LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Y'all remember that Saints preseason game in like 2012 where we gave up like a million sacks then we went on to have one of the best olines in football. Not saying that's gonna happen again but I don't put too much stock into this game.

We definitely need a new swing tackle that's for sure.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Y'all remember that Saints preseason game in like 2012 where we gave up like a million sacks then we went on to have one of the best olines in football. Not saying that's gonna happen again but I don't put too much stock into this game.

We definitely need a new swing tackle that's for sure.

Agreed. Kyle hates preseason games as well.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
Lynch needs to get on the phone and start calling for lineman.

Yeah I think it's come to that. Make some trades do something.

pretty late to the party... hope you apologize to nc... he was right all along about this o line along with many of us as well

Ive been saying it since March that oline is our top priority but it was ignored again by Lynch. RG has been musical chairs for years.. now its LG
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Aug 26, 2022 at 9:42 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Relying on McGlinchey to come back from a tore quad. And then drafting luxury running backs in the 3rd round . These are the types of decisions that cripple a team. Yes I know that MM is likely to be ready for Week 1, but its not exactly inspiring. He had some irritation in his knee after like 3 snaps?

Personally, i don't think McGlinchey is going to be playing much this year. His injury reminds me too much of Dee Ford.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
all you and others did was rip nc when he dared voice concern about the line.. so please do not act stupid.. uhm,, the so called starters like MM are in serious question to so stop with... oh.. our starters are fine.. because aside from trent.. no they are not.... good luck with trading for someone this late in the game. this line is what it is.. so much for hoping and praying and hoping that dreams come true

Oh cut the s**t! NC and I have different philosophies on OG. I said you don't have to spend elite money/picks there. OT/C absolutely. I said scheme and QB help with blocking, which is absolutely true and no one should say otherwise.

People like YOU misinterpret our debate clearly. I'm not gonna let you b******t my comments. I don't f**king think so.

NOW if McG is out long-term then yes go look for legit long-term starter. We had to see what we have in-house & it might not be good enough, but you had to see it first. Yeah your right SF has never traded for a OL this late before *cough Laken.

Lastly, it's preseason man. You're puffing up your chest over backup OTs. Give me a break.

and you just love to just move the goalposts. and why did they let laken go? cut they bungled jimmy so we could not keep him. here is a news flash as you continue to hope and make fun of people worried about the line....... screw the back ups... we got one good starter on the line in trent. maybe you think mm will suddenly be joe staley
and you just love to just move the goalposts. and why did they let laken go? cut they bungled jimmy so we could not keep him. here is a news flash as you continue to hope and make fun of people worried about the line....... screw the back ups... we got one good starter on the line in trent. maybe you think mm will suddenly be joe staley

They let Laken go because he wasn't worth a top 5 guard salary. Same reason they will let McGlinchey go.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

They let Laken go because he wasn't worth a top 5 guard salary. Same reason they will let McGlinchey go.

Not only is he not worth top 5 money you would have to cut Jimmy and eat the 7.5 million on top of the 13 million he got paid. 20 M for a Guard. LMAO
all you and others did was rip nc when he dared voice concern about the line.. so please do not act stupid.. uhm,, the so called starters like MM are in serious question to so stop with... oh.. our starters are fine.. because aside from trent.. no they are not.... good luck with trading for someone this late in the game. this line is what it is.. so much for hoping and praying and hoping that dreams come true

Oh cut the s**t! NC and I have different philosophies on OG. I said you don't have to spend elite money/picks there. OT/C absolutely. I said scheme and QB help with blocking, which is absolutely true and no one should say otherwise.

People like YOU misinterpret our debate clearly. I'm not gonna let you b******t my comments. I don't f**king think so.

NOW if McG is out long-term then yes go look for legit long-term starter. We had to see what we have in-house & it might not be good enough, but you had to see it first. Yeah your right SF has never traded for a OL this late before *cough Laken.

Lastly, it's preseason man. You're puffing up your chest over backup OTs. Give me a break.

To be honest, we don't really know what we have in Banks and Burford.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

at least laken proved he could be very very good.. something mm has never done. all i know you let a guy like laken walk and the plan is to replace him with some mid tier guys that you HOPE will be good.. and now we find out and are finding out.. that is sadly not the case.. unless you suddenly think.. well we have two weeks. they will be better in two weeks..... then when they are not.. they we hear. well it takes about 8 games for them to jell. as you HOPE trey does not pay the price for jelling.... so basically you have then just wrote off this season. i thought we were in win now mode
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Not only is he not worth top 5 money you would have to cut Jimmy and eat the 7.5 million on top of the 13 million he got paid. 20 M for a Guard. LMAO

all i know we are setting here with jimmy still on the roster and a garbage o line. i would LMAO but its actually kind of sad.. but keep laughing

at least laken proved he could be very very good.. something mm has never done. all i know you let a guy like laken walk and the plan is to replace him with some mid tier guys that you HOPE will be good.. and now we find out and are finding out.. that is sadly not the case.. unless you suddenly think.. well we have two weeks. they will be better in two weeks..... then when they are not.. they we hear. well it takes about 8 games for them to jell. as you HOPE trey does not pay the price for jelling.... so basically you have then just wrote off this season. i thought we were in win now mode

Mid tier? Banks is a 2nd rounder. Whether you think he was that level to begin with is a different story but that's hardly mid tier.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

all i know we are setting here with jimmy still on the roster and a garbage o line. i would LMAO but its actually kind of sad.. but keep laughing

I will thanks. 20M guard lol
I will go against the grain here and say we have a very good line. Will eat crow if wrong but I won't be.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

To be honest, we don't really know what we have in Banks and Burford.

Agree, and add Trey Lance in that group too. I'm trusting Shanahan on this, because its above my pay grade. I think there is talent there - it just needs experience.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I will go against the grain here and say we have a very good line. Will eat crow if wrong but I won't be.

I will wait to see the Oline actually play together to decide.
Share 49ersWebzone