Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
R E L A X lol

tryin
Originally posted by NCommand:
True true!

What you saw was each of the 3 QB's escaping the pressures! That's new, huh? But that also means pressure usually came from one area vs. the collective turnstile we're used to seeing. So while it was high there was still a place to step to which is great.

You sound like you're just used to our pressure rates over the years. Haha. Let's hope that changes this year for Trey's sake.

Not just escaping the pressure but actually feeling it coming. Be nice to have a qb with real pocket presence. Haven't had it since Jeff Garcia.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
True true!

What you saw was each of the 3 QB's escaping the pressures! That's new, huh? But that also means pressure usually came from one area vs. the collective turnstile we're used to seeing. So while it was high there was still a place to step to which is great.

You sound like you're just used to our pressure rates over the years. Haha. Let's hope that changes this year for Trey's sake.

Not just escaping the pressure but actually feeling it coming. Be nice to have a qb with real pocket presence. Haven't had it since Jeff Garcia.

No question about it. YAC and I have talked about that re: Trey quite a bit. That's hard to "teach."
True true!

Trey, in his limited action, has shown to have this trait.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
TBF, our own sources and pods have confirmed the OL struggles too in both practices and we had a high pressure rate in the GB game too.

But the rest of what you said is spot on.

I'm still not coming close to the panic level but the initial concerns haven't been alleviated yet...consistent.

I said they struggled in joint practices. My point was using a fan forum as a point of reference is silly.
i didn't see a high pressure rate in GB. I did see that AB and JB gave up 0 pressures in their stint and that's key to me. Buford gave up some pressure, but that's to be expected. Frankly, unless pressures are happening every single play and adversely impacting the offense, I don't give a s**t. You could make the argument QBs are always under pressure . I just don't want to see the QB getting the s**t kicked out of him.

True true!

You have to be encouraged by Burfords run blocking at least. Which again... run blocking is my biggest concern. Without our run game it wont matter how proficient we are in pass protection. Trey would struggle.

All of the OL. I was very curious how they'd do inside more too. This was the most encouraging take away for me after the GB game.
True true!

Lol no, but that's what is now the talking point since QB hits and sacks are no longer applicable
Originally posted by cciowa:
I said they struggled in joint practices. My point was using a fan forum as a point of reference is silly.
i didn't see a high pressure rate in GB. I did see that AB and JB gave up 0 pressures in their stint and that's key to me. Buford gave up some pressure, but that's to be expected. Frankly, unless pressures are happening every single play and adversely impacting the offense, I don't give a s**t. You could make the argument QBs are always under pressure . I just don't want to see the QB getting the s**t kicked out of him.

Couple of the pressures that Burford gave up he recovered and pushed his man past the qb as well.
Exactly and that's some context that goes into what constitutes a pressure. I'm not acting like I think all is fine and dandy with the OL, but to ring the panic bell at this point is not something I'm going to do.

hoov is a calming influence in cc's world of multiple personalities . takes a long time for me to fill out my name tags

😂
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Theres a reason multiple teams who are desperate for center help (including Cleveland!!!) haven't signed him

I'll take Tretter practicing once a month and on one and a half knees over who they are throwing out at center currently.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Theres a reason multiple teams who are desperate for center help (including Cleveland!!!) haven't signed him

I'll take Tretter practicing once a month and on one and a half knees over who they are throwing out at center currently.

What have you seen from Brendel thus far that has you so down on him?
Originally posted by YACBros85:

His shotgun snaps wobble.

True true!

Lol no, but that's what is now the talking point since QB hits and sacks are no longer applicable

Well you can't have hits and sacks without pressures.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

LMAO!
  • thl408
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

LMAO!

NC,

While watching that new Burford breakdown, I saw MM have a bad rep on the only OZ run on his play side. He never saw number 58 until it was too late.I don't know what he was asked to do on that play. His eyes were looking to double team on the outside and didn't see the linebacker coming up to plug the hole. I also saw, I think McKivitz at LT and Kroft at TE on those OZ runs to the left. There was no Trent, Juice or Kittle on those plays to the left. Not to mention no Deebo or Aikuy who are also tasked with run blocking on the outside on those plays.

The fact that we have great interior run blockers is going to go along way this season. As you pointed out there were some good inside zone and power plays against GB. We could find our squad having the ability to be really good on the inside and as well as outside left. Maybe outside right if we can get that RT position figured out.

I am going to have to go back and read who you said you think should fill in if MM and JM aren't ready to go by week 1. I want to see how well they performed against GB.

If the run game is versatile and can beat defenses multiple ways, it will keep defenses off balance. Perhaps enough to where playaction rollouts are a potential for big plays and PP isn't a large dose of drop back on 3rd and long and pray every possession.

Trey's best attribute is rolling out and throwing on the run. I would also go as far as to say, he is more accurate throwing the run than he is standing in the pocket. Sorry, didn't mean to move off of the O line topic.
True true!

Well you can't have hits and sacks without pressures.

Ha!
Share 49ersWebzone