There are 195 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
i was sort of joking.. why do you get so thin skinned over any critical even if they are meant in a non mean way on in regards to our team. i really do not think there is another team in the nfl that has so many unknowns and question marks with their offensive line.... and i bet there are few if any who have a major glaring hole at center and who has a young face of the franchise qb behind that center either

Bears are likely to start a journeyman in front of Fields. Jags have a rookie in front of Lawrence.
Thanks for the clip YAC. Great stuff esp. this part:

"(Pass) protection is the biggest thing..."

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Never heard of any of them

You never head off Jordan Millis?

Nope. Regardless, OL available and still on the street this late is usually trash anyways and will only be brought in to get through TC/Preseason
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wow. Enlightening. LOL
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 4, 2022 at 8:00 PM ]

Never heard of any of them

You never head off Jordan Millis?

Nope. Regardless, OL available and still on the street this late is usually trash anyways and will only be brought in to get through TC/Preseason

I am not sure if any of them are worth a damn. But here is some info on them if anyone is interested.

Jordan Mills- Age 31 - Has primarily played RT throughout his career. - Has started 87 games in his career(so a lot of games) - Started 3 games in 2021 for the Saints- The last time he started a full season was 2018 for Buffalo

Caleb Benenoch- Age 28- has played both tackle and guard- - Has Started 23 games in his career- Started one game for the Saints in 2021-The last time he started a full season was 2018 for Tampa Bay

Tyree St. Louis- Age 24- listed as a Tackle- Started two games in 2020 for the Chargers
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davidboutte:
obviously offensive line seems like a position we expected more of a splashy move. Be it a vet with some experience or perhaps an earlier pick. It seems the 2 gaurd spot have Banks and Burford looking like the potential answer. MM is one of 47 free agents next year. To me that spot will be addressed either directly or indirectly with a newcomer. I don't expect MM to get a 2nd contract. I'm not sure how much better he'll be at 10mil cap hit then some much cheaper options on the roster. But I would expect either an upgrade or investment at either center or RT next offseason. We may feel differently once the season plays out. Last year this time we were worried about CB. That concern was validated and the off-season brought ward, Verrett back, 2 draft picks, and UDFA's. A year late. Let's hope the OL plays out differently.

Mike Mcglinchy's *durability* is a question mark for me. I think he has good physical talent. He went 9th overall in 2018, but I think it was a time where durability on the 49ers squad wasn't emphasized. He's had injury issues in 2019 and last year. I think since it's his contract year, he's going to do well - I think he'll be another Laken in that sense. I think the only way 49ers retain him and offer him a second contract is if MM stays healthy this year *and* does well and improves the way Laken did in his contract year.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Wow. Enlightening. LOL

Under Kyle you'd expect, "Run blocking is the biggest thing."
From Football outsiders

Let's take Garoppolo, for example. He was pressured on 23.4% of his dropbacks, the eighth-lowest rate among 34 qualifying quarterbacks in 2021. So he was passing from a clean pocket about three-quarters of the time, and on those plays he was fantastic—his 64.7% DVOA was third best behind Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins. When pressure did arrive, however, Garoppolo's DVOA fell all the way to -95.4%, well below the league average of -74.0%. That's a drop of 160.1% in DVOA between pressured and non-pressured plays
From Football outsiders

Let's take Garoppolo, for example. He was pressured on 23.4% of his dropbacks, the eighth-lowest rate among 34 qualifying quarterbacks in 2021. So he was passing from a clean pocket about three-quarters of the time, and on those plays he was fantastic—his 64.7% DVOA was third best behind Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins. When pressure did arrive, however, Garoppolo's DVOA fell all the way to -95.4%, well below the league average of -74.0%. That's a drop of 160.1% in DVOA between pressured and non-pressured plays

Yup. We are moving on from a QB who cannot perform under pressure and we let go of the 2 weakest pass pro's on the line.

Every post is about Jimmy. I can't wait until he is gone and his fans follow.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea I've been so worried about the guard and center situation that I've just pretended that MM will be fine this year. Isn't it a contract year for him? Doesn't look like we've developed any depth behind him.

Burford will slide to RT from RG imo.

If the guy solidifies himself at RG why move him? We need some continuity not more musical chairs
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Every post is about Jimmy. I can't wait until he is gone and his fans follow.
it's like a cancer
Originally posted by Giedi:
obviously offensive line seems like a position we expected more of a splashy move. Be it a vet with some experience or perhaps an earlier pick. It seems the 2 gaurd spot have Banks and Burford looking like the potential answer. MM is one of 47 free agents next year. To me that spot will be addressed either directly or indirectly with a newcomer. I don't expect MM to get a 2nd contract. I'm not sure how much better he'll be at 10mil cap hit then some much cheaper options on the roster. But I would expect either an upgrade or investment at either center or RT next offseason. We may feel differently once the season plays out. Last year this time we were worried about CB. That concern was validated and the off-season brought ward, Verrett back, 2 draft picks, and UDFA's. A year late. Let's hope the OL plays out differently.

Mike Mcglinchy's *durability* is a question mark for me. I think he has good physical talent. He went 9th overall in 2018, but I think it was a time where durability on the 49ers squad wasn't emphasized. He's had injury issues in 2019 and last year. I think since it's his contract year, he's going to do well - I think he'll be another Laken in that sense. I think the only way 49ers retain him and offer him a second contract is if MM stays healthy this year *and* does well and improves the way Laken did in his contract year.

I agree on all of this. To me for a top 10 pick he's been a disappointment. He's likely gonna wanna cash in best he can. Like Laken I'd guess he walks or rather we let him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I agree on all of this. To me for a top 10 pick he's been a disappointment. He's likely gonna wanna cash in best he can. Like Laken I'd guess he walks or rather we let him.

Yup, I wish he was Trent Williams 2.0, but he's more like a Laken Tomlinson without the durability.
Share 49ersWebzone