49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hearing good things about:

Buford
Poe
Skule

Encouraging. If we can get them all aligned and improve that technique each practice because the ability sounds like it's there. However, I'm VERY worried about what I hear about Brunskill at C.

Kind of bummed Banks is having anchoring issues in PP after a red shirt year. He's given up some more in 11v11 too. It's something to keep an eye on.

I think the dude is too heavy or something. Needs to spend day and night in a 3 point stance. Your power is in you legs young man!!

Buford
Poe
Skule

Encouraging. If we can get them all aligned and improve that technique each practice because the ability sounds like it's there. However, I'm VERY worried about what I hear about Brunskill at C.

Kind of bummed Banks is having anchoring issues in PP after a red shirt year. He's given up some more in 11v11 too. It's something to keep an eye on.
Read he only had issues 1v1 and that was one time today out of all practices

Nothing to keep an eye on.. since there's hardly any news on him
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 2, 2022 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Buford
Poe
Skule

Not talking about today. I listen to a million pods and a couple at practice noted it as well prior to today. Nothing to be too concerned about. It's more technique vs. a physical issue.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Buford
Poe
Skule

Not talking about today. I listen to a million pods and a couple at practice noted it as well prior to today. Nothing to be too concerned about. It's more technique vs. a physical issue.
Right
Anybody hear a thing about Nick Zakelj?

He had the best rookie hype move
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He had the best rookie hype move

That's all I need to know!
Looks like Rohan saw a lot of the same things GC and others noted today:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/159617-49ers-day-training-camp-1-on-1s-recap/
Banks: anchor issues
Brunskill: a bad center
Burford: 4th round rookie

On every 3rd & long we´re gonna pray for Trey´s health
Looks like Rohan saw a lot of the same things GC and others noted today:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/159617-49ers-day-training-camp-1-on-1s-recap/

No he didn't. Cohn said Jackson won his 1on1's, every other guy there said he didn't , but did well in 11 on 11

Originally posted by 9erred:
I personally love what the niners are doing with the OL. They are drafting lots of players who playe OT in college and pushing them to guard for a while. They also are going to go with Banks and Burford at Guard. If this works, they will be settled for a few years for interior OL at a low cap rate. Keep in mind Brunskill can be swing tackle back up off bench. The kid out of ASU back up center to Brendel.

All in all I am hoping someone can step up and be able to play RT. Not a fan of overpaying for Mcglinchey

Very very unlikely they pay MM no matter how well he plays in a contract year.

Ryan Ramczyk - $19,200,000 APY
Brian O'Neill - $18,500,000
Lane Johnson - $18,000,000
Braden Smith - $17,500,000
Taylor Moton - $17,000,000
Chukwuma Okorafor - $9,750,000

BTW, what a drop off from Moton to Okorafor. LOL

They'll be drafting a first round RT again.

Agree this is MM last year as a niner. I respect your opinion but unless it's a leap year they will be draft DL in round 1 seriously hoping one of the other OL can step up and start at RT
I'm legitimately worried about the center position with no realistic solution.

I hope Shanahan or Lynch can convince Alex Mack to come out of retirement for one more shot at a ring
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Aug 2, 2022 at 10:26 PM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

I hope Shanahan or Lynch can convince Alex Mack to come out of retirement for one more shot at a ring

Agree.

Fans thinking that we can win big with Brunskill/Brendel at C are delusional as f**k. It´s like 2020 when a lot of fans thought that Grasu was gonna be a good C.

Let´s face it: we´re not going anywhere with Brunskill/Brendel.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Agree.

Fans thinking that we can win big with Brunskill/Brendel at C are delusional as f**k. It´s like 2020 when a lot of fans thought that Grasu was gonna be a good C.

Let´s face it: we´re not going anywhere with Brunskill/Brendel.

I hope the guys at the interior line positions surprise, because I'm nervous as heck as of now. Outside of that I'm reasonably confident in the rest of the team.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think one of the reasons the 49ers didn't make a strong move to get a center via draft or free agency was that they were gambling on Mack *not* retiring. I hope they have learned their lesson and apply that to Trent. Mack was 36 when he retired, and Trent will be 35 this time next year.
Share 49ersWebzone