LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 268 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Well, JC Tretter announced his retirement so that door is now officially closed.

Like Kyle cares.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Well, JC Tretter announced his retirement so that door is now officially closed.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jc-tretter-retires-nflpa-president-former-browns-center-nine-seasons
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Williams- Poe- Brendel- Banks- Burford

Would not be mad about that. Although keep Banks at LG. Poe has already been playing RG anyhow.

I don't like Banks moving back and forth after he talked about how much more comfortable he is. Personally that's a whole lot of unknown with only pre-season performance to judge. I would feel real uncomfortable with this situation.

I agree that moving relatively inexperienced players around is not ideal. Until proven otherwise, I'm going to go with the assumption that the staff has looked at enough tape, and seen enough in practice that they are confident the current positions are the best fit for these guys.

Burford would appear to be a forced exception if MMc is going to be on the shelf for a while. Brunskill has proven to be the best option at OT but has been playing other positions due to need. Of course, he is now out for a while as well.

All that having been said, I am a fan of cross-training. It allows each player to become more familiar with what the guy next to them is supposed to do and how to do it. So there is that...

Agree 💯%, it will slow their growth for a time, but I really believe if they really have talent, then they will eventually get better as they get more reps and experience. Them developing and being better at the end of the season is better than the opposit (starting great and ending bad). I think how a team ends the season is a stronger indication of playoff success than how they started.

Yep, healthy teams win Super Bowls.
How is the Texans DL?
How is the Texans DL?

Dominated the hell out of the Rams 2nd team. They aren't terrible.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
How is the Texans DL?

Dominated the hell out of the Rams 2nd team. They aren't terrible.

Great. Iron shapens iron.
Great. Iron shapens iron.

6 sacks in the first half IIRC
Our o line sucks
McKivitz and Moore don't have the lateral movement/athleticism to be tackles.
The fact that they refused to sign lineman this offseason is a colossal failure

Is it talent or coaching? Both? Who's the OL coach?! Because this has to be one of the worst performances by an OL I've seen.
Well, it is time to see what Foerster is made of. No one really looked good. Even Burford had two holding calls.
Lynch needs to get on the phone and start calling for lineman.
I'm having a hard time evaluating anyone on offense because the line play has been so bad.

Could be this year's Achilles heel.
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Aug 25, 2022 at 8:45 PM ]
A few weeks Kyle was asked about his o-line evaluation;
"You show it in practice, but our O-line coach (Chris Foerster) says it all the time. 'You don't know if an O-lineman can play until he gets his ass kicked in a game.' It's going to happen. It's going to happen a lot. And then how do you come back the next week? Are you rattled? Do you kind of hide? Or do you rise to the occasion and learn how to deal with it?
"That's really, to me, what playing O-line is in the NFL, and you don't know that until you give those guys those opportunities. But you've got to believe in what the person's made of. We've got the guys, athletically, and I also think we've got the character in this room to handle those situations."

Welp... I'd say we're there. We get to wait two weeks to find out... at least about the IOL. The Texans DL took their lunch money.
Share 49ersWebzone