There are 223 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Can we sign JC Tretter now

We need a HEALTHY center that can practice every day with the rest of the OL. Tretter isn't that.

I recall an OL coach (can't recall) that claimed that of the two, talent and chemistry, he would take chemistry first despite how long it takes to develop it. Without chemistry you cannot play offense.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Originally posted by cciowa:

sounds like the entire line aside from trent is trash... oh .. i forgot.. we need to let them jell.. as they jell. i hope pain is something trey enjoys
clueless losers fans keep crying about the OL, lmao
don't mind him, Trolls gonna troll
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 1, 2022 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yes please

I was a fan during the draft, but at OG. I haven't been able to watch the OL in camp and not sure if Burford/banks just stink or if it's the center position just not being figured out?

id give a day 3 pick but I'd much rather invest at center.

very early but reports are Banks is playing pretty well

Burford is a rookie so it might take him some time to get acclimated against NFL talent and its the first time the entire IOL is playing together. I don't think making a move unless we are trading for a legit starter makes any sense we are already young and basing out OL on potential we might as well het them develop together it will take time to build some chemistry

No money
I think Brendel will be just fine. I ilked him way back at UCLA, if Kyle likes him, thats good enough for me. I think Ben Garland was our center at the SB in '19, besides Mack, we haven't had a solid center since Goodwin. I'm not thrilled about Brunskill playing center.
I know about Tretter but what other centers are available?
Matt Paradis is a
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Matt Paradis. He played for the awful Panthers of last year and was average. He is an experienced veteran, a SB champ, but he wouldn't provide much of an upgrade over Brendel imo.
I think only busted kness Tretter and old man Paradis are the only relevant guys available.

Sportrac lists a total of 11 FA Centers that remain unsigned. Of those, other than Matt Paradis, none of the others played a single snap last season! The pool is that bad.
Ok I think I´m going to drink a bottle of tequila
Remember when we let our pro bowl G leave? Lol good times.

Absolutely concerned about the o-line and Trey. Really my only concerns on the team(which are obviously major concerns), but right now is way too early to be panicked. R-E-L-A-X. Let them learn and play. We do this every year when the offense gets destroyed by the defense.
Originally posted by dj43:

Sportrac lists a total of 11 FA Centers that remain unsigned. Of those, other than Matt Paradis, none of the others played a single snap last season! The pool is that bad.
not even the infamous JC Tretter ?!?!?!
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 1, 2022 at 8:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He is still available but I will be surprised if he plays again. His knees are lumps of spaghetti.

He is still available but I will be surprised if he plays again. His knees are lumps of spaghetti.
i was more intrigued by him not taking one snap last year tidbit

i was more intrigued by him not taking one snap last year tidbit

Monster asked about those other than Tretter. Hence, my reply.
Share 49ersWebzone