There are 138 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Not panicking but you have 3 rookie/very inexperienced interior players at G/C and a RT that sucks when he is healthy and is current still hobbling. Oooooh, and we have our high priced rookie QB to protect. One more thing, the center position is highly relied upon in a Shany offense. Concerned for sure........optimistic is much too rosy.

you missed the memo.. if you are concerned .... you are panicking and a hater
do you not know what panic means ?
uhm,,, you are the one running around accusing everyone of being in a blind state of panic when we express any sort of concern about the o line
so you don't... do you even know what NC said to start this ?

you just post without even reading whats being discussed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Not panicking but you have 3 rookie/very inexperienced interior players at G/C and a RT that sucks when he is healthy and is current still hobbling. Oooooh, and we have our high priced rookie QB to protect. One more thing, the center position is highly relied upon in a Shany offense. Concerned for sure........optimistic is much too rosy.

uhm,,, you are the one running around accusing everyone of being in a blind state of panic when we express any sort of concern about the o line

i was responding to td with my opinion. because the man said nothing wrong

i was responding to td with my opinion. because the man said nothing wrong
lol you have me concerned
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
They can keep banging their heads against a wall with Brunskill who has looked lost all preseason or you know....

Freaking owners don´t want Tretter because he wants a full guaranteed contract.

Just out of curiosity, what is Tretter demanding?
I heard Tretter's knees were bad. If his knees are bad and he is asking for a fully guaranteed contract, no thank you.
Originally posted by NCommand:
No, it's been confirmed he's not playing. In fact, it sounds like not many will play this game at all.

I was excited after the first game even with the regular pressures but I'm a bit concerned with that pattern after both Viking practices. A trend might be starting even though we should expect to see early season struggles while the OL gels...if it gels (and it should, barring injuries).

I believe you just answered your own question
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
iOriginally posted by Hoovtrain:
No, it's been confirmed he's not playing. In fact, it sounds like not many will play this game at all.

I was excited after the first game even with the regular pressures but I'm a bit concerned with that pattern after both Viking practices. A trend might be starting even though we should expect to see early season struggles while the OL gels...if it gels (and it should, barring injuries).

i just hope trey does not pay the price of the line jelling
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Maybe the O-line just needs time?

It's really just a matter of degree, though. If they can keep the offense functional 'while' gelling, we're good. And then it's about hitting their strides and maintaining consistency at a higher level.

If guys like MM can't play and the pressure rate remains as high as it has thus far, it could render our offense useless.

That's where the concern lies.
It's really just a matter of degree, though. If they can keep the offense functional 'while' gelling, we're good. And then it's about hitting their strides and maintaining consistency at a higher level.

If guys like MM can't play and the pressure rate remains as high as it has thus far, it could render our offense useless.

Offense wasn't useless against Minnesota though. They made plays. That's the advantage of the big play, you don't need the 15 play drive to get points.

If our defense is as good as we think it will be, we can just run the ball 75% of the time and throw screens and checkdowns the other 25%.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

If our defense is as good as we think it will be, we can just run the ball 75% of the time and throw screens and checkdowns the other 25%.

Haha true!
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Offense wasn't useless against Minnesota though. They made plays. That's the advantage of the big play, you don't need the 15 play drive to get points.

That's true too. It could be fail, fail then BAM, 76 yard TD on 3rd down.

What we have to this point is
-an OL that showed improvements, both in PP and RB, from beginning to end of internal TC
-looked decent in 1st preseason game
-having some struggles this week in joint practices. Which seems to also be exacerbated by folks using a Viking fan forum as a soundboard lol
-MM having knee "irritation" which is a legitimate concern, because by all accounts he looked great prior to being shelved and he's had knee issues in past. I do not want to see McKivitz as the starting RT, but sounds like he's next man up
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Thats what we've been doing throughout the entire Jimmy G era.
Share 49ersWebzone