There are 183 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
I'm legitimately worried about the center position with no realistic solution.

I hope Shanahan or Lynch can convince Alex Mack to come out of retirement for one more shot at a ring

Agree.

Fans thinking that we can win big with Brunskill/Brendel at C are delusional as f**k. It´s like 2020 when a lot of fans thought that Grasu was gonna be a good C.

Let´s face it: we´re not going anywhere with Brunskill/Brendel.

I hope the guys at the interior line positions surprise, because I'm nervous as heck as of now. Outside of that I'm reasonably confident in the rest of the team.

I'm one of the few people here who think Brunskill will be fine. Sapaulo and Randy Cross made the transition to center from guard. I think Brunskill will be able to also. We also have some good raw talent at that position also - they just need some experience. (West, Poe, and Brendel.) I"m going to wait till the first game of preseason before I start panicking.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I personally love what the niners are doing with the OL. They are drafting lots of players who playe OT in college and pushing them to guard for a while. They also are going to go with Banks and Burford at Guard. If this works, they will be settled for a few years for interior OL at a low cap rate. Keep in mind Brunskill can be swing tackle back up off bench. The kid out of ASU back up center to Brendel.

All in all I am hoping someone can step up and be able to play RT. Not a fan of overpaying for Mcglinchey

Very very unlikely they pay MM no matter how well he plays in a contract year.

Ryan Ramczyk - $19,200,000 APY
Brian O'Neill - $18,500,000
Lane Johnson - $18,000,000
Braden Smith - $17,500,000
Taylor Moton - $17,000,000
Chukwuma Okorafor - $9,750,000

BTW, what a drop off from Moton to Okorafor. LOL

They'll be drafting a first round RT again.

Agree this is MM last year as a niner. I respect your opinion but unless it's a leap year they will be draft DL in round 1 seriously hoping one of the other OL can step up and start at RT

You're right!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Looks like Rohan saw a lot of the same things GC and others noted today:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/159617-49ers-day-training-camp-1-on-1s-recap/

No he didn't. Cohn said Jackson won his 1on1's, every other guy there said he didn't , but did well in 11 on 11

No actually Cohn said Jackson won almost all of his 1-1 reps but against no starters. Rohan only said Jackson "didn't consistently win", but everyone said Jackson was great during the scrimmage/ 11-11 portion of practice.

Yeah, I hope Hoov wasn't expecting perfect alignment on these reports either. It was a rough contradictory day on reporting. Between pods, live tweets and breakdowns, it was a struggle to find some alignment on anything.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 3, 2022 at 6:18 AM ]
I know Rohan has said Sam Schlueter has looked the best of any backup OT so far. Has anyone heard any other reporters mention his name? Could be an under the radar guy to keep an eye on
So far, it's looking like this:

LT: Trent Williams; Colton McKivitz & Sam Schlueter
LG: Aaron Banks; Jason Poe & Nick Zakelj
C: Daniel Brunskill; Jake Brendel, Keaton Sutherland & Dohnovan West
RG: Spencer Burford
RT: Mike McGlinchey; Jaylon Moore, Justin Skule & Alfredo Gutierrez

Just based on the pods, tweets and reports so far:
Skule > McKivitz for a swing-T role (good 1v1 reps)
Moore should remain competing at RG as he struggles at T (many reps here d/t MM being out for 11v11)
Poe > Zakelj for backup G (no C snaps)
Brunskill > Brendel but concerns on snaps/timing
Burford has locked down RG
McKivitz, Schlueter, Zakelj, Sutherland, West and Gutierrez are on the outside looking in

Please correct me if you've heard other reports.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
I know Rohan has said Sam Schlueter has looked the best of any backup OT so far. Has anyone heard any other reporters mention his name? Could be an under the radar guy to keep an eye on

Interesting. Something to keep an eye on.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/159617-49ers-day-training-camp-1-on-1s-recap/

No he didn't. Cohn said Jackson won his 1on1's, every other guy there said he didn't , but did well in 11 on 11

No actually Cohn said Jackson won almost all of his 1-1 reps but against no starters. Rohan only said Jackson "didn't consistently win", but everyone said Jackson was great during the scrimmage/ 11-11 portion of practice.

Yeah, I hope Hoov wasn't expecting perfect alignment on these reports either. It was a rough contradictory day on reporting. Between pods, live tweets and breakdowns, it was a struggle to find some alignment on anything.

I think it's hard to say until pre-season. Basing everything off of conjecture, different perspectives is difficult. Not to mention the players being put in various scenario will lead to unclear results.

Moore should remain competing at RG as he struggles at T (many reps here d/t MM being out for 11v11)
McKivitz, Schlueter, Zakelj, Sutherland, West and Gutierrez are on the outside looking in

Not a warm fuzzy.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
I think it's hard to say until pre-season. Basing everything off of conjecture, different perspectives is difficult. Not to mention the players being put in various scenario will lead to unclear results.

For sure. I'll feel better when I can watch them with my own eyes. Either way we should start to get enough reports up through this week to get a general sense how things are shaping out.

Not a warm fuzzy.

If our annual pattern holds, two of these starters are going to go down too for some games so pay close attention to the backups too.

Problem here is most Tc reports are just homer fluff pieces and it's hard for me to take much stock into them. We don't ever really get the full picture of what's happening. . Once live action starts we will see. Pre season should show who can block
Great Barrows story just posted in The Athletic on how Trent took Burford and Poe under his wing this summer.

i initially heard he invited all rookies, but it reads more like Trent invited only Poe and Burford to Houston after scouting them in mini-camp.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 3, 2022 at 7:22 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Not a warm fuzzy.

If our annual pattern holds, two of these starters are going to go down too for some games so pay close attention to the backups too.

Agree, and two of the pre-season games are on astro-turf.🤬 💀

I'm not expecting perfect alignment. My point is there's always one guy who's camp reports are wildly inconsistent compared to every other guy out there. That said yesterdays reports were a bit all over lol
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Great Barrows story just posted in The Athletic on how Trent took Burford and Poe under his wing this summer.

i initially heard he invited all rookies, but it reads more like Trent invited only Poe and Burford to Houston after scouting them in mini-camp.

Game recognizes game
Share 49ersWebzone