick ass
Kap is good especially when he has a little time to throw and is able to run

Dockett is crazy pass rushing
Dorsey and Ian Williams graded out as top NTS
Tank is a good pass rusher 3 sacks in the last 3 games
Borland is very very good, easily DROY if played all 16, hell even 10-12
Bowman is disgustingly good even at less than 100%
Aldon smith is arguably the best pass rusher in the league
Bathea is a top 5 safety. I believe he graded out better than chancellor
Reid is very good, pro bowl alternate with bathea
Brock is solid
Lynch or brooks are both very good

I think most any team would love to have this roster. Even Seattle IMO doesn't have as many good players.

So we lost cowboy gore and Willis. Well good thing Borland is about a pro bowler and Hyde should be a little more productive than gore at his age and dockett is one of the best pass rushers on the DL in the league. We are better against the pass on defense with that pass rush and if we resign either cox or cully we are in great shape.

Ray McDonald
Justin Smith
Frank Gore
Mike Iupati
Patrick Willis
Chris Culliver
Perrish Cox
Michael Crabtree
Dan Skuta
Stevie Johnson

and possibly Vernon Davis and now Bruce Miller. One more strike and Aldon is gone.

How many players can we lose? Not just any players but veteran leaders.

Sorry to break it to ya but things are not all rosy with the San Quentin 49ers.
Thank you positive fans!! I can't even look at this board on Sundays, most fans wanna fire the coach, gore,kap, anyone that drops a pass, Willis for hurting his toe, bowman for not recovering fast enough, boldin for being slow, iupat for missing pass blocks, Vernon for hurting his back. And on and on and on. great teams lose great players and win!!! Look at the pats!! My wife is from Seattle I go to every Seahawks niner game. And they alway talk about the Hawks so I loved to see them lose!! Let's look at what the current super bowl champs are dealing with. Released Vince wilfork. Today they refused Revis bonus. So he is a free agent. They agreed to release browner. So they lost there all pro nose tackle hall of famer corner in Revis and Brandon browner! So basically the run stopper and secondary! Great teams lose great players and move on!
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Ray McDonald
Justin Smith
Frank Gore
Mike Iupati
Patrick Willis
Chris Culliver
Perrish Cox
Michael Crabtree
Dan Skuta
Stevie Johnson

and possibly Vernon Davis and now Bruce Miller. One more strike and Aldon is gone.

How many players can we lose? Not just any players but veteran leaders.

Sorry to break it to ya but things are not all rosy with the San Quentin 49ers.

Eric Reid's 1 hit away from retirement too.

Oh, and there's that report about Bowman....
Thank you positive fans!! I can't even look at this board on Sundays, most fans wanna fire the coach, gore,kap, anyone that drops a pass, Willis for hurting his toe, bowman for not recovering fast enough, boldin for being slow, iupat for missing pass blocks, Vernon for hurting his back. And on and on and on. great teams lose great players and win!!! Look at the pats!! My wife is from Seattle I go to every Seahawks niner game. And they alway talk about the Hawks so I loved to see them lose!! Let's look at what the current super bowl champs are dealing with. Released Vince wilfork. Today they refused Revis bonus. So he is a free agent. They agreed to release browner. So they lost there all pro nose tackle hall of famer corner in Revis and Brandon browner! So basically the run stopper and secondary! Great teams lose great players and move on!

But our fanbase ye of the five time champs just sits around and whines about it
  • pd24
  • Veteran

The key word was Superbowl champions. We fell short and not the heart and soul of the team are gone.
I havn't felt this shhitty about a 49ers day since sometime in 2010. I cannot believe all this drama and nonsense. I wish I wake up tomorrow and today was just a bad dream wow.

This team is headed straight down like the Titanic sinking. It's all down now to the bottom. On the plus side eventually you should get enough good draft picks to build it back up again......
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Lil Jed got his new stadium. That's what he cared about. Now nothing matters to him. Wins, losses, whatever. He knows no matter what he does, what ever decisions he makes people will still come. They will still pay high prices and come to games. No matter how unhappy we fans are. No matter how terrible the team looks. Jed still got what he wanted.
People talk so much crap about Jerry Jones. I'm not a fan myself of his. But I can atleast say he tries to win. No matter how dumb he looks at times or how terrible of a GM he is but in his own Looney way he at least trys.

Stopped at, 'Jed.'

Well, you know, it is Jed's fault that Miller hit his girl, Justin is 35 and considering retirement and Willis doesn't feel like he can return as the elite player he once was. Who knows... it's probably Jed's fault that I have tummy ache, too

Hell even the CK trade rumors were reported on NFLN as ANOTHER team contacting Baalke (like Cleveland about Harbaugh) to inquire about interest of a trade. He said Baalke shut it down instantly but that someone STILL leaked it out for a story. I think there may be a someone inside leaking crap now...phone tapped...paying off sources to generate stories like this for hits, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if GM's are paid JUST to call another GM to ask so a story could be generated these days.

Maybe stories are also snatched out of thin air... it's not like anyone can get in any real trouble for he say/she say crap.
I think we would all feel a lot better about this if there was a 6th Lombardi in the 49ers possession. Pats fans probably not feeling too bad.
Patrick was my favorite player and Cowboy wasn't far behind. Let's get real, how many guys play until 35 years old, not many. Sure I'd love to see Patrick play 5 more years but it seems he's going in a different direction. Is it a coincidence he's injured every year? Or does he play the game at such an intense level that injuries are part of the resume. They are two guys that left it all on the field and there are no regrets.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
There officially isn't any left over guys from the older regimes. Gore, crabs, Justin, and Willis were those guys.
Share 49ersWebzone