Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 244 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You tell me what makes more sense around how you prepare the starter for the season:

Not giving snaps to the designated starter who needs them desperately or giving them to the player who already has more snaps at that spot than any other player on the roster combined?

Yall are grasping for straws if you don't think they're not preparing Brunskill to be C.

At this point I wouldn't be at all shocked if they signed someone to compete for the starting job.

Never said that. Just he hasn't been given the job. Which he hasn't.

Should absolutely sign Tretter.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm way too bored this morning

LOL. It's Saturday morning.
I'm sitting here waiting for a breakfast to go order for the fam drinking a michelada
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
You tell me what makes more sense around how you prepare the starter for the season:

Not giving snaps to the designated starter who needs them desperately or giving them to the player who already has more snaps at that spot than any other player on the roster combined?

Yall are grasping for straws if you don't think they're not preparing Brunskill to be C.

At this point I wouldn't be at all shocked if they signed someone to compete for the starting job.

If he can pass a physical I think this is a no brainer
Again, it's a necessity HERE. And why do you think that is? Because he suddenly needs 4 RB's with 4 different skill sets?

As opposed to his scheme being magically more damaging to running backs the last 5 years?

I absolutely think he wants more weapons.

I'm sure it's a combination of a few things but it starts with injuries. He has Breida so he needs a Mostert when he gets hurt. He gets a Wilson for when Coleman gets hurt. He gets a TDP is case Sermon doesn't pan out or gets injured. He gets a Mitchell in case Sermon gets injured.
I'm sitting here waiting for a breakfast to go order for the fam drinking a michelada

Does the fam appreciate the memes like we do? They better.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jul 30, 2022 at 11:04 AM ]

LOL. It's Saturday morning.

Outstanding!!! Enjoy.

Apparently They don't appreciate greatness
I'm sure it's a combination of a few things but it starts with injuries. He has Breida so he needs a Mostert when he gets hurt. He gets a Wilson for when Coleman gets hurt. He gets a TDP is case Sermon doesn't pan out or gets injured. He gets a Mitchell in case Sermon gets injured.

Does it? Or does it start with I'm not sold on anybody yet so I want to have the most weapons possible.

Apparently They don't appreciate greatness

Haha. That's hilarious.

If he can pass a physical I think this is a no brainer

Ditto.

I think a number of moves are on the plate as soon as JG isn't there.

Does it? Or does it start with I'm not sold on anybody yet so I want to have the most weapons possible.

It's really just 2 different skill sets and doubling down. He still doesn't need to keep them all on the 53 and active.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Ditto.

I think a number of moves are on the plate as soon as JG isn't there.

Hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the ass

Hoov it's already happy hour here near Wrigley. Come join man. I owe you a round anyways.

Love that area. For the longest time I assumed nobody worked there because people were out in the streets partying at like 11am every time I was there 🤣

Hoov it's already happy hour here near Wrigley. Come join man. I owe you a round anyways.

Love that area. For the longest time I assumed nobody worked there because people were out in the streets partying at like 11am every time I was there 🤣

It does have that aura to it right? It's like even when there isn't a game, Cubby Bear is THE quintessential sports bar right? And now they have a rib joint down the street that's huge with tons of screens everywhere. If you love sports, you really can't go wrong in that area.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
My Inferred Offensive Line Depth Chart after day 1:

1st Team:
Williams - Banks - Brendel - Burford - McGlinchey

2nd/3rd Team:
McKivitz/Moore/Brunskill - Moore/Zakelj - Brunskill - Moore/Brunskill - Moore/McKivitz/Brunskill

Outside looking in:
Skule, Sutherland, Shleuter, Po, West

Off the bench, McKivitz would come in at LT; Moore at LG, RG, and RT; and Brunskill at C.

After day 2:
no change, but it's noticeable that Burford remains starting at RG (as opposed to cycling through different players). It's unknown whether Moore would be starting at RG if McGlinchey were practicing.

edit-
Center also appears to be up in the air between Brendel and Brunskill, and you'd probably lean Brunskill based on experience.

After day 3:
major shakeup at multiple positions. New implied depth chart:

1st team:
Williams - Banks - Brunskill - Burford - McGlinchey

2nd/3rd team:
Moore/McKivitz - Moore/Zakelj - Brendel - Moore/Zakelj - McKivitz/Moore

After day 4:
1st team:
Williams - Banks - Brunskill - Burford - McGlinchey

2nd/3rd team:
Moore/McKivitz - Moore/Zakelj - Brendel/Po - Moore/Zakelj - McKivitz/Moore

edit- apparently Po played some LG, but struggled.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jul 30, 2022 at 2:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone