49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I know about Tretter but what other centers are available?

Sportrac lists a total of 11 FA Centers that remain unsigned. Of those, other than Matt Paradis, none of the others played a single snap last season! The pool is that bad.
not even the infamous JC Tretter ?!?!?!

He is still available but I will be surprised if he plays again. His knees are lumps of spaghetti.
i was more intrigued by him not taking one snap last year tidbit

Monster asked about those other than Tretter. Hence, my reply.
ahh i thought he was included in that list
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Remember when we let our pro bowl G leave? Lol good times.

He only needed 3 yrs/at $40 million/$27 mil. guaranteed. Piece of cake.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

He only needed 3 yrs/at $40 million/$27 mil. guaranteed. Piece of cake.
Sounds like Banks is handling that position so far
If tretter could play there are several teams that would have signed him. When he was playing he couldn't practice during the week at all, that's how f**ked up his knees are
Good early signs on Banks and Burford. There's a legit chance these G's could be big upgrades to Tomlinson and Brunskill. Give 'em time.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good early signs on Banks and Burford. There's a legit chance these G's could be big upgrades to Tomlinson and Brunskill. Give 'em time.
Beu might be the real winner here, future wise .. usually rooks get the redshirt
Bummer, was just highlighting this the other day when YAC provided the film.

2. Center Daniel Brunskill.
Played center with the second stringers today, which is fitting, because Jake Brendel is a better center than him. That doesn't mean Brendel is good -- he's not -- but at least he can snap the ball accurately, as opposed to Brunskill.

I keep hearing/reading our 3 interior spots have been pretty bad, with Banks being the best of the bunch. Instead of trying to force Brunskill at C, why not keep Brunskill at RG, Brendel at C and Banks at LG. Doesn't seem to be much if any of a gap between skill in Brendel and Brunskill at C. We know Brunskill is atleast average at guard, let him stay there and Burferd can develop for a year, and if he ends up looking good in practice as the season goes then he can replace Brunskill. I just don't like the idea of all 3 interior spots "taking their lumps" as the season goes. Team is too good overall for that. Could get Lance hurt and or really downgrade our greatest offensive skill which is running the ball. Let Brunskill stay at his RG spot and be serviceable and Brendel at the position he's played his whole career, and let that unit start building some chemistry.
I believe our o-line is fantastic. Its just Kris Kocurek ripping the heart out of every 49er olineman and making them question their existence in life.

Unfortunately he sav d his worst for last. He had a disastrous nfccg. I would've liked to keep him because you can never have enough good OL but that coupled with the $$ he got ...
Beu might be the real winner here, future wise .. usually rooks get the redshirt

Where's all your boys? They've been quiet. Miss them. Loving all the new blood in here though. #Sharks

Originally posted by frenchmov:

Unfortunately he sav d his worst for last. He had a disastrous nfccg. I would've liked to keep him because you can never have enough good OL but that coupled with the $$ he got ...

Very true.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Bummer, was just highlighting this the other day when YAC provided the film.

2. Center Daniel Brunskill.
Played center with the second stringers today, which is fitting, because Jake Brendel is a better center than him. That doesn't mean Brendel is good -- he's not -- but at least he can snap the ball accurately, as opposed to Brunskill.

I keep hearing/reading our 3 interior spots have been pretty bad, with Banks being the best of the bunch. Instead of trying to force Brunskill at C, why not keep Brunskill at RG, Brendel at C and Banks at LG. Doesn't seem to be much if any of a gap between skill in Brendel and Brunskill at C. We know Brunskill is atleast average at guard, let him stay there and Burferd can develop for a year, and if he ends up looking good in practice as the season goes then he can replace Brunskill. I just don't like the idea of all 3 interior spots "taking their lumps" as the season goes. Team is too good overall for that. Could get Lance hurt and or really downgrade our greatest offensive skill which is running the ball. Let Brunskill stay at his RG spot and be serviceable and Brendel at the position he's played his whole career, and let that unit start building some chemistry.

I'm just being patient. I'm looking more at the long term talent. No doubt Banks and Burford are going to get beat against our DL but the outlook is they both ALREADY seem entrenched at both G spots. You know what that means? That means they get every rep with the 1's (chemistry next to TW and MM) and a crap ton of snaps until week 1.

If they both have the talent we hope they have, they should be on a very slow but steady ascension over time where we're used to seeing just the opposite of that come 4Q of the season and playoffs.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 1, 2022 at 10:04 PM ]

🤣 great reference
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP22:
I think Brendel will be just fine. I ilked him way back at UCLA, if Kyle likes him, thats good enough for me. I think Ben Garland was our center at the SB in '19, besides Mack, we haven't had a solid center since Goodwin. I'm not thrilled about Brunskill playing center.

I've seen good guards transition to the center position just fine. Brunskill will go through some rough spots for sure, but if Kyle decides him to play center - I think he'll be fine.

I want Brendel to be center though. He's younger and I think with more physical talent than some of the others - Poe being another very physically talented player and unfortunately, he is a developmental player. I hope his sheer talent enables him to make the 53 somehow.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Spencer just took the inside track over Moore. Moore has to be kicking himself.

Your my boy Poe!

What was the other O-Linemen doing Is what I'd like to know? You don't pass up an opportunity like that to work out with the big man himself.

Yup. And I hope Trent's durability rubs off on Poe and Burford.
Share 49ersWebzone