LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 176 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
banks and burford need to get better quick
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wish I knew. This is why it's hard to accurately grade these guys. It could be either's fault OR even the C's with an incorrect protection call or not getting it communicated out to J.Moore there (or the RB). It could be the RB's fault too.

How the f**k sermon? Not giving Moore a pass, horrendous, but wtf is sermon doing lol

I bet Hasty would have picked that up.

That's an area he's massively improved upon since first arriving.
If the reports are true the FO inquired recently about an IOL trade, that's super alarming and tells you what THEY think of the IOL.

Also of note, Lombardi said Tretter said nobody contacted him this year, so he retired. Dafuq????
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 26, 2022 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't say he set up outside b/c he's expecting help from the guard. More than likely he's setting up on the outside b/c he's been beat multiple times to the outside. Which he was. He's trying to predict what Hughes will do next. Thus why the veteran pass rusher beat him with the quick inside move. Moore simply was put on skates all night by a better veteran defender.

Very likely.
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't say he set up outside b/c he's expecting help from the guard. More than likely he's setting up on the outside b/c he's been beat multiple times to the outside. Which he was. He's trying to predict what Hughes will do next. Thus why the veteran pass rusher beat him with the quick inside move. Moore simply was put on skates all night by a better veteran defender.

Ah.. Thanks for the explanation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Pretty frustrating that this was obviously going to be a weak spot way back during the draft and just now they're coming to the, "oh s**t, maybe we should trade for another guy" realization. Seems pretty similar to the CB situation last year. Obvious issue early and didn't do enough to address it. If Trent or McG spend time on the IR this year we're proper f**ked.

hard to figure out. guess once again.. kittle will be used in pass protection ,.
It's all good guys, we've got a mobile qb.
If the reports are true the FO inquired recently about an IOL trade, that's super alarming and tells you what THEY think of the IOL.

Also of note, Lombardi said Tretter said nobody contacted him this year, so he retired. Dafuq????

Depends on what they are looking for. If it's a center that makes perfect sense as Brunskill is more useful as a jack of all trades backup. If they are looking for a guard it means they have lost faith in Banks.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
It's all good guys, we've got a mobile qb.

Haha. I did like how Trey dove down on the ground forc safety on one of those (seriously). Sometimes you just gotta eat it, stay safe and live another down.
I've seen Brendel graded out fairly well with PFF. Just wondering if the stats match what is being shown in games. I know PFF grades have been questionable in the past.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Depends on what they are looking for. If it's a center that makes perfect sense as Brunskill is more useful as a jack of all trades backup. If they are looking for a guard it means they have lost faith in Banks.

True. It could mean they are looking for quality depth too. Who knows. But it's a little late now IMHO..

You bring up some good points. I am curious to know what exactly they are looking for. If MM can't go and Brunskill has to fill in, maybe they are in the market for a backup center.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I've seen Brendel graded out fairly well with PFF. Just wondering if the stats match what is being shown in games. I know PFF grades have been questionable in the past.

For sure. He's been steady-Eddie.
You bring up some good points. I am curious to know what exactly they are looking for. If MM can't go and Brunskill has to fill in, maybe they are in the market for a backup center.

Not much out there that people will be willing to part with. Perhaps the Broncos and Graham Glasgow.

Not much out there that people will be willing to part with. Perhaps the Broncos and Graham Glasgow.

Yea. I am not sure who is out there and who would be available.

I find it hard to believe that last night Shanny just then came to the conclusion that one of the IOL needed to be replaced. The only logical thing that I can come up with is needing a back up center if Brunskill is asked to play tackle for an extended period of time. Both McKivitz and Moore have not looked good at all at those tackle positions.

Does anyone have info on the Bruskill injury and when he is expected to be back?
Share 49ersWebzone