LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 240 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This line will surprise a lot of people come week 1
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This line will surprise a lot of people come week 1

I think they'll be better than the consensus in the Zone but-IMO - still not optimal
Originally posted by cciowa:
i would rather take a chance on him starting than the so called alleged starting guards we have seen so far in pre season. we sure as hell need someone for something

Our guards are capable man, they weren't the source of the problem, our backup tackles are terrible though.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
i would rather take a chance on him starting than the so called alleged starting guards we have seen so far in pre season. we sure as hell need someone for something

Our guards are capable man, they weren't the source of the problem, our backup tackles are terrible though.

Truth!!

The backup Tackles would probably better at Guards
I hope we claim a backup T. If Skule, McKivitz or Moore see any time this year we are in trouble.
Originally posted by Brucey72:
I hope we claim a backup T. If Skule, McKivitz or Moore see any time this year we are in trouble.

Let's pray It doesn't come to that.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

All it takes is MM or Trent missing time which happens every year
Originally posted by Sickaa:

All it takes is MM or Trent missing time which happens every year

This also depends on whether Brunskill can still play OT. Also, Moore looked terrible in that pre-season game, but he just came back from injury. He may need some time to get into form.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Does anyone have any idea who is starting on this OL other than at LT and C (Brendel)? This is looking like a complete disaster.

Looks like
Williams-Banks-Brendel-Burford-Brunkskill(MM out)

So basically the best offensive linemen in the league and 4 question marks

Earlier on in PS, that was my best guess also. That means that Poe is the odd man out but is a very capable OL er… make that OG . Question is with his athleticism, is there a chance he could play OT, also.? He surely could play TE, FB, OG, and maybe even Center… but is OT a possibility?

thats why youre writing on a forum

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Earlier on in PS, that was my best guess also. That means that Poe is the odd man out but is a very capable OL er… make that OG . Question is with his athleticism, is there a chance he could play OT, also.? He surely could play TE, FB, OG, and maybe even Center… but is OT a possibility?

no

hes way to undersized for OT
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Does anyone have any idea who is starting on this OL other than at LT and C (Brendel)? This is looking like a complete disaster.

Looks like

Agree, that's what it looks like to me also. I think the Miller tryout is more for McGlinchey than anything regarding the other players. I think McGlinchey's career with the 49ers is over. I really hope I'm wrong though.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Looks like

True. But at least we'll have our 5 best 'healthy' options out there and all playing at their natural positions. It's the best we've got.

My hope is that by seasons end, it (hopefully) will be the best ever in the NFL.
Ultimately, I think we'll have a middle-of-the-pack O-line and it shouldn't make a major difference in the outcome of the season.
At this point I don't trust McGlinchey or any of his backups. Just give the Pats a 3rd rounder for Isiah Wynn and we are good to go.
Share 49ersWebzone