There are 150 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
TBF, our own sources and pods have confirmed the OL struggles too in both practices and we had a high pressure rate in the GB game too.

But the rest of what you said is spot on.

I'm still not coming close to the panic level but the initial concerns haven't been alleviated yet...consistent.

I said they struggled in joint practices. My point was using a fan forum as a point of reference is silly.
i didn't see a high pressure rate in GB. I did see that AB and JB gave up 0 pressures in their stint and that's key to me. Buford gave up some pressure, but that's to be expected. Frankly, unless pressures are happening every single play and adversely impacting the offense, I don't give a s**t. You could make the argument QBs are always under pressure . I just don't want to see the QB getting the s**t kicked out of him.

Good grief it wasn't just fan forums its almost universal on Twitter, YouTube and reporting. If a meteor was crashing to earth Hoov you'd be like "ah well it's just rocks, so.."

So....you still think we're drafting Mac Jones ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
TBF, our own sources and pods have confirmed the OL struggles too in both practices and we had a high pressure rate in the GB game too.

I'm still not coming close to the panic level but the initial concerns haven't been alleviated yet...consistent.

I said they struggled in joint practices. My point was using a fan forum as a point of reference is silly.
i didn't see a high pressure rate in GB. I did see that AB and JB gave up 0 pressures in their stint and that's key to me. Buford gave up some pressure, but that's to be expected. Frankly, unless pressures are happening every single play and adversely impacting the offense, I don't give a s**t. You could make the argument QBs are always under pressure . I just don't want to see the QB getting the s**t kicked out of him.

Good grief it wasn't just fan forums its almost universal on Twitter, YouTube and reporting. If a meteor was crashing to earth Hoov you'd be like "ah well it's just rocks, so.."

You need to not smoke before posting bro.

I say you should take a toke before, during and after posting.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

You need to not smoke before posting bro.
if you didn;t get what i posted, than who is really smoking

Nah you went over to get an unbiased perspective lol
Last thing I would ever do was have someone come to this site to get an unbiased opinion. You basically went and crowd sourced q bunch of NC's and GM's 😂
Originally posted by YACBros85:
NC,

While watching that new Burford breakdown, I saw MM have a bad rep on the only OZ run on his play side. He never saw number 58 until it was too late.I don't know what he was asked to do on that play. His eyes were looking to double team on the outside and didn't see the linebacker coming up to plug the hole. I also saw, I think McKivitz at LT and Kroft at TE on those OZ runs to the left. There was no Trent, Juice or Kittle on those plays to the left. Not to mention no Deebo or Aikuy who are also tasked with run blocking on the outside on those plays.

The fact that we have great interior run blockers is going to go along way this season. As you pointed out there were some good inside zone and power plays against GB. We could find our squad having the ability to be really good on the inside and as well as outside left. Maybe outside right if we can get that RT position figured out.

I am going to have to go back and read who you said you think should fill in if MM and JM aren't ready to go by week 1. I want to see how well they performed against GB.

If the run game is versatile and can beat defenses multiple ways, it will keep defenses off balance. Perhaps enough to where playaction rollouts are a potential for big plays and PP isn't a large dose of drop back on 3rd and long and pray every possession.

Trey's best attribute is rolling out and throwing on the run. I would also go as far as to say, he is more accurate throwing the run than he is standing in the pocket. Sorry, didn't mean to move off of the O line topic.

Nice!

I want to say you are spot on on the team blocking on those OZ plays. That's why they are so boom or bust. So you bet your ass having all of those guys back in there, we should see far better results.

But no doubt, being able to change gears inside and counter with OZ and mix and match will be huge. Note too, the short yardage plays were better.

Yeah with Trey's athleticism and ability to see and play well on the move, you could do rolling pockets and all sorts of fun things if the PP is struggling.

The guy to watch is #50 Jordan Mills (RT). He and Poe played well together. Note how many bigger runs were off these two. JM is a bigger wide bodied guy but his feet are pretty quick. He got a false start but overall played a really solid game. Don't be surprised if he's the #1 in tomorrow's game. That will be a great test against their DL.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2022 at 5:48 PM ]
Nah you went over to get an unbiased perspective lol
Last thing I would ever do was have someone come to this site to get an unbiased opinion. You basically went and crowd sourced q bunch of NC's and GM's 😂

But that's just it - I wasn't going for an unbiased opinion for that quote. I know, I know, skip Twitter, YouTube and articles - only focus on 1/18th for what was posted.
I guess I'll just boost your posts on the positive-only video links of camp in NT.

Lol positivity only? I and the beat writers saiid OL has struggled in joint practices. You take that as Homer fluff and felt the need to go to a Viking forum to get the true unbiased takes 🤣
Lol positivity only? I and the beat writers saiid OL has struggled in joint practices. You take that as Homer fluff and felt the need to go to a Viking forum to get the true unbiased takes 🤣

It's cuz you don't have an agenda Hoov.
NC,

While watching that new Burford breakdown, I saw MM have a bad rep on the only OZ run on his play side. He never saw number 58 until it was too late.I don't know what he was asked to do on that play. His eyes were looking to double team on the outside and didn't see the linebacker coming up to plug the hole. I also saw, I think McKivitz at LT and Kroft at TE on those OZ runs to the left. There was no Trent, Juice or Kittle on those plays to the left. Not to mention no Deebo or Aikuy who are also tasked with run blocking on the outside on those plays.

The fact that we have great interior run blockers is going to go along way this season. As you pointed out there were some good inside zone and power plays against GB. We could find our squad having the ability to be really good on the inside and as well as outside left. Maybe outside right if we can get that RT position figured out.

I am going to have to go back and read who you said you think should fill in if MM and JM aren't ready to go by week 1. I want to see how well they performed against GB.

If the run game is versatile and can beat defenses multiple ways, it will keep defenses off balance. Perhaps enough to where playaction rollouts are a potential for big plays and PP isn't a large dose of drop back on 3rd and long and pray every possession.

Trey's best attribute is rolling out and throwing on the run. I would also go as far as to say, he is more accurate throwing the run than he is standing in the pocket. Sorry, didn't mean to move off of the O line topic.

Nice!

I want to say you are spot on on the team blocking on those OZ plays. That's why they are so boom or bust. So you bet your ass having all of those guys back in there, we should see far better results.

But no doubt, being able to change gears inside and counter with OZ and mix and match will be huge. Note too, the short yardage plays were better.

Yeah with Trey's athleticism and ability to see and play well on the move, you could do rolling pockets and all sorts of fun things if the PP is struggling.

The guy to watch is #50 Jordan Mills (RT). He and Poe played well together. Note how many bigger runs were off these two. JM is a bigger wide bodied guy but his feet are pretty quick. He got a false start but overall played a really solid game. Don't be surprised if he's the #1 in tomorrow's game. That will be a great test against their DL.

I just finished watching Jordan Mills against GB. He had a few nice run blocking reps. Mostly, he was very underwhelming to me. Lets see what he does tomorrow. At this point, I really hope either MM or JM can come back before week 1.
NC,

Nice!

I just finished watching Jordan Mills against GB. He had a few nice run blocking reps. Mostly, he was very underwhelming to me. Lets see what he does tomorrow. At this point, I really hope either MM or JM can come back before week 1.

Yeah solid performance given he's only been here a couple weeks. Definitely better then Skule and McKivitz who are incredibly disappointing at this stage of their careers. Me too...looking forward to seeing if Jaylon Moore has improved at all at RT (although I think he's a G). MM...ugh...all about health. Hope this round of PRP injections help.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 20, 2022 at 4:16 AM ]
The OL aside from LT is looking like a giant mess. I don't know why we didn't do more in the offseason to address this. I hope Lynch and KS know a lot more than we do because right now this is looking very concerning.

NC,

Nice!

Yeah solid performance given he's only been here a couple weeks. Definitely better then Skule and McKivitz who are incredibly disappointing at this stage of their careers. Me too...looking forward to seeing if Jaylon Moore has improved at all at RT (although I think he's a G). MM...ugh...all about health. Hope this round of PRP injections help.

He did look better than Skule and McKivitz. I'll give you that. I was probably being a little too dramatic when I said very underwhelming. Its just that it looked like he wasn't asked to do much in PP on a majority of his snaps. A lot of the time the guy he was assigned to block did not really engage him. The defender would kind of sit back as if they were anticipating the QB rolling out to that side. In which the QB's were rolling out to that side a lot in that game. The one or two times where he did have to hold up, he was pushed back. You are right, we just picked him up on 8/6 so he probably needs some time to adjust to this offense.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 20, 2022 at 5:20 AM ]
NC,

Nice!

He did look better than Skule and McKivitz. I'll give you that. I was probably being a little too dramatic when I said very underwhelming. Its just that it looked like he wasn't asked to do much in PP on a majority of his snaps. A lot of the time the guy he was assigned to block did not really engage him. The defender would kind of sit back as if they were anticipating the QB rolling out to that side. In which the QB's were rolling out to that side a lot in that game. The one or two times where he did have to hold up, he was pushed back. You are right, we just picked him up on 8/6 so he probably needs some time to adjust to this offense.

Good eye on the PP!

Yeah let's watch him more closely tonight and see if he gets more PP sets. We need to keep an eye on him in case McGlinchey and Moore aren't ready. I'm curious to see if they start trying Brunskill out at T again too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 20, 2022 at 7:43 AM ]
NC,

Nice!

Good eye on the PP!

Yeah let's watch him more closely tonight and see if he gets more PP sets. We need to keep an eye on him in case McGlinchey and Moore aren't ready. I'm curious to see if they start trying Brunskill out at T again too.

They might want to just in case. Folks say Brunskill put up his best performances at OT, so why not? I also read that they were trying someone else out at C during joint practices this week. So look out for that tonight.
Lol the "agenda"? Hahahaha? I mean what does my agenda get me? Bragging rights in NT? You guys are hilarious. YouRube channel? Nope. Twitter feed? Nope. Followers? Not at all. I'm not running for "Most Accurate 49er Fan" (is that a thing?).

Now the truth, I really have a secret agenda to influence the team through message boards because I have source information that the team reads all our posts.

From now on, I'll own that with #Agenda! 😂😂😂

Okay seriously tho. Whether y'all want to admit it, the OL is a hot mess outside a couple of bright spots. There's just too much evidence out there from too many folks who have been at camp and I'm talking interviews not just tweets. Whether you believe it or not makes no difference to me really.

Keep those fingers crossed
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Aug 20, 2022 at 8:38 AM ]
But since other teams care about the o line so much more and have so much more depth I guess I didn't actually watch the Rams backup o line give up 6 sacks in the first half to the freaking Texans.
Share 49ersWebzone