• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
How did the boys hold up today? And who were the boys?

Yes. I am interested in how well the 3 B's played today.
Looks like is was the expected starting line up minus MM for McKivitz
I'll guess that Brendal played well but not so for Burford, Banks and Mckivtz.

They need to stop forcing McKivitz. The dude blows. And Skule is even worse.

Thanks for the synopsis.

Yea it's like instead of bringing in a swing tackle they just are gonna force a s**tty guard to be the swing tackle

Seriously!

I know Zakelj is a project player, but I love his athleticism, i hope they try him at Right Tackle and see how badly (or goodly) he does. I'd rather have talent with not much experience on the OLine, than experience with no talant.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
per Grant, Brendel got beat by a 3rd string DT.

Let's see if they adjust and play better tomorrow now that they know they got their asses kicked. Man up.

Also said Jason Poe looks great. Super athletic and his size gives him leverage all day. Get him reps at center god damnit!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Let's see if they adjust and play better tomorrow now that they know they got their asses kicked. Man up.

Also said Jason Poe looks great. Super athletic and his size gives him leverage all day. Get him reps at center god damnit!

Don't talk about me or my son… ever again.

I was just saying he and Mills played the whole time together on the right side last game and they both looked really solid. God I hate moving players around right out of college. It's hard enough as it is. C with his leverage and quickness would be huge.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 17, 2022 at 12:49 PM ]
It was said during 11 on 11's we gave up 4 would be sacks. Not good
I was just saying he and Mills played the whole time together on the right side last game and they both looked really solid. God I hate moving players around right out of college. It's hard enough as it is. C with his leverage and quickness would be huge.

I mean he played RG in college. C would be brand new for him and I get the mental understanding that comes with it BUT it's not like we got some game ready stud center in front of him
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Not bad in my book, if they played the backup tackles and the rookie interior linemen against the Vikings 1's.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Don't talk about me or my son… ever again.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Not bad in my book, if they played the backup tackles and the rookie interior linemen against the Vikings 1's.

I mean outside of no McG that is our starters for the year...that's not good IMO. I also don't count two hand touch as a sack...Trey will move enough to make it harder to "sack" him then getting a hand on him.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 17, 2022 at 1:00 PM ]

I mean he played RG in college. C would be brand new for him and I get the mental understanding that comes with it BUT it's not like we got some game ready stud center in front of him

My bad. I thought his natural position was C in college. He looks very quick out of his breaks. Uses his leverage really well.

Only back up that started was McKivitz.

I mean outside of no McG that is our starters for the year...that's not good IMO. I also don't count two hand touch as a sack...Trey will move enough to make it harder to "sack" him then getting a hand on him.

Who gave up the pressures or would be sacks?
If MM can't make it back in time for week 1 they should move Burford to RT. Easier to find someone on our roster to play guard than it is to find someone to play RT. I think this team has alot of guys that can play guard and be serviceable. Brunskill if he gets healthy has played RG, He played it last season. Jaylon Moore can play guard. Colton who is not good as a RT is more of a guard. I would try Burford out at RT against the Vikings on Saturday. Kyle should also try Poe out at center in that game. Though I think it's going to be Zakell who plays center on Saturday.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Welp, I'd be concerned if Trent gave up some pressures. But if the sacks came from the rookie interior and/or McKivitz, then they have a good chance to develop as the season progresses. In other words, I fully expect the OLine to struggle the first 3 or 4 games - but if they have talent, after 3 or 4 games they should be reducing those numbers a good bit. McGlinchy and the knee irritation is a concern - got to get some cross training at the Right Tackles just in case McGlinchy's issues are more serious than indicated.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Only back up that started was McKivitz.

Colton is a 5th round pick, so I'm hoping he's another diamond in the rough that will develop into an all pro Tackle. If he has real talent, all he needs is more reps, like Trey. Hope hope.
Share 49ersWebzone