LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 291 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Week 1:

Williams-Poe-Brendel-Burford-Brunskill
I've said this many times, let's draft the best available C in next years draft!
Williams- Poe- Brendel- Banks- Burford
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I've said this many times, let's draft the best available C in next years draft!

they are typically only 2 Centers in every draft thats actually ready to start in NFL usually they both go in first 2-3 rounds tough to do with other needs in past

next year depending on who we resign it is a top need (unless they see WEst as future Center who needs a year)
Originally posted by Giedi:
Keep in mind our DLine is probably one of the elite D-Lines in the NFL. If *our* OLine can handle *our* D-Line in practice, they should be able to handle most defensive lines in the NFL, they just need the experience in playing together to achieve that. I'm sure they will struggle with blitzes and stunts etc. during the first couple of weeks. We need to have our defense blitz and stunt the hell out of our OLIne in practice and get them sharpened for the opposing defenses. The OLine, if relatively healthy, should be fine by midseason.

That's a good point about our d-line. Hopefully it works out because if it does we will be damn near unstoppable.
Cannot wait to watch this run game dominate. Imagine putting Poe in the backfield left of Juice with Kittle - Williams - Banks.

Deebo in the backfield
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Cannot wait to watch this run game dominate. Imagine putting Poe in the backfield left of Juice with Kittle - Williams - Banks.

Deebo in the backfield

Deebo in the backfield with Kittle and Juice plus Aiyuk and Gray on the outside makes this offense so Fn dangerous. I cannot wait.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Deebo in the backfield

Deebo in the backfield with Kittle and Juice plus Aiyuk and Gray on the outside makes this offense so Fn dangerous. I cannot wait.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Keep in mind our DLine is probably one of the elite D-Lines in the NFL. If *our* OLine can handle *our* D-Line in practice, they should be able to handle most defensive lines in the NFL, they just need the experience in playing together to achieve that. I'm sure they will struggle with blitzes and stunts etc. during the first couple of weeks. We need to have our defense blitz and stunt the hell out of our OLIne in practice and get them sharpened for the opposing defenses. The OLine, if relatively healthy, should be fine by midseason.

That's a good point about our d-line. Hopefully it works out because if it does we will be damn near unstoppable.

i dont think i would trade our DL for anyones
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Id love to see that this Thursday!

I'm down with this unit.

Would not be mad about that. Although keep Banks at LG. Poe has already been playing RG anyhow.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Deebo in the backfield

It was a pretty dangerous offense last year. Now with Gray, TDP, and Ray Ray, plus a New QB with a howitzer arm - if the offense can get through the first four weeks without health issues - by the 5th week, it will be very tough to stop.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Would not be mad about that. Although keep Banks at LG. Poe has already been playing RG anyhow.
exactly..no need to switch sides at guard
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Whats even better, now that I've seen Poe and Brendel play, is that our OLine coaches are pretty good. They were able to get guys like Brendel and Poe, plus draft guys like Banks and Burford. They have also been able to develop them. We will see how they hold up in a regular season game, but the future looks bright (for now) with regards to our OLine coaching staff. That area was one of my bigger concerns, along with the Defensive Backs and RB depth.

P.s. Demeco is going to be a HC next year the way he's developed that defensive back squad.
Share 49ersWebzone