There are 114 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They can keep banging their heads against a wall with Brunskill who has looked lost all preseason or you know....

Theres a reason multiple teams who are desperate for center help (including Cleveland!!!) haven't signed him
We'll be paying MM 10m this year. Brunskill 2.5m. I'm praying Banks and Brendal can simply hold their spot adequately. Burford looks solid longterm. We didn't spend in free agency, we waited till the 4th. Next offseason we're likely gonna have to invest here. This year it's our biggest issue. The concept of breaking in a new QB with all these questions upfront seems questionable at best.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davidboutte:
We'll be paying MM 10m this year. Brunskill 2.5m. I'm praying Banks and Brendal can simply hold their spot adequately. Burford looks solid longterm. We didn't spend in free agency, we waited till the 4th. Next offseason we're likely gonna have to invest here. This year it's our biggest issue. The concept of breaking in a new QB with all these questions upfront seems questionable at best.

Well, if I was Kyle, I definitely would want to keep Trey healthy. That starts with a good OLine that can protect Trey. I think it's interesting that after drafting Trey, ShanaLynch has invested two offensive line draft picks every year that Trey has been with Kyle. Prior to that - with Jimmy - He's not invested more than one OLine draft pick every year. On top of that - during the Jimmy era - other than McGlinchey, the other picks were day 3 OLine picks. That all changed with Trey being drafted. I don't think that will change next year either. I think Kyle will use two draft picks, again next year for the OLine - Until he's satisfied that he has an OLine worthy of Trey Lance's ability.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They can keep banging their heads against a wall with Brunskill who has looked lost all preseason or you know....

Freaking owners don´t want Tretter because he wants a full guaranteed contract.
Sucks bc we need him. We haven't had good to great pass pro forever. TB, Cle and us all need a C.
So, is it time to start worrying a bit about the OL and PP?
Originally posted by NCommand:
lol, not even close

I don't know. Its hard to tell at this point. We have been able to watch 1 game thus far with no TW and a limited amount of snaps for MM. Burford did give up a lot pressures in his first outing but AB and JB looked decent in PP. I would like to see all 5 of our starters play together before I pass any judgement.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 19, 2022 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol, not even close

No? Love the optimism. Any thoughts on why you feel this way? Still too early? We only have 22 days left until kickoff.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Past time.

MM is going to take time to get back to pre-injury form. I hope they're just keeping him out as a precaution. All of our current back-up tackles outside of Jordan Mills doesn't seem to hold up very well, and I'm thinking he's not getting reps with the 1s because he's still learning how to run-block. Yeah PP is a concern when fans on the Vikes site remarked how their DL "torched" the 49ers OL. Hunter and Smith ran wild. Saturday should be interesting.

~10 sacks in 2 days.

Lance ISN'T playing righ? RIGHT?

No, it's been confirmed he's not playing. In fact, it sounds like not many will play this game at all.

I was excited after the first game even with the regular pressures but I'm a bit concerned with that pattern after both Viking practices. A trend might be starting even though we should expect to see early season struggles while the OL gels...if it gels (and it should, barring injuries).
Originally posted by YACBros85:

I don't know. Its hard to tell at this point. We have been able to watch 1 game thus far with no TW and a limited amount of snaps for MM. Burford did give up a lot pressures in his first outing but AB and JB looked decent in PP. I would like to see all 5 of our starters play together before I pass any judgement.

Trun true. I listen to a ton of podcasts and that's definitely been the #1 concern and stated observation but it's still challenging for us fans as we see so little still. The MM health issue is concerning...really want to see these starting 5 get as much time together as possible. They need it!

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Past time.

MM is going to take time to get back to pre-injury form. I hope they're just keeping him out as a precaution. All of our current back-up tackles outside of Jordan Mills doesn't seem to hold up very well, and I'm thinking he's not getting reps with the 1s because he's still learning how to run-block. Yeah PP is a concern when fans on the Vikes site remarked how their DL "torched" the 49ers OL. Hunter and Smith ran wild. Saturday should be interesting.

~10 sacks in 2 days.

Lance ISN'T playing righ? RIGHT?

No, it's been confirmed he's not playing. In fact, it sounds like not many will play this game at all.

I was excited after the first game even with the regular pressures but I'm a bit concerned with that pattern after both Viking practices. A trend might be starting even though we should expect to see early season struggles while the OL gels...if it gels (and it should, barring injuries).

OL needs all of the starters aside from TW on the field on Sat. They need the reps to build chemistry and gain confidence/experience. The line is young and inexperienced.
MM sucks. Time to put a RT that can PP in his place.

Trun true. I listen to a ton of podcasts and that's definitely been the #1 concern and stated observation but it's still challenging for us fans as we see so little still. The MM health issue is concerning...really want to see these starting 5 get as much time together as possible. They need it!

Yea. Its hard to gel if they aren't all playing together. Who do you think steps in if MM isn't ready to go week 1?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol, not even close

No? Love the optimism. Any thoughts on why you feel this way? Still too early? We only have 22 days left until kickoff.
it's not optimism. it's just there is nothing to go off except the last game and they weren't terrible. the OL is still not the final product and it's still a waiting game
Originally posted by TD49ers:
OL needs all of the starters aside from TW on the field on Sat. They need the reps to build chemistry and gain confidence/experience. The line is young and inexperienced.
MM sucks. Time to put a RT that can PP in his place.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Mills starting at RT to see how he does with TW, AB, JB and SB.
Yea. Its hard to gel if they aren't all playing together. Who do you think steps in if MM isn't ready to go week 1?

I have to believe its Mills as Brunskill has been stuck at C and Moore has been shelved with injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone