There are 96 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
So can we please put to rest the whole "we can't afford …." because Deebos extension with Jimmy still on the roster just blew that reason up forever with me. The next some of y'all post it as reasoning why we can acquire certain players at certain salaries need to understand cap is all about priorities NOT about ability.

There's a difference between signing a FA vs giving a guy and extension when talking about cap space. Doesn't mean they couldn't make certain salaries work though.
I wonder when and if the media will ask Kyle about the center position?
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm just being patient. I'm looking more at the long term talent. No doubt Banks and Burford are going to get beat against our DL but the outlook is they both ALREADY seem entrenched at both G spots. You know what that means? That means they get every rep with the 1's (chemistry next to TW and MM) and a crap ton of snaps until week 1.

If they both have the talent we hope they have, they should be on a very slow but steady ascension over time where we're used to seeing just the opposite of that come 4Q of the season and playoffs.

I believe Banks will be solid. Burford I am not sure. Center and Right tackle scare the hell out of me. I thought Moore would take RT? I mean these kids could gel and be solid by mid season or later, but at what cost to the team and Lance?
Jesus

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Jesus

Tom Brady will at least die a legend.
Jesus

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I'm just being patient. I'm looking more at the long term talent. No doubt Banks and Burford are going to get beat against our DL but the outlook is they both ALREADY seem entrenched at both G spots. You know what that means? That means they get every rep with the 1's (chemistry next to TW and MM) and a crap ton of snaps until week 1.

If they both have the talent we hope they have, they should be on a very slow but steady ascension over time where we're used to seeing just the opposite of that come 4Q of the season and playoffs.

I believe Banks will be solid. Burford I am not sure. Center and Right tackle scare the hell out of me. I thought Moore would take RT? I mean these kids could gel and be solid by mid season or later, but at what cost to the team and Lance?

Oh don't get me wrong, it could be a full implosion with Trey running for his life on the regular with Kyle just throwing his play sheet on the ground and saying, "Eff it. Just run whatever!"

C and RT, we've seen this dance before (e.g. lack of talent, health).
So can we please put to rest the whole "we can't afford …." because Deebos extension with Jimmy still on the roster just blew that reason up forever with me. The next some of y'all post it as reasoning why we can acquire certain players at certain salaries need to understand cap is all about priorities NOT about ability.

There's a difference between signing a FA vs giving a guy and extension when talking about cap space. Doesn't mean they couldn't make certain salaries work though.

Agreed. If the desire is there, there's always a way to make it work. It'll still be nice to get Jimmy off the books though.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 2, 2022 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Jesus

Wirfs is fine it was just cramps
Jesus

Just cramps I guess

Jesus

Just cramps I guess

Menstrual*
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Jesus

Just cramps I guess

Menstrual*

Lucky SOB. He'll still probably going to die without Jensen though.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 2, 2022 at 8:56 AM ]
Jesus

Just cramps I guess

Menstrual*

Lucky SOB. He'll still probably going to die without Jensen though.

I am waiting for that crushing career ending hit, but you cant touch QB's anymore.
Jesus

Just cramps I guess

Menstrual*

Screw you Melon!

Agreed. If the desire is there, there's always a way to make it work. It'll still be nice to get Jimmy off the books though.

100%.
Of course there's a difference between those three (extension, FA, cap) but not as delineated as NY is implying. It is one cap and yes an extension is different than signing a FA, but it's still one cap. However what I am saying, and NY knows this, is if a team WANTS player X, they can have him. Full stop. So when John comes on the presser and says "hmm we might be able to afford" - really what's being said is "we don't feel like paying .." It's always, always about making salaries work. "We can't afford to keep" is just BS.

So if we decided to be the Yankees and buy up all the top FA's every year, we could with no consequence because the cap doesn't really matter?
Share 49ersWebzone