There are 222 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Thank God we didn't resign our pro bowl LG. This O line sucks.

With what money?

Dramatic much? That "pro bowl" LG didn't exactly resemble Quenton Nelson. He was solid and consistent but he had his issues in pass pro and spent his whole 49ers career playing next to two possible/likely HOF LTs.

Fact is when our starting OTs are playing the line improves as a result. When we're actually game planning it also improves.

Thankfully we're starting off the season not playing the best defenses in the NFL. Hopefully the young guys keep improving with more time and our scheme protects the guys out there. Let's not forget most of us wanted Tom Compton cut and we all thought once he had to take over for McGlinchey that our team was f**ked. The talent we have can help cover up the holes we have. Maybe not every play but overall. Just need our defense to do their part and allow the young offense to not have to be perfect as they grow and develop. If we're lucky by the end of the season we're in the playoffs and our young QB and OL have taken huge steps forward and we're our best team when it matters most.
  • thl408
Originally posted by YACBros85:

With what money?

Charvarius Ward's money? Above average 30 year old guard, or upcoming man cover CB? hmmm
Originally posted by thl408:

With what money?

Charvarius Ward's money? Above average 30 year old guard, or upcoming man cover CB? hmmm

It's a tough one for sure. I mean we spent so much to acquire Laken. No hope to ever replace him.
Gotta wonder if all these injuries on the OL down in Tampa is scheme related
Sutherland might be the worst o lineman in the league. He was getting tossed around the whole game
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 21, 2022 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. You're keeping tabs on every swing T in the NFL?

McKivitz is our veteran and he blows too. We're in serious trouble if MM can't go...and/or TW gets dinged up again.

Jaylon wasn't doing very well before the injury. Yikes alert. They better get Brunskill reps at T stat.

Just like just about everyone else in the NFL. Unless you are Philly or Cleveland you are screwed without your starting tackles.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sutherland might be the worst o lineman in the league. He was getting tossed around the whole game

They must want to stash West so they don't want a lot of tape on him. No way is that guy a better center.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If these homegrown guys can play most of the season (no major injuries), I think we could have the best OL in 2023

Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Ghostofabshelmet.

Tbf he was drafted before we could get but yeah I cursed when the eagles selected Cam Jurgens
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

Tbf he was drafted before we could get but yeah I cursed when the eagles selected Cam Jurgens

Blocking at the second level is certainly something I didn't see from Mack last season and did not see from Brendel last week.
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

Yeah totally get it. Still a bummer lol
Originally posted by thl408:

With what money?

The secondary was just as much of an issue last season as the O line. Can't blame them for going for a CB who can man up and cover. Tomlinson was straight ass in the playoffs which is probably why they decided to spend that money elsewhere.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 21, 2022 at 11:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone