Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 209 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I don't know if I like this at all. Brunskill is our best swing tackle and we don't have the horses at all to cover for those guys outside of Skule. Keep Brunskill at swing tackle and let's see if Ben can play. If Staley or McG come out for a series or a half, we're okay. Ben has come in at spot duty and was overwhelmed in Baltimore, but it seems like he was much better prepared this week and hoping he's being coached up. Today he seemed MUCH better in terms of being coached up. We have to stick with Garland for now and if he can't, then I'm in favor of moving person. We can't weaken the left side IMHO. It's our strongest running side because Tomlinson is s**te. We're already going to have our hands full with blitzing coming up the middle on the right A Gap that was a concern before with Richburg covering for Tomlinson. Garland will need to worry about himself. We're going to need to find a way to help the right side w/o Richburg.

Get the best 5 guys on the field. Brunskill is the future at RG anyway IMO.
But not at the expense of continuity when every game matters. We learned that lesson the hard way against the Seahawks at home.

Haven't had continuity all season. That worry has left the building.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
I'd keep Person at G for continuity. Kyle put Garland in, not Brunskill. That's how it's gonna be unless Garland is a liability.

This.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I wonder if Shanny works out Joshua Garnett for some depth moving forward.

We certainly need someone. I think Brunskill becomes the primary backup for every position on the OL now.

I was just coming here to post this. He is still a FA. Shanny may prefer someone that has some backup center experience. But Garnett knows the system for sure, he watched it enough from the sidelines
I'd keep Person at G for continuity. Kyle put Garland in, not Brunskill. That's how it's gonna be unless Garland is a liability.

Brunskill was the swing T on the bench, and got, minimal non-tackle snaps since the preseason. That would change for a longer-term substitution.

Skule, interenstingly, was active instead of Toilolo.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I wonder if Shanny works out Joshua Garnett for some depth moving forward.

We certainly need someone. I think Brunskill becomes the primary backup for every position on the OL now.

I was just coming here to post this. He is still a FA. Shanny may prefer someone that has some backup center experience. But Garnett knows the system for sure, he watched it enough from the sidelines

Garnett will be injured the first week back
Originally posted by Poldarn49:

Brunskill was the swing T on the bench, and got, minimal non-tackle snaps since the preseason. That would change for a longer-term substitution.

Celek blows. I'm not sure why Kyle doesn't go with Toilolo if he wants to establish the run esp. the OZ. Celek has done nothing but hurt us.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Celek blows. I'm not sure why Kyle doesn't go with Toilolo if he wants to establish the run esp. the OZ. Celek has done nothing but hurt us.

I would rather have an extra offensive lineman report eligible and go out on pass routes than Celek.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I would rather have an extra offensive lineman report eligible and go out on pass routes than Celek.

This x 100
Garland really surprised me.

He played well and watching him get to the 2nd level and block was great.

Originally posted by cali2COniner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We take the best center available in RD 1 and teach him to play OG. I love Richburg, but he's way too important not to have a plan beyond him. He hasn't been healthy for one full season since joining the team. Great player, just not durable.

Solid post!
This is why the Giants let him walk. Always injured

I mean someone fell on his leg. Hard to label that anything but a freak injury.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i would take a center guard guy with the first pick. in whatever round that is this coming draft
If Garland stinks it up, I'm with the crowd saying move Person over to C and plug Brunskill in at RG. He belongs in the starting lineup over Garland imo.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If Garland stinks it up, I'm with the crowd saying move Person over to C and plug Brunskill in at RG. He belongs in the starting lineup over Garland imo.

Garland played surprisingly well vs a pretty good DL group yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone