49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
This is super concerning to me.

T Mike McGlinchey

The veteran offensive lineman is dealing with some knee irritation.

"McGlinchey, he ended up irritating the inside of his knee," Shanahan said. "The good news is was his surgical repair, and all the stuff he did this offseason was good. But he had some slight irritation in his knee, so we're going to have to be smart with him this week. I'll be surprised if he does anything in Minnesota."

And I was just saying yesterday how impressed I was that he was even playing.

I'm ok with Brunskill at Right Tackle if McGlinchey can't make the 53 due to durability issues. What I'm hoping for is one of the young draftees step up and beat McGlinchey to the right tackle starting spot. Maybe Nick Zakelj? Let's see how he does at Right Tackle if McGlinchey is out for a while.

he played well i think this is just limiting him and being smart to avoid any reinjury.

T Mike McGlinchey

"McGlinchey, he ended up irritating the inside of his knee," Shanahan said. "The good news is was his surgical repair, and all the stuff he did this offseason was good. But he had some slight irritation in his knee, so we're going to have to be smart with him this week. I'll be surprised if he does anything in Minnesota."

I'm ok with Brunskill at Right Tackle if McGlinchey can't make the 53 due to durability issues. What I'm hoping for is one of the young draftees step up and beat McGlinchey to the right tackle starting spot. Maybe Nick Zakelj? Let's see how he does at Right Tackle if McGlinchey is out for a while.

Jordan Mills has that inside track right now. I think we've seen enough of Skule and McKivitz. They are just late round players who don't have much talent or versatility, unfortunately.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 14, 2022 at 12:26 PM ]

They aren't cutting a guy with a guaranteed contract.
Jordan Willis has that inside track right now. I think we've seen enough of Skule and McKivitz. They are just late round players who don't have much talent or versatility, unfortunately.

See you are so O Line obsessed you think anyone can play tackle.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
They aren't cutting a guy with a guaranteed contract.

hes too good to cut

he may not live up to the draft status of a top 10 pick but he is still an above average RT we can do far worse
You meant Mills?
  • thl408
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I don't know who he was blocking on those reps but not bad.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I don't know who he was blocking on those reps but not bad.

I think the first guy is Devonte Wyatt, who was drafted in the 1st rd. Stud DT from Georgia. Think the other reps are vs later rd rookies
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'll leave it up to the coaches to evaluate how the O line played. They problem is that in pre season games units like the O line and D line rarely face the other teams best players. There is no game planning and everything is pretty basic.

I've watched a ton of football in my life but I'm not able to evaluate a 1st string O lineman against a 2nd or 3rd string D lineman in the first pre season game.

Good points. You just hope that what you see now carries over to the regular season in such a manner where these guys win more battles than they lose

Jordan Willis has that inside track right now. I think we've seen enough of Skule and McKivitz. They are just late round players who don't have much talent or versatility, unfortunately.

LMAO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

LMAO.

when nc is not obsessing he is s**tting on it all
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
You meant Mills?

No. Jordan Willis is converting to T now before he gets cut at DE. Haha.

T Mike McGlinchey

It seems like 10 years ago Brunskill played T.
Share 49ersWebzone