There are 191 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Excellent coaching move replacing Schule [sp] w/Brunskill!

#OLLivesMatter

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ya feel me now, Hoov?

Nope

LOL. Shocker. Obviously you're not here to have real discussions. Now I know.

Just because you are digging in, per usual, I need to now agree with you? It's clearly very important to you to be thought of as this football savant around here , so who am I to stand in your way I know it's also very important for you to have the last word so have at it lol.

You guys would do well to chill a bit today and enjoy the win rather than tossing grenades at each other. That will not end well.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Man is it awesome that we have Brunskill, among many others, locked up for cheap as an ERFA. Plus, plenty of RFAs we can tender low and match if they get offers.

yep, i thought offensive line was going to be a focus on the next draft but we can definitely put it off with Brunskill stepping up as a potential starter in the future and Skule as a serviceable backup.
Skule was humbled, but hes way better than we thought. Brunskill too. I think he can start at some point tbh.

Must keep this o-line coach lol

If there is an obvious talent at G/C available round 1 it still makes sense imo. We are at t a point where we draft BPA.
I say we Trade for Trent Williams of the Redskins..

Then we can start developing young players (BPA) since it looks like we're drafting late this year.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Then we can start developing young players (BPA) since it looks like we're drafting late this year.

Don forget end of round one you can snag starters at G/C easy.
Yea Brunskill came through b/d Skule was getting killed. I think boht guys have had good stretches but not sure how good they will be long term. sure glad we have them.

That would cost FAR too much both in draft capital and cap money.

Who would you give up for Williams? AA? Kittle? BB? Ward?

Those are the level of guys that would go without a contract if we spent what it would take to sign Williams with his injury history.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm all for a deep threat, but we don't really see Jimmy G take those shots down field at all. Had a nice one last night with Kittle juking the s**t out of a guy to get wide open.

We have one of the fastest dudes in the NFL inactive. Regardless if he can catch the damn ball his speed is still there. Hell you got a 50/50 shot he get's a PI throwing it deep most of the time. Jimmy just doesn't take the shot (even when PP is fine).

We will see.

No doubt that would be the next phase of his development. In fact, he and Goodwin worked on it a ton in the off season...only to only try it once? Maybe it is a Kyle philosophy. Or he just doesn't feel we have the personnel for it and JG hasn't reached a higher efficiency yet for Kyle to fully trust him. We'll see...I mean, Kyle full on pulled a 180 on us to start this year masterminding the run game so who knows what he's going to do with actual receiving weapons.

Personally, I like the idea that Kyle's going to keep his defense strong and focus on the run game. Now that doesn't mean (as NY85 says) Kyle will all of a sudden start drafting OLinemen with the 49ers first picks, but I can see Kyle looking for upgrades on the OLine through the latter half of the draft and free agency. I think he'll reserve a big chunk of his draft capital reserved for defense.

As for deep passes, a strong and consistent running attack naturally lends itself to deep play action passes, and so I can see Kyle trying to upgrade Goodwin from just pure speed and OK hands to a WR that may have a bit less speed, but much better hands. You don't need a ton of speed (but you do need speed) for a team with a good ground game - to effectively deploy the deep pass.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

That would cost FAR too much both in draft capital and cap money.

Who would you give up for Williams? AA? Kittle? BB? Ward?

Those are the level of guys that would go without a contract if we spent what it would take to sign Williams with his injury history.
just draft who we need for the o line. maybe ross reynolds will come along.. but if you are asking. you dump jet goodwin and pettis. that could create some space

They aren't going to trade for an aging tackle who hasn't played a full season since 2012 and wants a huge new deal.
What great unity. Who knew?

Originally posted by dj43:
Ya feel me now, Hoov?

Nope

LOL. Shocker. Obviously you're not here to have real discussions. Now I know.

Just because you are digging in, per usual, I need to now agree with you? It's clearly very important to you to be thought of as this football savant around here , so who am I to stand in your way I know it's also very important for you to have the last word so have at it lol.

You guys would do well to chill a bit today and enjoy the win rather than tossing grenades at each other. That will not end well.

It's all good. Just trying to have an open objective debate with him, even proving his case for him, and after watching 5 minutes of the game all validating those very concerns, he still can't admit to the valid concerns. I'm done with him. He's not here to talk football.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

They aren't going to trade for an aging tackle who hasn't played a full season since 2012 and wants a huge new deal.

And had a cancer scare

Nope

1st, Snyder isn't trading with SF.
2nd we have fine tackles...it's the interior that's the issue mainly.
3rd. SF is limited on capital.
4th. Williams hasn't played football in a while (is always banged up) and is gonna want top end money. Something we need to sign our own.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2019 at 10:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone