LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 235 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Brucey72:

If I'm Lynch I am sending a 7th to the Raiders for Leatherwood. 1st round talent and had a rough year. But look what they did with Tomlinson. Plus it is better than holding onto McKivitz

I'd take a shot but man...Leatherwood sounds like a complete joke about how bad he's been.

Yup agree but Mckivitz, Skule and Moore have been complete jokes too lol. A 7th is worth the shot imo
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ultimately, I think we'll have a middle-of-the-pack O-line and it shouldn't make a major difference in the outcome of the season.

You still think we're going 11-6 with an average OL?

I mean we've gone to SBs and won a s**t load of games with an "avg" OL lol

Jenkins in SF playing LG would be an upgrade. Banks for Jenkins and a conditional pick? He fits the scheme better imo
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Jenkins in SF playing LG would be an upgrade. Banks for Jenkins and a conditional pick? He fits the scheme better imo

A Tackle for a Guard or do you envision Jenkins playing G?
Ultimately, I think we'll have a middle-of-the-pack O-line and it shouldn't make a major difference in the outcome of the season.

Absolutely not!

I mean we've gone to SBs and won a s**t load of games with an "avg" OL lol

Exactly.

Technically, at least according to NCommand's opinion those weren't "avg" OL, but way below average OL.

Anyway, prediction is hard this season because we don't know who good Trey Lance is.

I don't think we are trading Banks away. He is our starting LG. If McGlinchey is out for the season for for an extensive period of time, I can see us trading for Jenkins with draft picks.

Concerning part with him is entitlement. Don't like players that don't want to work for their spots.

Sure, but I have told you many times, I think you drastically under estimate how many lines around the league are average or worse. We all want greatness at every position but bad line play is actually the baseline norm for the NFL, being good is the outlier.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Sure, but I have told you many times, I think you drastically under estimate how many lines around the league are average or worse. We all want greatness at every position but bad line play is actually the baseline norm for the NFL, being good is the outlier.

A point i've made ad nauseum in this thread. Even the few outliers that are good aren't building their O lines any differently than the 9ers.

It's the picking the right players coupled with the development that's at issue. We will know more by end of season in that regard.

A Tackle for a Guard or do you envision Jenkins playing G?

He's a guard. I never thought Jenkins was a OT at the next level
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I don't think we are trading Banks away. He is our starting LG. If McGlinchey is out for the season for for an extensive period of time, I can see us trading for Jenkins with draft picks.

Jenkins isn't a OT imo. He's a IOL and would replace Banks at LG. I would rather have Jenkins than Banks
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Concerning part with him is entitlement. Don't like players that don't want to work for their spots.

I mean getting traded opens your eyes as a player. Imo he's an upgrade from Banks at LG. It more than likely doesn't happen but I would welcome it.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Jenkins isn't a OT imo. He's a IOL and would replace Banks at LG. I would rather have Jenkins than Banks

It is weird you made definitive statement that he is a guard and not tackle solely based on your assessment.
Share 49ersWebzone