LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 208 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't believe they are playing this good with this many key injuries. The Tackles are decimated. Yet they are still pretty functional and winning. It's outstanding coaching and quality depth too.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Even winning has changed Cohn.

180 degrees. He's been on Kyle and Saleh's train all off season to now.

Richburg climbing up to the top.

It still makes 0 sense why the Chiefs didn't keep Hudson. And then to let him go to a division rival on top of that.

Cap issues. John Dorsey didn't have Parage to bail him out of his spending pit.

letting him walk and trading Ford will haunt him.
Sounds like Brunskill will just stay at RT until MM is ready to and why not?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Brunskill is doing a heck of a job - he really is.

More and more over the past two games, he has been left on his own in PP and done a great job. No hurries, no hits, nothing. Right now I see no reason to rush McGlinchey back into the spot. Make sure he is fully healed before he goes back in.

Truth is, though the scheme has been involved, Brunskill has played better than Mc did in the games in which each has played.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 2, 2019 at 10:28 AM ]
Justin Skule has impressive feet. His kickslide is soooo smooth. He's what scouts refer to as a "dancing bear." Also, I RARELY see him lunging or waist bending, which is so impressive for a dude drafted in the sixth. He's very patient with his punch and often keeps his weight back. I'm starting to believe this dude could develop into Staley's replacement.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This offensive line coach is another Mckittrick, working magic with these guys.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Justin Skule has impressive feet. His kickslide is soooo smooth. He's what scouts refer to as a "dancing bear." Also, I RARELY see him lunging or waist bending, which is so impressive for a dude drafted in the sixth. He's very patient with his punch and often keeps his weight back. I'm starting to believe this dude could develop into Staley's replacement.

Good find. Good stuff.

I mentioned Brunskill above but he also does some good stuff in the same film. AZ has a game going on inside and DB picks it up and stones the DT trying to come outside at the same time the DE gets caught up in traffic. Neither has any impact on the play.
"He doesn't overextend"

Exactly what I mentioned above about being patient and not waist bending. Skule has won me over. I think he's here to stay for a long time.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Brunskill is doing a heck of a job - he really is.

Best player out of the AAF

Skule and Brunskill earned their spots for at least the next season or more. With Coleman coming back from injury, the promising plays of Skule and Brunskill, and the whole starting lineup coming back. OL will not be our weakest position, that should leave us with only one or two spots opened for competition. A Great problem to have.
Cant underestimate how much going against our Dline all off training camp and OTAs has helped Brunskill and Skule this season.
Originally posted by dj43:

More and more over the past two games, he has been left on his own in PP and done a great job. No hurries, no hits, nothing. Right now I see no reason to rush McGlinchey back into the spot. Make sure he is fully healed before he goes back in.

Truth is, though the scheme has been involved, Brunskill has played better than Mc did in the games in which each has played.

Agree 100%. When Coleman comes back next season, with him and Skule backing up the Tackles, I'd seriously consider Brunskill at RG taking over for Person. MM and Brunskill would be formidable imo
Originally posted by Heroism:

Yeah his technique is suprising good and feet even more impressive, but like you mentioned the weight room will be key for him. He gets absolutely manhandled at times by the opposition just completely overwhelming him with power and strength. For a 6th round rookie OT, with strength being the biggest "fix", that's a freaking steal
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Skule and Brunskill earned their spots for at least the next season or more. With Coleman coming back from injury, the promising plays of Skule and Brunskill, and the whole starting lineup coming back. OL will not be our weakest position, that should leave us with only one or two spots opened for competition. A Great problem to have.

I remember the beginning of the season when some posters said that O-line was the weakest position
Share 49ersWebzone