There are 203 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's not optimism. it's just there is nothing to go off except the last game and they weren't terrible. the OL is still not the final product and it's still a waiting game

Gotcha.
Originally posted by NCommand:
it's not optimism. it's just there is nothing to go off except the last game and they weren't terrible. the OL is still not the final product and it's still a waiting game

Gotcha.

Its blind faith.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Gotcha.

Its blind faith.

Partially blind.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Yea. Its hard to gel if they aren't all playing together. Who do you think steps in if MM isn't ready to go week 1?

I have to believe its Mills as Brunskill has been stuck at C and Moore has been shelved with injuries.

Imagine having this roster and then this line lol

Gotcha.

Its blind faith.
blind? the film is there.. and we aren't terrible so far.

but go ahead and panic for no reason
Pass protection is a legit concern for sure, but I'm wondering how well new members of this line will be at run blocking. If they aren't close to the run blocking efficiency of last year's line, I think the offense will be in big trouble because then the opposing defenses will be able to t-off that much more on passing plays - especially if the offense keeps getting into 3rd and long situations because of a lack of an efficient running game.

Does anyone have a sense yet how well this line shapes up on run blocking?

Gotcha.

Its blind faith.

Not panicking but you have 3 rookie/very inexperienced interior players at G/C and a RT that sucks when he is healthy and is current still hobbling. Oooooh, and we have our high priced rookie QB to protect. One more thing, the center position is highly relied upon in a Shany offense. Concerned for sure........optimistic is much too rosy.

Gotcha.

Its blind faith.

Not panicking but you have 3 rookie/very inexperienced interior players at G/C and a RT that sucks when he is healthy and is current still hobbling. Oooooh, and we have our high priced rookie QB to protect. One more thing, the center position is highly relied upon in a Shany offense. Concerned for sure........optimistic is much too rosy.
This reads like panicking
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you missed the memo.. if you are concerned .... you are panicking and a hater
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Pass protection is a legit concern for sure, but I'm wondering how well new members of this line will be at run blocking. If they aren't close to the run blocking efficiency of last year's line, I think the offense will be in big trouble because then the opposing defenses will be able to t-off that much more on passing plays - especially if the offense keeps getting into 3rd and long situations because of a lack of an efficient running game.

This is no joke! I only have the pre season to go on but the IZ, gap and power seemed really solid. OZ was your standard boom (big gain) or bust (loss of yards). I did notice almost all of the big runs came behind the Poe and Mills on the right side.

Originally posted by cciowa:

do you not know what panic means ?

Gotcha.

Its blind faith.

This reads like panicking

Not sure when the cross over from concerned to panicking begins. I will admit, I am on nudging closer to panicking then to quote the Lego movie "Everything is Awesome"
[ Edited by TD49ers on Aug 19, 2022 at 8:36 AM ]

This is no joke! I only have the pre season to go on but the IZ, gap and power seemed really solid. OZ was your standard boom (big gain) or bust (loss of yards). I did notice almost all of the big runs came behind the Poe and Mills on the right side.

It seems like Shanahan's offense leans heavily on a strong run game (see 2019 postseason) so good line run blocking is crucial. I hope your basically positive initial impression holds true during the season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

do you not know what panic means ?
uhm,,, you are the one running around accusing everyone of being in a blind state of panic when we express any sort of concern about the o line

It seems like Shanahan's offense leans heavily on a strong run game (see 2019 postseason) so good line run blocking is crucial. I hope your basically positive initial impression holds true during the season.

Me too. I watch the run blocking probably more than PP for the reason you noted. But now that we have new personnel, I watch both pretty equally.

Hopefully AB, JB, SB, Poe and Mills get quite a few more snaps this game to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone