LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 234 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Patriots looking to trade Isaiah Wynn... does he make sense for the 49ers? He is a Tackle but is the size of a Guard... I'm actually feeling ok with the Guards but not Center

I'm pretty sure he could rock RT for us

Is he better than McGlinchey? I'm not even going to pretend to know how good the Patriots lineman are

He's a little more balanced. He has been injured quite a bit during his NFL time...both guys are on their 5th yr option.
Patriots looking to trade Isaiah Wynn... does he make sense for the 49ers? He is a Tackle but is the size of a Guard... I'm actually feeling ok with the Guards but not Center

Is he better than McGlinchey? I'm not even going to pretend to know how good the Patriots lineman are

He has durability issues and has a salary of 10.4 million this year.
Apparently they have cap issues.

Breer also mentioned Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor as trade possibilities out of New England.

"New England's really tight to the cap, and my sense is they'd like to use a surplus they might have at one position or another to alleviate that and maybe pick up a draft pick or two," he wrote.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Which one? MM or Wynn?

The 10.4 million ends that discussion. Lynch and Shanahan have proven they don't like spending on lineman UNLESS they are the best in the league aka Trent

He's a little more balanced. He has been injured quite a bit during his NFL time...both guys are on their 5th yr option.

Perfectly said.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Which one? MM or Wynn?

I mean Wynn has missed 29 games in 4 yrs. McG has missed 12 in 4 yrs.

The 10.4 million ends that discussion. Lynch and Shanahan have proven they don't like spending on lineman UNLESS they are the best in the league aka Trent

For 20 million they may actually get decent production between both MM and IW if they are healthy at different times during the season.

I was saying straight up trade one injury player with a high salary for another but the patriots are trying to clear up some cap space. Bummer.

Which one? MM or Wynn?

Good one.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 22, 2022 at 1:16 PM ]

Agree

He has an injury history - doesn't he??
Our boy Poe gettin left guard snaps 🙌🏻🥳

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Gonna end up adding Poe and West to that group too IMO. West needs to sprain his pinky toe week 3 so he can go on IR for the year.

Poe seems to be passing West by.

I'd be great if both of them developed into starters

What a fcking draft if poe and burford work out. Even though we miss the free throws they been hitting in the deep three which is very impressive
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
What a fcking draft if poe and burford work out. Even though we miss the free throws they been hitting in the deep three which is very impressive

Counting our two undrafted free agents Poe and Mason, We could have 7 players from this years draft class that could make big impacts on our team this season.

Drake- Possible our starting DE opposite Bosa by mid season.
TDP-Our #2 RB. Might even become #1 if Mitchell misses time.
Gray-our deep vertical threat who might become our #3 WR at some point this season.
Burford-Starting RG
Womack-Starting LG
Poe-Might surpass Banks as our starting LG. Or even get center snaps eventually.
Mason-Our 3rd down RB possibly and might even move up the depth chart.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

He has an injury history - doesn't he??

Oh yeah for sure
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Gonna end up adding Poe and West to that group too IMO. West needs to sprain his pinky toe week 3 so he can go on IR for the year.

Poe has a legit shot at making the team too.

Brendal and Poe, if they pan out - and even if they are just *average* OLinemen, that saves 49ers two valuable draft picks and a good amount of cap space, and buys the 49ers time to really draft some OLine talent next year. I really am looking forward to seeing both play this Thursday against the 1's and 2's.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Our boy Poe gettin left guard snaps 🙌🏻🥳

It reported he is splitting rep with the first team O -line. Sound like he is going to make the team and at some point could be the starting left guard.
Share 49ersWebzone