There are 199 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I like Poe making the team, not only a pretty good OLineman but hopefully can play as a fullback a la Refrigerator Perry on short yardage and goal line situations.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

i was traveling so couldnt see the game i will catch it on replay but how did OL look?

from what ive been reading on twitter starters looked good depth looked bad especially at T similar to first game
Poe is clearly better than Banks at RG.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Banks is our starting LG. Burford is our starting RG. Due to his height, I'd love to see if Poe could snap a ball. He could be a great anchor in the middle of the line because he's so hard to get under.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Banks is our starting LG. Burford is our starting RG. Due to his height, I'd love to see if Poe could snap a ball. He could be a great anchor in the middle of the line because he's so hard to get under.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Mills ain't the answer at swing OT. McKivitz is going to keep it by default.

Yup. Could be Moore too. Watching around the league swing tackle is a huge hole among the vast majority.

Mills showed contrary to mistaken belief a vet isn't always better.

LOL. You're keeping tabs on every swing T in the NFL?

McKivitz is our veteran and he blows too. We're in serious trouble if MM can't go...and/or TW gets dinged up again.

Jaylon wasn't doing very well before the injury. Yikes alert. They better get Brunskill reps at T stat.
Originally posted by ritz126:
i was traveling so couldnt see the game i will catch it on replay but how did OL look?

from what ive been reading on twitter starters looked good depth looked bad especially at T similar to first game

Hard to say. Banks and Burford played a lot again but next to scrubs. Mills played the entire game and it wasn't pretty. Poe had a couple flashes late.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yup. Could be Moore too. Watching around the league swing tackle is a huge hole among the vast majority.

McKivitz is our veteran and he blows too. We're in serious trouble if MM can't go...and/or TW gets dinged up again.

Jaylon wasn't doing very well before the injury. Yikes alert. They better get Brunskill reps at T stat.

Yea. I am officially concerned because of that RT spot. If MM can't go, we may be in some serious trouble. I wonder if Burford would be the answer at RT and have Brunskill stay inside? I have seen Burford several times on pass snaps lead his man outside even though he was initially pushed back on the play. That is what you want from a tackle, is it not?
Originally posted by ritz126:

Hard to say. Banks and Burford played a lot again but next to scrubs. Mills played the entire game and it wasn't pretty. Poe had a couple flashes late.

Don't forget southerland at C. I don't know why folks are so down on Brendel. Brendel may not be an upgrade to Mack but he certainly isn't a downgrade.

Originally posted by YACBros85:

Yea. I am officially concerned because of that RT spot. If MM can't go, we may be in some serious trouble. I wonder if Burford would be the answer at RT and have Brunskill stay inside? I have seen Burford several times on pass snaps lead his man outside even though he was initially pushed back on the play. That is what you want from a tackle, is it not?

Same. That might be the way to go...just hate switching this late.

Yeah, I don't get the Brendel slang. He's probably been our most consistent and steady OL, honestly. He's clearly won the job IMHO.

PS: I don't know how he'll look for 17+ games but at least he's showing some steadiness right now. I also don't know his ceiling.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 21, 2022 at 5:58 AM ]

Yeah, I don't get the Brendel slang. He's probably been our most consistent and steady OL, honestly. He's clearly won the job IMHO.

PS: I don't know how he'll look for 17+ games but at least he's showing some steadiness right now. I also don't know his ceiling.

I don't like the fact that we may have to switch Burford this late either but it may be our best option.

I think people are just disappointed we didn't draft a C high this year and haven't signed some big name in FA. I have a feeling those folks didn't even paid any attention to Brendel's performance last week against GB.

Anyone who hasn't gone through an entire NFL season as a starter is a question mark at its longevity and we have at least 3 of them on this O line.

I don't like the fact that we may have to switch Burford this late either but it may be our best option.

I think people are just disappointed we didn't draft a C high this year and haven't signed some big name in FA. I have a feeling those folks didn't even paid any attention to Brendel's performance last week against GB.

Anyone who hasn't gone through an entire NFL season as a starter is a question mark at its longevity and we have at least 3 of them on this O line.

Yup. This was not the off season to sign some "big name." Last year was...or the years before. But the market was dried. I understand the Tretter love but with those knees and him might wanting a fully GTD contract, that has Weston Richburg written all over it.

I would have liked a talented C-in-training too but unsure if this was the right class for that given where we picked.

So true!
Thank God we didn't resign our pro bowl LG. This O line sucks.
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Aug 21, 2022 at 7:03 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

So, Brendel at center, Poe at right guard, and Burford at right tackle? That just might work.
Share 49ersWebzone