There are 209 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by littleken:
I don't think it was unreasonable to think that the starting 5 was going to be fine, and that OL depth issue is epidemic in the NFL. For example, NFL analyst Greg Cossell said before the season the OL was not the strength of this team but not a weakness either.

Either way, I am sure we are both happy with the result so far.

Oh I full heartedly agree with that. In fact, I thought it could be a pretty good unit if Richburg got back to form but he missed all off season and with JG's ACL and McKinnon out again and after just giving up 125 QB hits, I was certainly concerned as this was by far, our biggest weakness.

But yeah with the new philosophy and the depth that's developed, all kudos here. We're actually at a place now where we'll be at the back end of the draft and that's where quality teams continue to stack up on OL.

Cheers.
Way to go kid.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

OL...follow the wins. Man Rams and Bears.

PS: Was just about to post this.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Way to go kid.

Skule and Brunskill gaining this experience is huge for our future.
Now Shanahan says Staley is likely going to come back on MNF against Seattle.

It was "possible he could play against Carolina", then "were going to wait for AZ", now "More likely it'll be Seattle". And theres been no setbacks. I hate when teams give false hope about return dates.
PFF is WACK.

That said, the young guys have been dang impressive. I've been high on Brunskill since the preseason. He generates a ton of movement in the run game and has shown that he can be effective at guard as well.
Originally posted by Niners99:

It was "possible he could play against Carolina", then "were going to wait for AZ", now "More likely it'll be Seattle". And theres been no setbacks. I hate when teams give false hope about return dates.

Maybe to because Skule has played well enough they can be extra patient with Staley as they are going to need him for the stretch run...
Brunskill has really impressed me. He's a perfect fit in KS offensive scheme. Versatile, very athletic. He kind of reminds me of Derrick Deese in a lot of ways.
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Oct 29, 2019 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

The anticipation is tough but...

I'm not worried as long as he doesn't rush it and comes back healthy for the remainder of the season.

With Skule and Brunskill we may be looking at 2 future Guards.

These guys could step in and play both positions.

We have DL, RB, and now some OL depth!

That's SUPER-IMPRESSIVE in just 3 years!!
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
PFF is WACK.

That said, the young guys have been dang impressive. I've been high on Brunskill since the preseason. He generates a ton of movement in the run game and has shown that he can be effective at guard as well.
Why do you say that?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Why? There developing quite well at Tackle.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Way to go kid.

Skule and Brunskill gaining this experience is huge for our future.

Understatement!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Depends entirely on how the draft unfolds. I could see Skule as the heir apparent at LT and Brunskill competing with Person for RG next year. UDFA or late round development guy for depth. That may be a stretch for Skule but Brunskill is going to be playing somewhere next year.
Share 49ersWebzone