There are 216 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
With Skule and Brunskill we may be looking at 2 future Guards.

These guys could step in and play both positions.

We have DL, RB, and now some OL depth!

That's SUPER-IMPRESSIVE in just 3 years!!

Depends entirely on how the draft unfolds. I could see Skule as the heir apparent at LT and Brunskill competing with Person for RG next year. UDFA or late round development guy for depth. That may be a stretch for Skule but Brunskill is going to be playing somewhere next year.
I agree with your first sentence. Ideally you draft a rookie to develop behind Person and keep Brunskill at Tackle.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Depends entirely on how the draft unfolds. I could see Skule as the heir apparent at LT and Brunskill competing with Person for RG next year. UDFA or late round development guy for depth. That may be a stretch for Skule but Brunskill is going to be playing somewhere next year.
I agree with your first sentence. Ideally you draft a rookie to develop behind Person and keep Brunskill at Tackle.

Brunskill is the joker. He can play anywhere across the line, including center. Just plug him in wherever you need him depending on the draft.
Originally posted by GoldBrick:
PFF is WACK.

That said, the young guys have been dang impressive. I've been high on Brunskill since the preseason. He generates a ton of movement in the run game and has shown that he can be effective at guard as well.

What are you basing that on?
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 29, 2019 at 6:59 PM ]
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Now Shanahan says Staley is likely going to come back on MNF against Seattle.

It was "possible he could play against Carolina", then "were going to wait for AZ", now "More likely it'll be Seattle". And theres been no setbacks. I hate when teams give false hope about return dates.

Maybe to because Skule has played well enough they can be extra patient with Staley as they are going to need him for the stretch run...

Skule actually has seemed pretty rough the last couple games. Brunskill has been great, but Skule is starting to look vulnerable. Still a nice job for a 6th round rookie, but Staley needs to get back.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Brunskill is the joker. He can play anywhere across the line, including center. Just plug him in wherever you need him depending on the draft.

Both guys have been doing a great job in stepping in for other guys
Should we expect Staley and McGlinchey to both return for MNF?
PFF is WACK.

That said, the young guys have been dang impressive. I've been high on Brunskill since the preseason. He generates a ton of movement in the run game and has shown that he can be effective at guard as well.

It's based on a system that analyzes every football website and NFL article to deliver grades, stats, and rankings for the internet. He goes beyond traditional stats with metrics and dozens of other performance stats.

Just messing around GoldBrick. Actually I think a lot of people feel your frustration. But PFF seems to be the best (although still imperfect) option we have.
injuries allowed both to showcase their skills well. def need to sign and keep both of them. never underestimate the importance of a solid line.

This kid will probably end up replacing Person one day.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

I'm gonna say what we're all thinking.

Brunskill & Skule >>> Staley & McG

Beautiful.
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
PFF is WACK.

It's based on a system that analyzes every football website and NFL article to deliver grades, stats, and rankings for the internet. He goes beyond traditional stats with metrics and dozens of other performance stats.

Just messing around GoldBrick. Actually I think a lot of people feel your frustration. But PFF seems to be the best (although still imperfect) option we have.

PFF has two levels. Edge gives basic player grades in two or three categories, depending on the position. It is a very good tool for general ratings and rankings. If you want to spend the money for their Elite/Premium product, you get some very advanced, very cool stuff. Virtually every serious football writer uses their stuff.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I'm gonna say what we're all thinking.

Brunskill & Skule >>> Staley & McG

What's really pretty cool is the there were a number of 'zoners who sniffed out these two guys back in the preseason. Tim Ryan set me onto Brunskill during the second PS game when he noted that Brunskill was improving every day in practic and would make the roster for sure. I was surprised but when I snooped around and found out he was a Staley clone, former TE who grew up, I was hooked. Then we found out Skule was also a former TE.

Kyle knows what he likes and where to find them.
I think they deserve credit, since everyone on here was freaking out during training camp/preseason...
What's really pretty cool is the there were a number of 'zoners who sniffed out these two guys back in the preseason. Tim Ryan set me onto Brunskill during the second PS game when he noted that Brunskill was improving every day in practic and would make the roster for sure. I was surprised but when I snooped around and found out he was a Staley clone, former TE who grew up, I was hooked. Then we found out Skule was also a former TE.

Kyle knows what he likes and where to find them.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think they deserve credit, since everyone on here was freaking out during training camp/preseason...

Yep and credit to Lynch as well
Share 49ersWebzone