There are 253 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
MM needs to suck it up and play. He has been raving all off-season how healthy he is. It's a contract year for him too. He has been dealing with this knee Irritation for 3 weeks now and it's still 2 weeks before week 1. If he is not healthy by week 1 from knee Irritation that has been going on for 5 weeks, Then that might be a issue all season for him.

I knew McGlinchey was going to have a tough time coming back.

I have a gut feeling he's not coming back.

Yeah, me too.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 28, 2022 at 12:15 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

Really good video . Gives me optimism about the interior

What I saw in this video is the scheme influencing the D and putting the guards in very favorable positions to make blocks. That is a good thing. What I didn't see was the guards winning any one-on-one battles. Not that they couldn't but until we see them doing that consistently, it is a reach to say this OL is going to be "really good." I hope it is going to be really good, however, if ShanaLynch agreed that they are going to be really good, why are they looking for guard help?

Every bit of that. They were getting beat 1-on-1. This is why I'm very worried about our O-line. The OG position is a position we can't seem to draft right. FA is the best option.
I keep seeing these YouTube videos of the amazing guard play for the 49ers.... I keep watching pre-season games and watch these dudes getting murdered.

I wonder if this is the new "you will not believe what happened next"
No one answered my question. If Miller is signed, who does he replace at guard?

Whoever is backing up the guards
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I highly doubt they are signing Miller to be a starter.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Banks looks good honestly. Burfurd is a far better run blocker than pass blocker at this time but is solid . Brendel looks surprisingly good

I know our OL is catching lot of flack and rightfully so but i think the biggest issue we saw in last preseason game was with the OT. I think our starters will be pretty fine but we are so thin at the position

like paper thin
[ Edited by ritz126 on Aug 28, 2022 at 6:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Does anyone have any idea who is starting on this OL other than at LT and C (Brendel)? This is looking like a complete disaster.

Looks like
Williams-Banks-Brendel-Burford-Brunkskill(MM out)

So basically the best offensive linemen in the league and 4 question marks
Originally posted by ritz126:

Banks looks good honestly. Burfurd is a far better run blocker than pass blocker at this time but is solid . Brendel looks surprisingly good

I know our OL is catching lot of flack and rightfully so but i think the biggest issue we saw in last preseason game was with the OT. I think our starters will be pretty fine but we are so thin at the position

like paper thin

Yeah, we have no depth at the guard spots and are hoping the tackle spots get healthy fast.
What I saw in this video is the scheme influencing the D and putting the guards in very favorable positions to make blocks. That is a good thing. What I didn't see was the guards winning any one-on-one battles. Not that they couldn't but until we see them doing that consistently, it is a reach to say this OL is going to be "really good." I hope it is going to be really good, however, if ShanaLynch agreed that they are going to be really good, why are they looking for guard help?

They might be satisfied with the starting 3 interior lineman but are looking for depth.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

They might be satisfied with the starting 3 interior lineman but are looking for depth.

That is exactly what they are doing. Wouldn't be surprised if they are in the market for a back up center if they have to move Brunskill outside.

Originally posted by Brucey72:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Does anyone have any idea who is starting on this OL other than at LT and C (Brendel)? This is looking like a complete disaster.

Looks like
Williams-Banks-Brendel-Burford-Brunkskill(MM out)

So basically the best offensive linemen in the league and 4 question marks

True. But at least we'll have our 5 best 'healthy' options out there and all playing at their natural positions. It's the best we've got.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 28, 2022 at 10:02 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

i would rather take a chance on him starting than the so called alleged starting guards we have seen so far in pre season. we sure as hell need someone for something
Yea hard to judge any of these interior linemen off pre season. I like Brendal but the guy gets 0 push. He's always going backwards. Pass pro is my main concern.
Any chance a "better" Guard becomes available when the Final League cutdown happens?

Seems like there has to be 1 or 2, but I imagine a bunch of Teams will be on the lookout if it does happen.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Any chance a "better" Guard becomes available when the Final League cutdown happens?

Seems like there has to be 1 or 2, but I imagine a bunch of Teams will be on the lookout if it does happen.

we will be reactive. that is what lynch does most of the time
Share 49ersWebzone