There are 205 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by okdkid:
How is Brunskill not our starting RT? Elite performance.

Should have just kept Trenton Brown.

Go to your room...NOW.
Originally posted by dj43:

Go to your room...NOW.

Originally posted by John_Candy:
I'm not for moving Brunskill to G, at least not long term. Small sample size, but I think he can handle RT when Staley retires and McG moves to LT. Hell, after last night it might be better to play Brunskill at LT and keep McG at RT after Joe retires.

I'd be looking for an interior O-lineman with our 1st round pick. But I agree with NY, we probably won't spend a high pick on one.

I believe we were just saying the exact same thing about Skule 2 weeks ago. It's highly unlikely Kyle is going to replace Staley with a 6th or UDFA. It'll most likely be a high 1st like McGlinchey.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by okdkid:
How is Brunskill not our starting RT? Elite performance.

Can he play any guard?

He did play there in PF, also a few snaps earlier in the year when Person was nicked. He looked good.

I went back and looked at some of his plays last night and compared them with other games: the guy is really good at hitting moving targets at the second level. He has a quick start and stays with his blocks.

OK and I, among others, have been talking about this guy for a while now. I give credit to Tim Ryan for pointing him out in the second PS game, IIRC (might have been the third). Ryan said DB caught his eye early in TC and he just kept getting better every day. Ryan "guaranteed" he would make the 53 and do a good job if he got the opportunity. Ryan was correct.
I believe we were just saying the exact same thing about Skule 2 weeks ago. It's highly unlikely Kyle is going to replace Staley with a 6th or UDFA. It'll most likely be a high 1st like McGlinchey.

That's why I couched my comment with "small sample size", we'll see going forward. Wrt to Brunskill not being a high pick, that doesn't matter to me if he can play, see Trent Brown.
  • Veteran
" So, we planned on getting Brunskill in. He came in and I really don't even know which one is in when the play happens. I only notice if a bad play happens. I ask who it was, so I don't know how long he stayed in for, but since I didn't say his name again, I'm sure he did a pretty good job."

I don't hold a breath for KS any longer. He can't even recognize his player, let alone appreciation. The OL is doomed.
Originally posted by John_Candy:

That's why I couched my comment with "small sample size", we'll see going forward. Wrt to Brunskill not being a high pick, that doesn't matter to me if he can play, see Trent Brown.

Smart man!
Originally posted by 4919:
" So, we planned on getting Brunskill in. He came in and I really don't even know which one is in when the play happens. I only notice if a bad play happens. I ask who it was, so I don't know how long he stayed in for, but since I didn't say his name again, I'm sure he did a pretty good job."

I don't hold a breath for KS any longer. He can't even recognize his player, let alone appreciation. The OL is doomed.

Kyle's the kind of HC that feels he can scheme around any OL issues (and he usually can) and puts the onus on his QB to process at an incredibly high and quick rate. Even if the OL was allowing 30 sacks in a game he'd still probably blame the QB TBH. Him not noticing them for him is a great game. If he notices them, now he's got to scheme differently.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 25, 2019 at 3:47 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I am surprised that KS still didn't start Brunskill. Staley should retire.

I think both Brunskill and Skule have the talent to play either tackle position, and possibly - if they continue to improve - possibly become starter material. IN the meantime, I think Staley has - easily - this year and possibly next year to play at a high level. So Brunskill and Skule are excellent depth players this year, add in Shon Coleman and that's a pretty good OLine depth right there for next year.

As for Staley, if the 49ers are lucky enough to get a 6th Lombardi, I'm almost 100% sure Staley will retire.
This is definitely something to watch. I believe the Steelers blitzed this much too ??? and JG took a beating.

I am surprised that KS still didn't start Brunskill. Staley should retire.

Relax chief.
Do the Ravens still have that big OL?

• Giedi
  • Veteran

From what I saw in the Rams game, that right side of the Baltimore Line dominated the Rams DLine. I think Aron Donald plays to the opposite of that side. If so, Baltimore ran away from him and had great success.
Originally posted by Giedi:

From what I saw in the Rams game, that right side of the Baltimore Line dominated the Rams DLine. I think Aron Donald plays to the opposite of that side. If so, Baltimore ran away from him and had great success.

They showed some plays where they doubled Donald and the rest of their o line held up. They have a great o line from what I've seen.
I hope we start Brunskill!
Share 49ersWebzone