Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 217 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

[ Edited by okdkid on Dec 9, 2019 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If Garland stinks it up, I'm with the crowd saying move Person over to C and plug Brunskill in at RG. He belongs in the starting lineup over Garland imo.

Originally posted by okdkid:

Yeah remember seeing that
TIMEOUT...

I feel same as everyone here. But let's put it in perspective. Cowboys had best OL last yr and this yr 3 of 5 are injured, and OL sucks.

BB, the great one, just 8 games ago, fired two starter OTs and one starting OG....brot in 3 totally new players.

Seahawks, GB, N.O, , Rams, even RAvens have all had OL problems. 32 teams and just not enough starters to go around....not to mention backups. So let's just for once be happy with how we have gotten to where we are, injuries and all. One of the things JL did that was slick was to get depth EVERYWHERE. Now it may not be starter depth, but at least could be coached up and like person and Laken, play well enough against most teams.

Also he had backup at C, OTs, and OGs. It might be green , untested, but at least he had SOME answer. There is a one best way to do this, while at the same time hoping for Richburg to be back for LA or esp SEA. Forget ATL. SAme for uncle sherm, and everybody else nicked up. And yes that means the OL.

We will find the ONE best way to get thru this and i agree kyle isn't making any double moves on the OL. But we will find a way that semi works....just like 31 other teams thruout the league.

Remember Wills the bank robber when asked why do you rob banks? Said...because that's where the money is.

Transpose over to NFL, and who wins the SB, virtually every yr? The team with the least injuries. Right now that inlcudes just about all 12 teams that can make the playoffs plus every other team out there. The key here is to figure out how we get thru next 3 games, esp last two and then still stay standing for playofffs. A bye would be a Godsend. But so far JL and kyle have figured out how we can just barely manage the injuries we have. For the first time in 20 yrs we have backups at most positions. Cowboys have NONE. PATS OL is a disaster. And so on.

So i leave it to kyle and JL to figure it out for ATL game, then LA and then SEA...while still keeping Playoffs in mind and how to staff OL. I get what you all are saying,, but am just reminding how NOW, 3 games to go, how important it is to do this just right, and realize it may not be ok for next 2 games ...nor playoffs. Everyone limps into playoffs one way or another. Maybe except RAvens.
So trust in GM and HC and let's see how they handle all this.

Meantime, anyone thiniking we don't need an ER with our top pick next yr is kidding himself. And that would be with keeping all the guys we have on DL at present. Obviously if at #28 to #32 if we have a schidt house fantastic DB or C or LB at our pick we take him....but DE is right up there when it comes time to pick , altho BPA.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If Garland stinks it up, I'm with the crowd saying move Person over to C and plug Brunskill in at RG. He belongs in the starting lineup over Garland imo.

Hence why I said IF he stinks it up. I also remember what happened to him in the Seahawks game
With Richburg headed to IR, I wonder who they'll get on the roster. Since Brunskill and Person can both also play C, they have some options.

They have two young guys in the PS:

Ross Reynolds (G)
Jaryd Jones-Smith (OT)

They could bring back San Young (OT) again.

They could also grab a guy from another team's PS.
I didn't realize JG was pressured 34% last game.

Both OL and DL coaches have been masterful this year. The subs have not missed a beat.
Hence why I said IF he stinks it up. I also remember what happened to him in the Seahawks game

Yeah I mean it was one play (his first one).
Originally posted by captveg:
With Richburg headed to IR, I wonder who they'll get on the roster. Since Brunskill and Person can both also play C, they have some options.

They have two young guys in the PS:

Ross Reynolds (G)
Jaryd Jones-Smith (OT)

They could bring back San Young (OT) again.

They could also grab a guy from another team's PS.

We have to make a move & bring up 1 of the young guys from PS

Originally posted by NinerGM:
But this happens like 1000x a week in the NFL. I'm just saying I love the guy but not yet one full season healthy for us since signed.

Did you see what happened to his knee? No that doesn't happen 1000x a week.

Person takes snaps at center, no? Would be interesting if they move him to Center and put Brunskill at G. If we have Garland at C, Donald will have his way with JimmyG.
But this happens like 1000x a week in the NFL. I'm just saying I love the guy but not yet one full season healthy for us since signed.

Wow that was so unfortunate for Richburg there
Sorry NY but I've seen literally hundreds of pile ups and many looked worse than that one. I'm not saying that he didn't get hurt, I'm just saying the player I like hasn't played a full season healthy for us since signed. How is that wrong or not true or hate? I get it. Richburg is like your guy until the end of time. That's cool. I dig him too, but I'm only interested in seeing this team win a super bowl and for me anyone, anyone who can deliver that to us is my guy.

Go Niners.

So every other center in the league is fine and Richburg is the one guy who gets hurt because he tore his completely unrelated quad muscle and had concussions?

Sucks. He's not a strong player to begin with. Snaps, gets high, getting pancaked easily right over Person's leg who's trying to hold his own ground with a wider base pushing forward.

Hopefully he can heal next year and build up his strength and base.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone