There are 90 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looks like Mike Person got hurt on that Motsert TD...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Once Skule got yanked the Packers pass rush became a lot less ferocious. The Smiths have been wrecking OL's all over the league so its not like they were going up against scrubs.

This will definitely calm down some of the "Skule is the LT of the future" talk. He very well could be but it is way too early to say so definitively.

True, but Phoenix, dear lord, something has to be done with Tomlinson. I mean seriously. The sack that looks like Brunskill allowed, was actually Tomlinson's fault. Tomlinson gives up pressure so quickly in the B gap - it's like DL knows this and they don't even bother engaging him directly, they just try to push themselves right by him. I'm not sure what Benson sees in Tomlinson but we *have* to kind of consider and upgrade next off-season. Earlier he looked like he was having a good season, but always this guys shows up and not positively. Last week it was whiff blocking. This week he's just not where he needs to be in pass protection. I think he's okay with traps and other plays, but that's about it.

Dude we just blew out a top nfc team on prime time and your still criticizing the offensive line? Cmon now
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Once Skule got yanked the Packers pass rush became a lot less ferocious. The Smiths have been wrecking OL's all over the league so its not like they were going up against scrubs.

This will definitely calm down some of the "Skule is the LT of the future" talk. He very well could be but it is way too early to say so definitively.

True, but Phoenix, dear lord, something has to be done with Tomlinson. I mean seriously. The sack that looks like Brunskill allowed, was actually Tomlinson's fault. Tomlinson gives up pressure so quickly in the B gap - it's like DL knows this and they don't even bother engaging him directly, they just try to push themselves right by him. I'm not sure what Benson sees in Tomlinson but we *have* to kind of consider and upgrade next off-season. Earlier he looked like he was having a good season, but always this guys shows up and not positively. Last week it was whiff blocking. This week he's just not where he needs to be in pass protection. I think he's okay with traps and other plays, but that's about it.

Kenny Clark and Za'Darious Smith are making a habit of abusing interior OL this season. They did it early tonight.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Ya feel me now, Hoov?

Nope
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ya feel me now, Hoov?

Nope

LOL. Shocker. Obviously you're not here to have real discussions. Now I know.
Originally posted by dj43:
Kenny Clark and Za'Darious Smith are making a habit of abusing interior OL this season. They did it early tonight.

The Smith brothers are very good. Inside, outside, they gave our PP fits. Big props to Brunskill for helping the LT position settle down. He may allow Staley another game to heal.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 25, 2019 at 5:23 AM ]
Originally posted by roman49ers:
Dude we just blew out a top nfc team on prime time and your still criticizing the offensive line? Cmon now

So W = ignore weaknesses. Got it!
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Looks like Mike Person got hurt on that Motsert TD...

He's OK...just a stinger.
Yeah, Preston was one of my FA targets.

Highly doubt it on Skule. Talent is talent and he's just not very talented. Plus he's regressed every game esp. the more we've passed. Proud of Brunskill.

Za'Darius was my FA guy and he's proven it
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah, Preston was one of my FA targets.

Highly doubt it on Skule. Talent is talent and he's just not very talented. Plus he's regressed every game esp. the more we've passed. Proud of Brunskill.

Za'Darius was my FA guy and he's proven it

Imagine if we got them both! Preston was cheap too. How much did Za'Darius cost?

OL can be improved...I don't think anyone should be denying that. Facts are facts (like I keep saying) Kyle won't invest a ton at the guard position.

People should start doing their homework on day 3 OGs because IMO that's where they will be attacking that position (until I'm proven otherwise).

OL can be improved...I don't think anyone should be denying that. Facts are facts (like I keep saying) Kyle won't invest a ton at the guard position.

People should start doing their homework on day 3 OGs because IMO that's where they will be attacking that position (until I'm proven otherwise).

Haha, sad but true. Guys can dream.

I'm more concerned about PP right now. All of them. The good news is we finally got a little running going. Brunskill can now practice all week at LT and fine tune that footwork and technique. Staley has had extra time to heal that break and should be well rested when he does comes back...tune him up for the playoffs.
Imagine if we got them both! Preston was cheap too. How much did Za'Darius cost?

Preston at 4 yrs $52M
Za'Darius got 4yr $66M

I think those are proper values for them. Za'Darius IMO seems to f**k up more plays.

End of the day I'm fine with getting Bosa/Ford/AA and having Blair as the backup. I'm glad they didn't invest that much money.

Preston at 4 yrs $52M
Za'Darius got 4yr $66M

I think those are proper values for them. Za'Darius IMO seems to f**k up more plays.

End of the day I'm fine with getting Bosa/Ford/AA and having Blair as the backup. I'm glad they didn't invest that much money.

Perfect!

AA is going nowhere and I'm sure we'll resign Jones, Blair...maybe Moore if he keeps it up.
Haha, sad but true. Guys can dream.

I'm more concerned about PP right now. All of them. The good news is we finally got a little running going. Brunskill can now practice all week at LT and fine tune that footwork and technique. Staley has had extra time to heal that break and should be well rested when he does comes back...tune him up for the playoffs.

once they got the play-action rolling that PP improved. It will be interesting to see what Kyle does in the off season in regards to personnel.

Gotta realize they do have all their starters signed thru 2020 and at a cheap price overall (whether we like them or not).

They might not be able to resign Ward and we'd have a massive hole at FS. That takes precedence IMO. Will we be able to resign AA and what's up with Blair? AA IMO is a must resign or tag. He's just been too damn good. Buck/Kittle resign without question.

A lot of what ifs that's for sure
Share 49ersWebzone